Windows 10: Accessing old files after Windows 10 Installation

Discus and support Accessing old files after Windows 10 Installation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, I had to perform a new installation of Windows 10 after my computer wouldn't boot up. The installation worked, but it seems like all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SunQuan1, Aug 5, 2019.

1. SunQuan1 Win User

Accessing old files after Windows 10 Installation

Recently, I had to perform a new installation of Windows 10 after my computer wouldn't boot up. The installation worked, but it seems like all the files I had from before can no longer be accessed. Both my C: and D: drives show that they only have a fraction of their maximum capacity free, which gives me the impression that the stuff I had stored on there previously is still there. However I don't know how to access it, because everywhere I look after the new Windows 10 installation shows that everything is empty. Is it possible to recover the data I had from before the installation, if it is at all possible?

:)

SunQuan1, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Accessing old files after Windows 10 Installation

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Accessing old files after Windows 10 Installation

1. Accessing old files after Windows 10 Installation - Similar Threads - Accessing old files

2. How to access old WSS Linux Install files on a new install of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access old WSS Linux Install files on a new install of Windows: Background: So, last week after flashing my BIOS my Windows install stopped booting and none of my attempts to make the install recoverable worked resulting in me pulling out a fresh install of Windows on a new SSD. Question: So, I still have my old SSDs with all my previous...
  3. access files from an old windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    access files from an old windows 10 PC: Hello, My windows 10 got corrupted and it kept blue screening. I built a new computer installed windows 10, but I have never been able to open those files from the old hard drive. The files have a little lock on the top right corner and says access denied. I don't remember...
  4. access files from an old windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    access files from an old windows 10 PC: Hello, My windows 10 got corrupted and it kept blue screening. I built a new computer installed windows 10, but I have never been able to open those files from the old hard drive. The files have a little lock on the top right corner and says access denied. I don't remember...
  5. access files from an old windows 10 PC

6. old files not opening after windows installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    old files not opening after windows installation: i got this problems that i installed window 10 on my pc . i already had window 10 but just wanted to pc fresh. after installing the window all my pics and videos i mean all my files that i had on my pc are not opening. i got lot of pics on my pic and now after installing...
  7. old files not opening after windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old files not opening after windows installation: i got this problems that i installed window 10 on my pc . i already had window 10 but just wanted to pc fresh. after installing the window all my pics and videos i mean all my files that i had on my pc are not opening. i got lot of pics on my pic and now after installing...
  8. old files not opening after windows installation

9. Accessing old Window files after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accessing old Window files after upgrade: Hi, I finally successfully upgraded from Win 7 Pro 64-bit to Win 10 (with the excellent help from people on this forum!). But there were some things that I wanted to backup and didn't. But I discovered that my old Windows files are still on my computer. Is it safe to access...
  10. Old Windows files after installing Win10 Question.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Old Windows files after installing Win10 Question.: Has anyone deleted the old Windows program files,after installing Win10? 17973