Windows 10: Accessing Network In WINPE

Discus and support Accessing Network In WINPE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to access a captured .wim image to a desktop using DISM when booted in WINPE. The captured .wim file is in the laptop (whose usb ports do NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by q6987890, Apr 18, 2020.

1. q6987890 Win User

Accessing Network In WINPE

I want to access a captured .wim image to a desktop using DISM when booted in WINPE. The captured .wim file is in the laptop (whose usb ports do NOT work, or else I wouldve used USB DRIVES). How do I access this image? I read somewhere that it involves the use of 'net use' commands. I don't know how to use it. I am new to this. Thankyou very much.

:)

q6987890, Apr 18, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Apr 18, 2020
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Apr 18, 2020
  4. q6987890 Win User

I want to access a captured .wim image to a desktop using DISM when booted in WINPE. The captured .wim file is in the laptop (whose usb ports do NOT work, or else I wouldve used USB DRIVES). How do I access this image? I read somewhere that it involves the use of 'net use' commands. I don't know how to use it. I am new to this. Thankyou very much.

q6987890, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Accessing Network In WINPE - Similar Threads - Accessing Network WINPE

2. WinPE convert operation....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinPE convert operation....: I've made an .iso file with Windows ADK, but as a Windows user, use a WinPE with just only basic and features-limited tools make me boring and feel complecated. So, if it does, I hope anyone watching this post can recommend for me an app can modify features in text-detail,...
  3. WinPE convert operation....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinPE convert operation....: I've made an .iso file with Windows ADK, but as a Windows user, use a WinPE with just only basic and features-limited tools make me boring and feel complecated. So, if it does, I hope anyone watching this post can recommend for me an app can modify features in text-detail,...
  4. winpe apply-image with access denied with error 5

in Windows 10 Support
    winpe apply-image with access denied with error 5: I have a WinPE bootable USB drive. Using the bootable drive, I can start the system using WinPE, and I made an install.wim file for the Windows partition. Now, I try to apply this install.wim to the system. I follow the tutorial...
  5. Network access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network access: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and have a new desktop also running Windows 10. I wish to share files between them as I did with my previous desktop but despite the new desktop appearing on my wireless network my access is blocked because either the username or password is...
  6. Network Access.

Network Access.: Hi Folks, my image is used to play movies music & pictures in almost anf format, stored on 2 USD HDDs which I can play on my TV via HDMI cable. [img] It is wireless and has no trouble connecting. The trouble is, when I open File Explorer, click 'Network' some times it...
  7. WinPE phase of winsim

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WinPE phase of winsim: What can be done during the WinPE phase of the unattended windows 10? Can I create links to other drives to other directories on the drives? (Mklink). Can I create directories, subdirectories? Mkdir? If I use asynchronous or synchronous command? Could you show me how to do...
  8. GUI WinPE

GUI WinPE: Does anyone have a GUI of Windows 10 as a WINPE bootup so I can reimage computers from the WINPE GUI? 126913
  9. network access

network access: I am using windows 10 and can't access files on a windows 7 computer on my home network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-access/e04042f0-bbdb-4091-a52e-2fc007678fcd
  10. MDT: Not booting into WinPED

MDT: Not booting into WinPED: Hi, I wanted to capture a WIM file on a physical computer using MDT capture task sequence . I booted the computer from PXE, MDT starts and I can select the MDT task. Task starts and applies WinPE and then the computer reboots, but not in WinPE. The computer starts normally...