Windows 10: Accessing Desired Folders - Media Streaming Options

Discus and support Accessing Desired Folders - Media Streaming Options in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Goal: Watch videos & listen to music that is stored on my PC --- on my LG TV. I have gotten this to work, but not the folders I want. Have connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chamlin, Feb 15, 2021.

1. chamlin Win User

Accessing Desired Folders - Media Streaming Options

Goal: Watch videos & listen to music that is stored on my PC --- on my LG TV. I have gotten this to work, but not the folders I want.

1. Have connected my Win 10 Pro computer to my wired router.
    2. Have connected my new LG TV to my wired router.
    3. The PC sees the "Media Devices" of the LG TV.
    4. The LG sees my PC, calls it "storage" as part of its "media sharing" system.
    5. When I click to watch or listen, the TV seems to only have access to the PC's default C: drive Music, Video, Photos folders.
    6. I don't store anything there. Have my videos, etc. on different drives.
    7. I have tested moving a video and audio file to those c: drive folders, and they work. So...

Does anyone have any idea to be able to access my needed folders? Or if not, maybe to convert those C: drive folders into shortcuts for the file folders I want to access? Would suck to have to copy files to the C: drive all the time.

Thanks!

:)

chamlin, Feb 15, 2021

2. Media streaming option is missing please help

Hi Kevin,

There's another way on how you can turn on the Media Streaming option in your Windows 10 device. Here's how:

• Launch Windows Media Player.
    • Click on Stream and choose Turn on media streaming.
    • A new window will pop up. Click on the Turn on media streaming button.

If the option is still not available, we suggest creating a new user profile with administrator privileges to check if the option will appear.

Once you have verified that the option is available in the newly created user profile, you can transfer your data from the old user account to the newly created one.

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Aileen Alf, Feb 15, 2021
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Accessing Desired Folders - Media Streaming Options

Media Streaming option disappeared on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

As the option, Change Advanced sharing settings is visible on the Left pane, I suggest you to click on it. Further select and expand
    All Networks option. You will find the media streaming option under it.

Hope you find and access the option. Do keep us posted.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Accessing Desired Folders - Media Streaming Options

1. Accessing Desired Folders - Media Streaming Options - Similar Threads - Accessing Desired Folders

2. Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11: Some users may have experienced this problem in Windows 11.Here is how to fix this problem.1. Go to Settings > Apps > Optional Features2. Click View Features to Add optional features.3. Add or install "Media Player Legacy".4. After installing. Go to Control Panel > Network...
  3. Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11: Some users may have experienced this problem in Windows 11.Here is how to fix this problem.1. Go to Settings > Apps > Optional Features2. Click View Features to Add optional features.3. Add or install "Media Player Legacy".4. After installing. Go to Control Panel > Network...
  4. Media Streaming Option Missing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Streaming Option Missing Windows 11: I cannot enable media streaming DLNA in Windows 11 because the option to do so has vanished from the Network and Sharing Center. I used to enable streaming from inside the old Windows Media Player, but I recently uninstalled that as I expected to use the new Media Player, and...
  5. Media Streaming Option Missing Windows 11

Media Streaming Option Missing Windows 11: I cannot enable media streaming DLNA in Windows 11 because the option to do so has vanished from the Network and Sharing Center. I used to enable streaming from inside the old Windows Media Player, but I recently uninstalled that as I expected to use the new Media Player, and...
  6. Media streaming options not there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media streaming options not there: I just turned on my new laptop. One of my first things to do was to try and share files to my iPad. I went to Network and sharing. Media streaming options isn't there. What do I do? I need to be able to stream/share from my laptop to other devices....
  7. Media streaming options not there

Media streaming options not there: I just turned on my new laptop. One of my first things to do was to try and share files to my iPad. I went to Network and sharing. Media streaming options isn't there. What do I do? I need to be able to stream/share from my laptop to other devices....
  8. Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA: Hi, I am trying to setup media streaming to allow me to stream media content from my device to a player on my network using DLNA. The actual DLNA server is working and appearing, and the player device can connect to it fine. However, none of my media is appearing in the...
  9. Select folders for Media Stream

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Select folders for Media Stream: Hello guys, I'm sharing media from a second drive and it's perfectly working. I'm trying to understand if it's possible to show only "Videos" folder instead of all: "Pictures, Music and Recorded TV". I've looked every possible option but I can't figure out how to do it....
  10. <Media Streaming Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    <Media Streaming Options: How do you customize and change the default settings in Media Streaming for Windows 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-streaming-options/349e684f-b135-41b7-b435-959d799b5e6d