Windows 10: Accessing files from defunct laptop via USB cable HDD.

Discus and support Accessing files from defunct laptop via USB cable HDD. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently my computer became inoperable so I removed the hard disk and fitted it into a USB case. I now need to access the previous Admin account folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Archdeacon, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Accessing files from defunct laptop via USB cable HDD.

Recently my computer became inoperable so I removed the hard disk and fitted it into a USB case. I now need to access the previous Admin account folder to retrieve some files, but Windows says I need Admin permission and must reply Continue which I did but the folder still failed to open.
    I then created a matching local account (same name) on the new computer and tried again but still no luck.
    Does anyone know how to retrieve these files please?

:)

Archdeacon, Sep 30, 2019

2. Unable to access Teclast tablet on Windows 10 laptop via USB cable

Hi Ramesh,

As per the above description I understand that you are facing issues with accessing the tablet on your laptop. Correct me if I am wrong.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the tablet?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to detect the tablet on your laptop?

This issue might have occurred due to driver problems on your computer. Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: If you are connecting the tablet via wired/ USB connection, I suggest you to try the below as a workaround check if it helps.

• Use different cable and check. This will let us know if the issue is with the cable.

• Connect the cable to a different USB port on the computer.

Also visit the Telecast support site and check if there is any drivers/firmware for your device model. If so install it and then check if you are able to connect to PC.

TECLAST

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing the tablet for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Steevo Win User

Accessing files from defunct laptop via USB cable HDD.

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Accessing files from defunct laptop via USB cable HDD.

1. Accessing files from defunct laptop via USB cable HDD. - Similar Threads - Accessing files defunct

2. Windows 10 unable to access external HDD via USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 unable to access external HDD via USB: Hopefully someone can help. My desktop HD (Seagate Barracuda 2TB) drive failed in some way. That desktop system can longer boot or even recognize drive. I have connected it to my laptop as an external drive via USB. Windows explorer does not see it at all. Disk Mgmt shows it...
  3. Communicate with Smart Life device SM1117R via USB cable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Communicate with Smart Life device SM1117R via USB cable.: Hello, I have a SMART LIFE SM1117R and I would like to communicate with my laptop (Windows 10 Pro) via USB cable. When I connect cable to USB port in the list for Bluetooth devices in Settings appear "MediaTek USB Port (COM8)". May be need a driver for communication with...
  4. No access on HDD's and USB flash drives

No access on HDD's and USB flash drives: Hello. Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread and forgive me if there is already a thread with the same problem. I do not have access to any of the extra hard disks and...
  5. No access on HDD's and USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Support
    No access on HDD's and USB flash drives: Hello. Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread and forgive me if there is already a thread with the same problem. I do not have access to any of the extra hard disks and...
  6. Can't access HDD plugged in via a USB to SATA bridge?

Can't access HDD plugged in via a USB to SATA bridge?: I've just bought myself a new WD HDD, plugged it in, formatted it and given it a new drive number - all running well. I now want to copy everything from my old (smaller) HDD, so i've plugged it in to an old USB to SATA II/IDE, the computer installed the driver and the disk...
  7. Connecting windows tablet to pc via usb cable?

Connecting windows tablet to pc via usb cable?: It is annoying that you can connect android tablets to a pc using standard usb cables to allow fast file transfer but you cannot connect a windows tablet in same way. Indeed connecting via standard usb cables can fry the usb ports or even cause a fire. I can transfer by...
  8. Can't get Internet access from iPhone 6s with USB cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get Internet access from iPhone 6s with USB cable: This is a perpetual issue: After an update (not sure if it's on the Windows or iPhone side), I can no longer get an Internet connection through my iPhone 6s with a USB cable. I've lost track of how many times this problem has arisen. In the past, I've fixed it by: (1)...
  9. Laptop no longer booting from HDD or recovery USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop no longer booting from HDD or recovery USB: Hello everyone, My Acer Aspire V3 is refusing to boot to W10 after I forced shutdown when it froze whilst running some large video conversions. I have tried the following: Normal reboot results in the Preparing Automatic Repair on the Acer loading for a few seconds...
  10. can not copy file from usb flash to HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    can not copy file from usb flash to HDD: Hi. I am trying to copy files from usb to hdd, It stops in middle of operation and forced to end operation from task manager to return, files (video) are working with no problem from usb on PC. Please help. Thanks. 67559