Windows 10: Accessing localhost server via my ipv4 address

Discus and support Accessing localhost server via my ipv4 address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm not able to access my localhost server xampp htdocs via my ip address, what setting should be made to do so?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jaydeep_Sonawane, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Accessing localhost server via my ipv4 address

I'm not able to access my localhost server xampp htdocs via my ip address, what setting should be made to do so?

:)

Jaydeep_Sonawane, Jun 11, 2021

2. Access localhost from another computer

Localhost, as the name suggests, points at the localhost. Use the hostname or IP from your computer on their PC's. ie something in the 192.168.x.x or 10.0.0.x range most likely.

DanTheBanjoman, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Caledon Ken, Jun 11, 2021
  4. jon111 Win User

Accessing localhost server via my ipv4 address

Force Windows to use IPV4 DNS Server Address

My local bind9 DNS Server address comes from a local ISC DHCP server as an IPV4 address.

ipconfig /all show both IPV6 and IPV4 addresses for the DNS server in that order.

nslookup always shows only the IPV6 address for the "Default Server".

The system IPV6 prefix policy is set to prefer IPV4 over IPV6.

I want the system to only use the IPV4 address for the DNS Server.

So far, I have not been able to find a way to configure windows to stop using the IPV6 address

for the local DNS server.

Any specific help would be greatly appreciated.

jon111, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Accessing localhost server via my ipv4 address

1. Accessing localhost server via my ipv4 address - Similar Threads - Accessing localhost server

2. Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP: I have a Windows Server 2019 Domain. I'm not able to acces the Server from Windows 10 Domain Clients by its Name but can do so with IP. When I ping Server name from problem computers I get the correct Server IP. I have tried ipconfig /flushdns with no success.When I try to...
  3. Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP: I have a Windows Server 2019 Domain. I'm not able to acces the Server from Windows 10 Domain Clients by its Name but can do so with IP. When I ping Server name from problem computers I get the correct Server IP. I have tried ipconfig /flushdns with no success.When I try to...
  4. Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. IPV6 access via WIFI but no IPV4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IPV6 access via WIFI but no IPV4: Hello, I am having trouble with my desktop PC accessing IPV4 websites. It can access IPV6 sites and I can't work out what the problem is. One day it worked. Next it didn't. I have searched the forum and found similar issues but nothing seems to work! I have tried: -...
  6. A localhost server for Stockfish on windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A localhost server for Stockfish on windows?: Hi. I want to know if somebody have some info about that: i mean run Stockfish as a server on Windows. Thanks. submitted by /u/9acca9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6im5q/a_localhost_server_for_stockfish_on_windows/
  7. Disable Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address?

Disable Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address?: All the IP addresses on my home network are static, so why does IPCONFIG /ALL show the following additional IP address on the same Ethernet adapter: Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address (169.254.221.46(Preferred)?...
  8. Autoconfiguration ipv4 address

Autoconfiguration ipv4 address: I static an windows 10 pro pc IP address at my job and when I check command prompt, I still get Autoconfiguration ipv4 address 169.254.254.154 (preferred) showing instead of the IP address I assigned manually. is there a way to stop the Autoconfiguration ipv4 address?...
  9. TCP/IPv4 Obtain server address automatically resets

TCP/IPv4 Obtain server address automatically resets: Windows 10 Pro, version 1803, 2018-07 OS Build 17134.167 (KB4345421) on multiple machines with 8 Mgb + memory. Uverse Pace to Linksys EA 4500 to Server 2016 Essentials Network with a domain. DHCP on Router 192.168.100.254 DNS Server 192.168.100.10 Five desktops and I have...
  10. Change IPv4 and IPv6 DNS Server Address in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change IPv4 and IPv6 DNS Server Address in Windows: How to: Change IPv4 and IPv6 DNS Server Address in Windows How to Change IPv4 and IPv6 DNS Server Address in Windows A DNS (Domain Name System) server is the service that makes it possible for you to open a web browser, type a domain name and load your favorite...