Windows 10: accessing desktopwinxp from win10laptop

Discus and support accessing desktopwinxp from win10laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Without allowing desktop winxp to get online? I already have workgroup named and set up on both computers but not sure how to network them to share and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by maureen, Aug 26, 2015.

1. maureen Win User

accessing desktopwinxp from win10laptop

Without allowing desktop winxp to get online? I already have workgroup named and set up on both computers but not sure how to network them to share and also to keep xp offline and not wreck my existing wifi connection with laptop.
    Please remember I am not a tech speaking person so has to be simple talk. My goal is to straighten out winxp and then load win7 dvd I already have and then hopefully get free win10 to download after all that.

:)

maureen, Aug 26, 2015

2. blocked from accessing graphics hardware

A clean boot is performed for us to determine if there is a third party software (non-Microsoft applications) that is causing conflicts. An example is a third party anti-virus.

When you start up your computer, applications will automatically run on your system’s background. We can avoid this by disabling those programs. Here’s how:

• From Start, search for msconfig.
    • Select System Configuration from the search results.
      accessing desktopwinxp from win10laptop [​IMG]
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable
      all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.
    Regards.

Catherine Cus., Aug 26, 2015
  3. BobZ2 Win User
    Accessing Application Data from PC

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:29:06 +0000, Sarath.C wrote:

You can write a desktop application that uses RAPI to access files,

etc. on whatever device is attached via ActiveSync/WMDC. I'm not sure

who that would let you access data stored in a database on the device.

I'm pretty sure RAPI can let a desktop app interact with a DLL running

on the device, so perhaps you could write a DLL that can let your

desktop app access the data.

You might want to ask this in Msdn.en-US.windowsmobilede.

BobZ2, Aug 26, 2015
  4. accessing desktopwinxp from win10laptop

Just to be sure of your goal. You want to be able to share files between the xp computer and the eventual Windows 10 laptop in a network, but you don't want the xp computer to have internet access?

sciencegeek, Aug 27, 2015
  5. maureen Win User
    Redone question> I have a laptop with win10 using a wifi router hooked into dsl modem and then I have desktop with xp with no wifi and offline. dsl modem only has 1 ethernet plugin which wifi router is using. Would like to join the desktop to my 'workgroup' on laptop have set up already. So can share files between 2 computers. I already renamed the workgroup on winxp to same as it is on laptop win10 so now trying to figure out how to do rest? I don't have money to buy more equipment but do have extra Ethernet cords if needed.

maureen, Aug 27, 2015
  6. You should have enough to set up a basic network assuming the xp computer has an Ethernet card. The cable from the dsl modem should go into the port on the wifi router usually labelled WAN or Internet. Assuming the windows 10 laptop is going to be on wifi, plug an Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port of the win xp computer and the other end of the Ethernet cable into one of the ports of the wifi router labelled 1,2,3,4 (I'm assuming there's 4 ports on the router). You should have Internet on the XP computer (assuming the XP computer is running with the default network card settings). Open the browser and see if you have Internet.

sciencegeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

accessing desktopwinxp from win10laptop

1. accessing desktopwinxp from win10laptop - Similar Threads - accessing desktopwinxp win10laptop

2. Access denied while accessing the admin$ from network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied while accessing the admin$ from network: I have account named "test" which is a member of Administrators" , when i tried to access the admin$ and provide this test credential at UACgot access denied error.Note : i have already tried adding LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy with value 1 , disabling UAC ....
  3. Access denied while accessing the admin$ from network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied while accessing the admin$ from network: I have account named "test" which is a member of Administrators" , when i tried to access the admin$ and provide this test credential at UACgot access denied error.Note : i have already tried adding LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy with value 1 , disabling UAC ....
  4. Access denied while accessing the admin$ from network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  6. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  7. Remote Access from Hackers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Access from Hackers: Hello Tech Savvys,Remote Access to one's system is a potential threat, so I thought of restricting all sorts of remote access to my system via unchecking " Allow Remote Access Connections " under control panel >remote access settings. However to ensure whether disabling the...
  8. Access to NAS from laptop

Access to NAS from laptop: Hello, I recently bought a NAS (Helios4) running on openmediavault. I installed the OS in the NAS, I then followed all the procedures to install openmediavault but I do not manage to see the NAS among my networks. I can enter the NAS from my pc by typing its IP and make...
  9. Access Denied from www.microsoft.com

Access Denied from www.microsoft.com: I got errors below when I access www.microsoft.com [ATTACH] My department have own internet connection to ISP with fixed IP. Every computers on my department LAN have same issue. I cleared browsing and cached data from browser and still the same issue. If change to...
  10. Remove from Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove from Quick access: You guys have helped me with other technical problems so lets see if anyone can help with this one ! Cannot delete or remove from Quick access the 3 files that say recent files, i have tried uninstalling OneDrive & reinstalling which didn't work ! Any ideas on how to either...