Windows 10: Accessing my desktop from my laptop

Discus and support Accessing my desktop from my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have been trying to Accessing my desktop from my laptop both running windows 10. Is the homegroup still working on W10?. If so I have failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dafydd, Jul 8, 2016.

1. dafydd Win User

Accessing my desktop from my laptop

Hi.
    I have been trying to Accessing my desktop from my laptop both running windows 10.
    Is the homegroup still working on W10?. If so I have failed done all sorts of things followed links from Microsoft and other forums. It all was okay on windows 8.1 and windows 7 but what is it with W10.Is it possible to be done.*Confused
    Help Please if it's possible Many thanks...

:)

dafydd, Jul 8, 2016
  2. Wally-K Win User

Cannot access shared laptop after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, "laptop is not accessible you might not have permission"

Original title: system access

I cannot access my laptop which I upgraded from win 7 to 10 from my desktop which is running Vista. On my laptop I have network discovery on. I can access my desktop from the laptop. What do I need to do to be able to access the laptop from my desktop? I
    get the message "laptop is not accessible you might not have permission".

Wally-K, Jul 8, 2016
  3. Trouble sharing on homegroup after upgrade to 10

I upgraded my desktop computer to 10, but my laptop is still on 8.1.

I'm now unable to access all of my folders on the desktop computer
    from my laptop.

I can access all of my laptop folders from my desktop computer.

I can gain access to my desktop C drive from my laptop, but can't get access to any sub folders.

I have checked the sharing settings for the folders, but all are being shared.

I used the HomeGroup troubleshooter on both computers, but It said no errors found.

I'm out of ideas.

Edward J Dentel, Jul 8, 2016
  4. dafydd Win User

Thanks for your reply.
    That wasn't what I had in mind. What I had was the homegroup setup just to access documents folder on the desktop and vise versa.
    Many thanks.

dafydd, Jul 8, 2016
  5. PiKo Win User
    W10
    Local Time: 21:40

Accessing my desktop from my laptop [​IMG]

You operate your PC as an administrator? In that case it may help to define a user "laptop" and a password, and to set the sharing and security settings for this user.

PiKo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Accessing my desktop from my laptop - Similar Threads - Accessing desktop laptop

2. Can't access anything from my desktop anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access anything from my desktop anymore: I tried to change settings in my one drive, and now it's completely removed everything from my desktop that was there. When I access the "One Drive Shortcut," it won't let me re-paste things into their location stating that One Drive needs additional storage. I DON'T WANT...
  3. Can't access anything from my desktop anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access anything from my desktop anymore: I tried to change settings in my one drive, and now it's completely removed everything from my desktop that was there. When I access the "One Drive Shortcut," it won't let me re-paste things into their location stating that One Drive needs additional storage. I DON'T WANT...
  4. Unable to access files on desktop from laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access files on desktop from laptop: I'm going crazy. I am unable to access the shared folder on my desktop from my laptop... I've been trying... Can I please have some help? Desktop PC: Running Windows 10 Pro on ethernet cableLaptop: Running Windows 10 Home on WiFiLogged in with same MS account on both PC. When...
  5. Unable to access files on Desktop from laptop

Unable to access files on Desktop from laptop: Both my laptop and my desktop operate on Windows 10 and I have followed previously successful steps for sharing files between the two computers. Why can I not access my desktop's files from my laptop suddenly, today? Did anybody else have the same problem? Could you please...
  6. I can access my laptop's files from my desktop computer but not vice versa.

I can access my laptop's files from my desktop computer but not vice versa.: Both my laptop and my desktop operate on Windows 10 and I have followed previously successful steps for sharing files between the two computers. Why can I not access my desktop's files from my laptop suddenly, today? Did anybody else have the same problem? Could you please...
  7. how do i access my desktop from my laptop with windows 10

how do i access my desktop from my laptop with windows 10: I have windows 10 on my laptop and my desktop. how do access from desktop or vice versa? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-my-desktop-from-my-laptop-with/e2ed1f8b-9dee-4ae8-9f9b-305eba03fe3a
  8. Can't access the shared files from my desktop?

Can't access the shared files from my desktop?: Why does my laptop say that I don't have permission to access the shared files from my desktop? It worked last week. It has worked for two decades but every once in a while it decides arbitrarily to pretend that the settings are wrong. But, since no settings are actually...
  9. Accessing hard drive in laptop from desktop.

Accessing hard drive in laptop from desktop.: I am getting the error windows cannot access \\CHRS_LAPTOP\laptop harddrive What is going on, I set the sharing preferences so no password is needed to access the hard drive and everyone can access it. This worked in windows 7 and 8.1, what changed in windows 10? 59693
  10. unable to access promptfile.com from my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to access promptfile.com from my laptop: I am unable to access promptfile.com from my laptop though I am able to access it from my mobile browser. This is a problem coming only for the last one month. I am using windows 10. I am just getting the message that the webpage is not available. Can somebody help me? 36499