Windows 10: Accessing files over Network NAS drive

Discus and support Accessing files over Network NAS drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop on Feb 1. It had Windows 10 installed when I got it. I set everything up and installed my personal stuff and set the wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ElsaFrohman, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Accessing files over Network NAS drive

I bought a new laptop on Feb 1. It had Windows 10 installed when I got it.

I set everything up and installed my personal stuff and set the wifi adapter to "private" in the network and sharing options.

Everything was fine. I had direct access to my WD MyCloud NAS storage drive.

On Feb. 2, as I shut down for the night, there was an update. And the next morning, I had no access to my NAS drive.

The drive appears in the file explorer, under network, and several locations on the drive have shortcuts in the Quick Access menu, but nothing on the drive can be accessed, except through the web interface. There is no longer any direct access.

I have tried a large number of fixes I found through Google, including adding a credential and editing through services.msc (making a list of things "automatic" loading rather than "manual."

Nothing has worked.

How do I get my NAS drive back?

***Modify title from: Network NAS drive***

:)

ElsaFrohman, Feb 5, 2019

2. Problem accessing a NAS drive

I have 2 NAS drives and 3 computers in my home network. The NAS drives and one PC are Ethernet-connected to a router/wireless access point; the other 2 PCs use wireless connections. All 3 PCs can access one NAS drive with no problem. The drives show up in the Network section of File Explorer, and if I click on the NAS's icon all it's shares are displayed (whether or not the PC has credentials to access the shares). The shares on the other NAS drive can be seen by only 2 of the PCs.

On the failing PC the inaccessible NAS drive shows in File Explorer, but if I click on it I get

Accessing files over Network NAS drive [​IMG]

However, on that same PC, Firefox can access the FTP server on the NAS drive

Accessing files over Network NAS drive [​IMG]

so Windows obviously has no trouble communicating with the NAS. And Windows must be configured to allow communication with a NAS in general or it could not successfully connect to the other NAS. (Those two screen snips were stored on that working NAS.)

The problematic PC doesn't really have to reach the NAS, but I would like it to, and I'm frustrated that I can't figure this out. Anyone have any suggestions?

BTW, the error popup says I should ask the administrator of the server about this. I would, but I'm not speaking with myself at the moment.

pokeefe0001, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - NAS Drive

I have recently purchased a 4 bay NAS drive. Whilst I can access the drive with the bundled software I can't see the drive as a network attached device in the Windows 10 file explorer. I have previously had a WD Mybook Live and an LG NAS running fine in
    Windows 7 & 8. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

ninetofortytwo, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Accessing files over Network NAS drive

NAS drive not showing in the Network after Windows 10 auto update this week

Hello Charles,

Let's get your NAS device detected on your home network.

Kindly follow the suggested steps below:

Step 1: Disable anti-virus software and Windows Firewall.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Follow the below steps to turn off Windows Firewall:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Windows Firewall.
    • Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each network location that you want to stop trying to protect, and then click
      OK.
    If the issue still persists,

Step 2: We suggest you to reconfigure the NAS drive.

Refer to the below thread replied by Smithhead 9 replied on
    May 7, 2015

Accessing NAS not working in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Accessing files over Network NAS drive

1. Accessing files over Network NAS drive - Similar Threads - Accessing files Network

2. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network 2 and NAS drives: I have recently had to install a new router. Windows 10 now indicates that my network is Network 2 and denies me access to my WD NAS drives and their attached USB hard drives. I should be grateful for any advice....
  3. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network 2 and NAS drives: I have recently had to install a new router. Windows 10 now indicates that my network is Network 2 and denies me access to my WD NAS drives and their attached USB hard drives. I should be grateful for any advice....
  4. Access Synology NAS on network

Access Synology NAS on network: When attempting to access the folders and files on my Synology DS418play I'm confronted with "You do no have permission to access\\DS418Play Contact your administror to obtain permission."I've seen reference on the web to this predicament many times in an attempt to solve...
  5. Access error to Drive over network

Access error to Drive over network: Hello, I have a small home network and after updating one Pc to the latest iteration of Windows10 it now has a problem accessing drives on my PC used as a Store and Print server. This pc has multiple external and internal drives and all that have been shared in the past...
  6. Cannot access files over network

Cannot access files over network: Our small network has computers running windows 7 pro and one laptop running windows 10 home. Until recently there wasn't an issue, now the laptop cant see the files on the other machines. Everything is visible until I try to access the files themselves. Meaning drives,...
  7. Network NAS drive

Network NAS drive: I bought a new laptop on Feb 1. It had Windows 10 installed when I got it. I set everything up and installed my personal stuff and set the wifi adapter to "private" in the network and sharing options. Everything was fine. I had direct access to my WD MyCloud NAS storage...
  8. NAS drives and network

NAS drives and network: Hi All I have a WD EXultra2. I have a laptop (5yr old samsung) running Win10 I have a fairly new PC running Win10 My laptop can see my NAS drive no problem and can access everything on it. My PC has recently decided to not see my NAS drive - no reason that I can...
  9. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...
  10. Failure accessing NAS drive

Failure accessing NAS drive: Hello! I wasn't really sure what section to put this in since it could be security and/or network. The problem is I can see my NAS in file explorer and I can ping it fine and I can even access it via FTP but if I try to access it I get the following dialog box. [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. on nas drive i am getting general faiure when i ping the ip fo nas drive