Windows 10: Accessing files on external harddrive when I reinstalled windows

Discus and support Accessing files on external harddrive when I reinstalled windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So windows 10 crashed (system thread exception not handled) and I had to reinstall windows, entered product key and it installed fine. I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MKRQ, Aug 3, 2018.

1. MKRQ Win User

Accessing files on external harddrive when I reinstalled windows

So windows 10 crashed (system thread exception not handled) and I had to reinstall windows, entered product key and it installed fine. I went to recover my files using my external drive using the comodo backup software (CBU file partition) but it won't restore unsure why. There is an option to mount the external drive and I can view all the folders and files so I thought I could collect the documents and photos from my user. Yet, I cannot access the folder "You currently do not have permissions to access this folder". I press "continue" > pop up "You have been denied permission to access this folder" > "Security Tab" > "Advanced" and from here I cannot change the "owner", "Permissions", "Auditing" or anything that can help without Windows Security popping up displaying "Can't open access control editor. Unable to perform a security operation on an object that has no associated security." All I want are my university documents and my photos. I don't care about restoring the whole computer the steam games can be played again and programs can be reinstalled no problem. I just want my university work and photos on the this hard drive.

:)

MKRQ, Aug 3, 2018
  2. mo golf Win User

copying files to usb and external harddrive

I have windows 10 and I can't send files to my external harddrive and/or usb sticks

mo golf, Aug 3, 2018
  3. matjapp Win User
    Recover External HardDrive

I've installed Windows 10 by creating installation media on my 500gb external harddrive. After creating the installation media, my pc can only detected usb with 39gb. How can I recover my external harddrive and all it's files?

matjapp, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Accessing files on external harddrive when I reinstalled windows

external harddrive windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Sayan_Ghosh and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot your external drive.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Accessing files on external harddrive when I reinstalled windows

1. Accessing files on external harddrive when I reinstalled windows - Similar Threads - Accessing files external

2. Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive: Hi, I have an Iomega ego encrypt external hard disk and it no longer accepts my password, nor can I change it have no personal questions defined . The only way is via Secure Cryptographic Erase, however this will erase all my data. Is there a possibility to get my passwoord...
  3. Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive: Hi, I have an Iomega ego encrypt external hard disk and it no longer accepts my password, nor can I change it have no personal questions defined . The only way is via Secure Cryptographic Erase, however this will erase all my data. Is there a possibility to get my passwoord...
  4. Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Having some problems accessing files/folders on an external harddrive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having some problems accessing files/folders on an external harddrive.: I recently bought two external HDD's to start backing up my files to photos, clips, etc. When I got them I formatted them both on NTFS from the W10 pc. I got all my old drives and backing up everything to one of the new ones the other one is meant as a secondary...
  6. Transfer of files from external harddrive

Transfer of files from external harddrive: I have a Fantom 1TB external hard-drive connected to my PC which is running Win10 with everything updated to the latest specs. Equipment is in good working order and all cables have been checked. I have tried turning everything off and restarting. I have done everything...
  7. just reinstalled windows 10 1809 external harddrive files are not being detected

just reinstalled windows 10 1809 external harddrive files are not being detected: recently I reinstalled windows 10 1809 I have a Seagate 3 TB external hard drive which I unplugged before I reset my computer after the reinstallation I plugged it back in file explorer showed it like it should except a popup window says it cannot excess or locate any files....
  8. Mac external harddrives access.

Mac external harddrives access.: I am moving my video editing work from mac to windows. I have multiple external hard drives where all projects are stored and would like to be able to access them through my new window set up without having to reformat. is there away to do this. I am running window 10 pro....
  9. external harddrive

external harddrive: My computer recognizes the harddrive . States it is working properly but will not allow me to open it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive/0aba405c-3d6d-4a2d-afb4-771e92c416ed
  10. external harddrive

external harddrive: HI ALL I NEED DESPERATE HELP IM PANICKING I DID SOMETHING WITH MY EXTERNAL HDD I TOOK SHARING OFF BY MISTAKE AND ITS LIKE MY LIFE ON THE HDD IT SAYS H; NOT ACCESSIBLE AND ACCESS DENIED HOW DO I FX IT...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i reinstalled windows 10. one of my files on the portable drive wont open. i dont have permission. fix is needed