Windows 10: Accessing my Administartor account

Discus and support Accessing my Administartor account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The previous owner of my laptop had a password protected Administrator account I have no way of contacting them of which, while trying to change that,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KudzaiMukoyi, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Accessing my Administartor account

The previous owner of my laptop had a password protected Administrator account I have no way of contacting them of which, while trying to change that, I accidentally gave it all authority and now I cant even install any new apps, make major changes to the computer or even try to go to the control panel to change the user account settings. I tried to change it through command prompt but I always end up withsystem error 5 and access denied. Please I am in need of help, I don't know the password to this account and I can't hack it. My laptop is windows 10, HP NOTEBOOK 10 pro. Is there a way I can fix this problem without needing to reset my pc

:)

KudzaiMukoyi, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Need to restore the Administartor account to Win 10

Hi Tom,

To isolate this issue, we suggest you check your account from Control Panel and kindly send us a screenshot of the result. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Choose User Accounts.

Accessing my Administartor account 45eceecf-9ce5-4c4b-a6b7-20cb372b6426.png

If you are not running as the administrator of the computer, you can set the account as the administrator by following these steps:

• On the User Accounts Page, click Change your account type.
    • Under Select your new account type, choose Administrator and hit
      Change Account type.

Accessing my Administartor account 457c8f20-f1ca-4b08-af5d-87fe88be9cf7.png

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jan 7, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Accessing my Administartor account

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Accessing my Administartor account

1. Accessing my Administartor account - Similar Threads - Accessing Administartor account

2. Your it administartor has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your it administartor has limited access: I reinstalled my windows 11 2 times, but everything is useless, and I tried the method with the command line, but half of it said access was denied....
  3. Your it administartor has limited access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your it administartor has limited access: I reinstalled my windows 11 2 times, but everything is useless, and I tried the method with the command line, but half of it said access was denied....
  4. I unkownly deleted my administrator account now i cant create a new administartor account :...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I unkownly deleted my administrator account now i cant create a new administartor account :...: I unknownigly deleted my admin account now in a local account, I need a way to create a new user or make myself admin again. Help! me in this situation as quick as possiblei dont have a image to show yet i have this same problem but no admin...
  5. I unkownly deleted my administrator account now i cant create a new administartor account :...

I unkownly deleted my administrator account now i cant create a new administartor account :...: I unknownigly deleted my admin account now in a local account, I need a way to create a new user or make myself admin again. Help! me in this situation as quick as possiblei dont have a image to show yet i have this same problem but no admin...
  6. I unkownly deleted my administrator account now i cant create a new administartor account :...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Administartor Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administartor Rights: Just got removed from administrator by mistake now not able to install anything plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administartor-rights/519108c9-9e62-4c6b-bb12-f4110ea79f93
  8. Administartor Rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administartor Rights: Just got removed from administrator by mistake now not able to install anything plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administartor-rights/519108c9-9e62-4c6b-bb12-f4110ea79f93
  9. Administartor Rights

10. My mic isn't working on my second account but on my main works fine (Both are administartors)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mic isn't working on my second account but on my main works fine (Both are administartors): I have 2 Accounts on PC and updated drivers. My mic is showing fine but cant hear anythink. I tried reinstalling drivers but not work stil one user won't work and other just FINE help....