Windows 10: Accessing Or Seeing A USB Stick Or External HD ?

Discus and support Accessing Or Seeing A USB Stick Or External HD ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Last question for the night; I promise. Pretty basic one: How do I see, and access, a USB Stick, or an external HD that I plugged in ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Robert11 Win User

Accessing Or Seeing A USB Stick Or External HD ?

Hello,

Last question for the night; I promise.

Pretty basic one:
    How do I see, and access, a USB Stick, or an external HD that I plugged in ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Nov 16, 2015

2. How to recover the lost data from crashed hard drive after installing window 10?

If your HD has crashed you probably will not be able to recover the data. You need to take the HD and mount it in an external USB enclosure and see it you can access the drive that way. If not the drive is dead.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 16, 2015
  3. I made a mistake I upgrade to windows 10

oh to apparently avoid confusion I did my backup from windows 7 pro using a linux usb stick and rsync'd my entire HD to a 2tb external. no issues.

pc is a i7 hanswell 16 gig ram, gt 660 2tb hd 32 msata 18 gig external usb or networked storage. 100 meg wan to isp

2 x 24" monitors.

RobertCCorkum, Nov 16, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

through file explorer on the taskbar, is how I do it ,click this pc, and the HD and usb will show drive letters.in devices and drives

caperjack, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Accessing Or Seeing A USB Stick Or External HD ? - Similar Threads - Accessing Seeing USB

2. Accessing old unbootable HD in USB enclosure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accessing old unbootable HD in USB enclosure: My old HD from Sony Vaio WIN 10 Pro 64bit stopped booting cuz I dropped it can't fix. So I put in enclosure but I won't let me view or move my personal files. I went to Disk Mgmt took picture[ATTACH]...
  3. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...
  4. Windows 10 Not "Seeing" my USB Stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Not "Seeing" my USB Stick: I've been backing up my data to a USB stick for some time. In order to have the process go faster I found articles on the web on how to do so,. One said to change the device properties form 'Quick Removal' to 'Best Performance.' When I do that WIndows locks up.. I see...
  5. Unable to access external USB Drives!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to access external USB Drives!: Hi I recently upgraded my PC to windows 10 and every since have been unable to access any USB external drive. The laptop picks up the drives and acknowledges that they are there and working but they do not appear in file explorer. I have looked in disk management and...
  6. Problems Accessing External USB Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems Accessing External USB Disk: I have a PC dell i3 and a mini PC both with win 10, in the mini pc I have connected a usb disk of 1tb and I share it to see my movies, I gave permission to everyone in my network so that I can access it, if I do it The PC dell I have no problems, but if I try to access from...
  7. External HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External HD: 1. I have a external HD that is compatible with windows 7 or 8. When I upgrade to windows 10 will I still be able to use it? 2. Can I download windows 10 ISO to a external HD and then install windows 10 right off of that same external HD? 16269
  8. Accessing An External HD: Sr. Citizen Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing An External HD: Sr. Citizen Question ?: Hi, So simple a question, I'm embarased to ask. Will blame it on old age now. Should have stayed with W7. Anyway, I have an external HD plugged into a USB Port for doing some backups How do i get to it afterwards, please ? I thought "File Explorer," but it...
  9. windows 10 USB stick not accessible

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 USB stick not accessible: Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help with any suggestions. After upgrading to Windows 10 any usb stick shows up in file explorer but when I try to open it - it says drive not accessible / access denied. Any help is greatly appreciated. thank you 14034
  10. Problem accessing files on external HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem accessing files on external HD: Hi, I recently bought a new PC with Windows 10 and I am having some issues with an external USB hard drive that I was wondering if I could get some feedback on. Here's the problem: when trying to access certain files on the drive (no rhyme or reason apparent - it just...