Windows 10: Accessing files on my network

Discus and support Accessing files on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to share files between my laptop (connected via wifi) and my PC (connected via lan) using OneDrive. Each time I try to get to the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdwardAitchison, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Accessing files on my network

I am trying to share files between my laptop (connected via wifi) and my PC (connected via lan) using OneDrive. Each time I try to get to the other computer I get a message that says "Windows cannot access\\……….\OneDrive.

You do not have permission to access\\……..\ Contact your network administrator to request Access.

I am the bloody administrator!!!! Help!

:)

EdwardAitchison, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Oct 3, 2019
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 3, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

Accessing files on my network

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Accessing files on my network

1. Accessing files on my network - Similar Threads - Accessing files network

2. Accessing to company network file using network credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing to company network file using network credentials: Hi there,I was trying to connect to my company server's files and I tried to login with my account details but it showed this message: 'A specified logon session does not exist. I may already have been terminated.'I tried to edit my details on credential managers. It was...
  3. Accessing to company network file using network credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing to company network file using network credentials: Hi there,I was trying to connect to my company server's files and I tried to login with my account details but it showed this message: 'A specified logon session does not exist. I may already have been terminated.'I tried to edit my details on credential managers. It was...
  4. Accessing files on a network storage device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing files on a network storage device: I can´t access files from my network storage from one of my surface book win 10 pro though I can from my older surface win 10 by right click on the device and choosing set public connection. How can I do the same with Win Pro?Thx for any help...
  5. Can't Access File Sharing or Network

Can't Access File Sharing or Network: Hello,I'm having a difficult time right now getting my file sharing and Network to run.Im trying to use Roon Audio via a ROCK NUC10i3. I'm at this stephttps://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roon-os-missing-codecsBut I have nothing showing up in my network drive.I've...
  6. File Explorer Network Access

File Explorer Network Access: Windows 10 1903 and 1909, Still unable to see Ethernet connected devices in File Explorer, networks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-network-access/686cace2-2164-4253-88b7-96ac70f729d2
  7. Can't access my files on Workgroup network computer

Can't access my files on Workgroup network computer: I just finished with your latest update and now when I click on the link to my external drive I get a pop-up that asks for my credentials?? WHAT CREDENTIALS?? I never set up a password to access my remote files. When I leave that field (password in the credentials dialog box)...
  8. how to access a file on another computer on my network

how to access a file on another computer on my network: how to access a file on another computer on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-a-file-on-another-computer-on-my/e78a8b3e-f5d5-478a-a12f-1fe718d68b4a
  9. network file access

network file access: This all used to work fine. I have 2 computers both under my MS login (desktop and laptop). When I try and copy I get permissions error. I can no longer see the machine under network, i have to enter the \\name\folder. Permissions allow ALL to read/write. Director is...
  10. Network Sharing File Access Problem

Network Sharing File Access Problem: I've been reviewing the simple folder sharing setup on my three Windows 10 PCs. I'm trying to share folders between three computers on the same network by right clicking the folder and giving access to Everyone without using a Home Group. All computers have Windows 10 Pro (PC...