Windows 10: Accessing my email inbox directly via favourites tab in Edge.

Discus and support Accessing my email inbox directly via favourites tab in Edge. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In Chrome I have a shortcut to my email inbox on a tab in my favourites bar and it takes me directly to my logged in inbox every time. I've got exactly... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Stevex998, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Stevex998 Win User

Accessing my email inbox directly via favourites tab in Edge.

In Chrome I have a shortcut to my email inbox on a tab in my favourites bar and it takes me directly to my logged in inbox every time.
    I've got exactly the same set up in Edge, having made a shortcut whilst logged in to my inbox. However, most of the time when I use this favourite tab, the Microsoft Outlook info page comes up; If I then click on the sign in box in the top right corner, it takes me to my logged in inbox. This happens every time I boot up my laptop, sometimes if I access my email in Edge for a second time in the same session it'll go directly to my logged in inbox.
    How do I get Edge to act the same as Chrome and give me direct access to my inbox from my favourites tab.
    If I hold the cursor over this tab, it comes up as https://outlook(dot)live(dot)com/mail/0/inbox

:)

Stevex998, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Mel Jones Win User

Why isn’t there any favourites? In Microsoft Edge…?

Colleagues and friends have been asking me where are my favourites form Internet Explorer 11 in Microsoft Edge. What a lot of people don't realise (i.e. the novice n00b is just being rude) Microsoft Edge is a completely new browser, it's not Internet Explorer 12 as some people are getting confused with. It is a completely new browser. More stable much better than Internet Explorer 11. So to answer any questions to any novice Windows 10 users, Microsoft Edge Favourites I have listed below a few simple steps. (important! You have to have favourites present in IE11) If your favourites are in IE11 then just import them from your previous browser to Microsoft Edge. Respectively you can do the same for Google Chrome as well. Although at the moment Firefox does not appear in the list...

Accessing my email inbox directly via favourites tab in Edge. [​IMG]

1. Open Microsoft Edge then click on
    2. To the right you will see Import favourites
    3. By default Internet Explorer is ticked to be imported
    4. Import your favourites and then click on the Favourites Tab again and you will see your favourites from Internet Explorer

If your Favourites do not appear just close and reopen Microsoft Edge and then click on

Now all your Favourites from IE or Chrome have been imported into Microsoft Edge...

Moreover, and most importantly is where is the path for the "Favourites Hub" Microsoft have done their best to hide the location of the favourites for Microsoft Edge. But because I'm working with computers for 7.5 hrs a day I thought the logical place to be would be in hidden away within AppData. If you want to edit your Favourites then the best way is to go directly to the file path location.

WB + R to open Run Command and type in AppData or just copy and paste the link that I have provided below for you.

AppData
    Local
    Packages
    Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    AC
    Microsoft Edge
    User
    Favourites

Drect Link: C:\Users\Mel\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Defa ult\Favorites

Mel Jones, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Organise Favourites in Edge - how?

Drag the link over top of the word 'Favorites', make sure your mouse is touching the word.

Edwin, Jan 2, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Firefox -- is there an easy way to access Favourites

Hi there

On the Tor Browser ( a variant of firefox it's really easy to access BOOKMARKS (favourites)

On Firefox it's another step to get the bookmarks or is there something in configuration that I can use -- the bookmarks icon doesn't appear in the standard Firefox release (Windows).

Cheers

jimbo

_

jimbo45, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Accessing my email inbox directly via favourites tab in Edge. - Similar Threads - Accessing email inbox

2. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** going directly to gmail trash not inbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** going directly to gmail trash not inbox: i went through my filters numerous times can't find anything close to a match..changed to tracking to yahoo mail..no problem..any ideas?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-directly-to-gmail-trash-not-inbox/c3581646-dcf6-4ea2-8df9-82b4740af308
  3. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** going directly to gmail trash not inbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** going directly to gmail trash not inbox: i went through my filters numerous times can't find anything close to a match..changed to tracking to yahoo mail..no problem..any ideas?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-directly-to-gmail-trash-not-inbox/c3581646-dcf6-4ea2-8df9-82b4740af308
  4. Email Inbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Inbox: My Outlook emails are loading in Add Folder and have been doing so since May, 2021. No filtering, updates or any other attempts have allowed my daily messages to go directly to the Inbox as new messages. I received a message from what claims to be the Microsoft Team 2021;...
  5. EMAIL, INBOX

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EMAIL, INBOX: After opening my inbox and reading the messages, moments later the messages will just disappear. did not delete them. I have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-inbox/c5d2d480-0216-4783-8357-7767321559f6
  6. Lost Favourites in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Favourites in Edge: Hello, I've just lost all my Favourites in Edge for seemingly no reason at all. The only thing I did was renew a subscription to CCleaner, without doing any kind of cleaning. Just paid the money. I've been through a number of processes suggested on the net with no effect...
  7. Favourites bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favourites bar in Edge: I would like my favourites bar in Edge to contain all the same favourites I have in Internet Exploer but after using settings/import favourites they dont appear. Is there a fold I can copy and paste them into or is there anotherway? 121748
  8. Syncing Edge Favourites

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge Favourites: I have used Firefox for years and it's hard to find much fault with it. But since converting to W10 I've mainly been using Edge as I wanted to understand it better. I've only run into one site where it just won't work but otherwise it's been fast and stable and I quite liked...
  9. Backup my Favourites in W10 Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Backup my Favourites in W10 Edge: Hello, I want to backup my Favourites in W10 Edge, but I cannot find the path to there location to add to my SyncBack programme. I wonder if anyone has found them? 18302
  10. Edge Favourites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favourites Bar: Has anyone managed to drag and drop the Favourites into the Favourites Bar? It will only work if you import Favourites from IE it seems. *Sad 15573