Windows 10: Accessing files on iCloud

Discus and support Accessing files on iCloud in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried to copy files from my laptop to iCloud so that I can work on them from my Notepad, which is registered with iCloud under the same name.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by D70scribe, Nov 26, 2018.

1. D70scribe Win User

Accessing files on iCloud

I have tried to copy files from my laptop to iCloud so that I can work on them from my Notepad, which is registered with iCloud under the same name. However the files do not show - they are only accessible from the laptop. They are not marked hidden, or read only. How do I access them?

:)

D70scribe, Nov 26, 2018

2. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! Accessing files on iCloud :)

justinmreina, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Crush157 Win User
    Hijack iCloud integration to access to CalDav server.

I have just got a Windows Phone (Lumia 630, WP8.1).

I need to access a 3rd party CalDav server, but it seems that there is no generic CalDav support.

However, a bit of searching suggests that setting up iCloud integration and then changing the address of the CalDav server to point to the one that you want should work.

So I...

• Set up iCloud integration.
    • Checked that calendar integration worked both ways.
    • Changed the CalDav server address to point to 3rd party CalDav server.

This half works:

• I can create an event on the phone, and it get's written successfully to the calendar on the server.
    • But I can't see any events (including the one I just created) from the phone.
    Has anyone got this approach to work successfully, or have any suggestions as to what to do to get it all working?

Crush157, Nov 26, 2018
  4. AndreePin Win User

iCloud For Windows To Show Up on This Computer (Windows Explorer)

Hi Chris,

iCloud will not automatically be added to your Quick Access panel in File Explorer. But, you can definitely have it shown on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• By default, your iCloud Drive folder will be in your main User folder. For example, in C:/Users/User1/iCloud Drive.
    • Navigate to the director's location in File Explorer.
    • Find the folder "iCloud Drive" and right click on it.
    • Select "Pin to Quick Access" to have a shortcut permanently in the left-hand pane in File Explorer as seen in the image above.
    Keep us updated if anything comes up so we can further assist you.

AndreePin, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Accessing files on iCloud - Similar Threads - Accessing files iCloud

2. Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox: Hi all,I´m using Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise - 10.0.19045 Build 19045 on a Latitude 5420 Laptop. I have installed 3 services for syncing files: OneDrive, iCloud an Dropbox.For some weeks now, accessing files in those synced folders via Explorer or Total Commander takes...
  3. Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox: Hi all,I´m using Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise - 10.0.19045 Build 19045 on a Latitude 5420 Laptop. I have installed 3 services for syncing files: OneDrive, iCloud an Dropbox.For some weeks now, accessing files in those synced folders via Explorer or Total Commander takes...
  4. Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't access iCloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access iCloud for Windows: I can't access anymore iCloud for Windows, every time I try it takes forever and then it gives me the error "iCloud for Windows has not fully initialized. Please wait a moment and log in again."I've already tried to reinstall but nothing works...
  6. I can't access iCloud for Windows

I can't access iCloud for Windows: I can't access anymore iCloud for Windows, every time I try it takes forever and then it gives me the error "iCloud for Windows has not fully initialized. Please wait a moment and log in again."I've already tried to reinstall but nothing works...
  7. How to access a friend's iCloud photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access a friend's iCloud photos?: A friend wants to share some photos she has in/on iCloud so I can make a photo collage for her. She texted me the photos, so I have them on my iPhone, but I can't figure out how to get them on my Window computer, whioch is where I have my photo/graphics software.ThanksPS: I...
  8. How to access a friend's iCloud photos?

How to access a friend's iCloud photos?: A friend wants to share some photos she has in/on iCloud so I can make a photo collage for her. She texted me the photos, so I have them on my iPhone, but I can't figure out how to get them on my Window computer, whioch is where I have my photo/graphics software.ThanksPS: I...
  9. .iCloud files in my OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .iCloud files in my OneDrive: My research team is using OneDrive to share project related files with one another. I have a Mac and noticed that some of the files in the OneDrive had .iCloud extensions to them. My theory was that files on the OneDrive that were downloaded onto my computer were being...
  10. Onedrive to ICLOUD files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive to ICLOUD files: Some of my Word documents in Onedrive have turned into ICLOUD files and I can't open them. What is going on, how can I stop it happening to more files and how do I access the files which have changed?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accessing icloud drive files on windows 10

2. cant access files in icloud

3. accessing data on apple icloud from windows