Windows 10: Accessing my Dad’s Laptop

Discus and support Accessing my Dad’s Laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone, not sure if this is the right place but I need help accessing my dad’s Acer laptop running Windows 10. He recently passed away and I’m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shocore, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Accessing my Dad’s Laptop

Hey everyone, not sure if this is the right place but I need help accessing my dad’s Acer laptop running Windows 10. He recently passed away and I’m hoping there’s a way I can get past the password screen without knowing the password?

Thank you

submitted by /u/shocore
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shocore, Nov 28, 2019

2. Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! Accessing my Dad’s Laptop :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Nov 28, 2019
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Nov 28, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

Accessing my Dad’s Laptop

n-ster, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Accessing my Dad’s Laptop

1. Accessing my Dad’s Laptop - Similar Threads - Accessing Dad’s Laptop

2. my dad died and can't access his computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    my dad died and can't access his computer: my father died and left me his computer. unfortunately he didn't write down the password as i couldn't contact him as I live in another state. my father gave them said password. but no one wrote it down. I can provide email, death certification, and any information that is...
  3. my dad died and can't access his computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my dad died and can't access his computer: my father died and left me his computer. unfortunately he didn't write down the password as i couldn't contact him as I live in another state. my father gave them said password. but no one wrote it down. I can provide email, death certification, and any information that is...
  4. my dad died and can't access his computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Was my dad scammed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Was my dad scammed?: my dad turned his computer on and a popup saying the computer was locked/frozen kept popping up. It had only 1 number to call to have it fixed. it was a non microsoft number/message. The alleged company was called NovaTech. My dad called the number and it was a guy with an...
  6. Was my dad scammed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Was my dad scammed?: my dad turned his computer on and a popup saying the computer was locked/frozen kept popping up. It had only 1 number to call to have it fixed. it was a non microsoft number/message. The alleged company was called NovaTech. My dad called the number and it was a guy with an...
  7. Dad's laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dad's laptop: Hello: My Dad just came back to his residence after 3 weeks in the hospital, he's in a facility in Fort Myers, Florida, all of his family lives up North I'm in Mass. We had been using Skype with him to communicate because he is virtually deaf and it was working...
  8. How to use TightVNC for remote computer access for my Dad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to use TightVNC for remote computer access for my Dad: Hi, hope someone can advise? My Dad is terrible with computers, and trying to talk him through logging into skype just about drove me mad. I would like to setup a TightVNC connection so I can access his PC remotely and help him get things sorted. I have tested this at home...
  9. Inherited my dad's computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Inherited my dad's computer: Hi, I inherited my dad's desktop. I do not know his Microsoft account password. I need to reinstall Windows 10. Is this possible without his password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inherited-my-dads-computer/f66a9f3c-19ec-444b-a985-2d391144d4be
  10. My dad’s weekly report on mine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My dad’s weekly report on mine: i play on the xbox and i saw my dad’s screen time report on mine and we both have different accounts. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/my-dads-weekly-report-on-mine/379f0960-c7b0-493c-b0bd-d0e23e05b0fa"