Windows 10: Accessing other pc's on home network.

Discus and support Accessing other pc's on home network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 pc's running windows 10 pro, on my main pc File Explorer shows my 2 pc's in network but I can't connect with my second pc everytime, it always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RayM, Sep 23, 2018.

1. RayM Win User

Accessing other pc's on home network.

I have 2 pc's running windows 10 pro, on my main pc File Explorer shows my 2 pc's in network but I can't connect with my second pc everytime, it always shows in file explorer but 95% of the time I get an error message, , Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found, 'Ive run Diagnose but Windows "couldn't identify the problem" My second pc doesn't show anything under Network in File Explorer.
    I am trying to connect via ethernet.

:)

2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 23, 2018
  4. oily_17 Win User

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Accessing other pc's on home network. - Similar Threads - Accessing pc's home

2. Home PC's not accessible to each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home PC's not accessible to each other: Some time ago I contacted MS Support and the Level1 Tech said that they were working on the issue. Still have not solved the Permissions issue so one PC can access the other. This should not be that hard to resolve.Windows 10...
  3. Home PC's not accessible to each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home PC's not accessible to each other: Some time ago I contacted MS Support and the Level1 Tech said that they were working on the issue. Still have not solved the Permissions issue so one PC can access the other. This should not be that hard to resolve.Windows 10...
  4. Home PC's not accessible to each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  6. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  7. Unable to access networked PC on home network

8. Cannot access other computers on my home network

Cannot access other computers on my home network: This is driving me nuts. We have 9 Windows 10 computers in our home all connected to the same network. All of our computers except just one can see and access all the other computers on our home network. I've tried everything I can think of. I recently changed all the...
  9. Not able to access other PCs on our home network

Not able to access other PCs on our home network: Been having problems since Homegroup was eliminated. On our home network we have four devices connected. One of the devices (Surface Book) is not able to access the files on the other three devices (Surface Laptop, Surface Pro 5, and a desktop machine). These other three...
  10. Can't access other user on home network, again

Can't access other user on home network, again: My wife's computer was just updated to Version 1709, and as with most Windows updates, I'm unable to access certain files/users/computers. This one is new, I can see her computer (JIMS-PC) just fine (Map Network Drive/Browse), but can't log into any of her folders. I can map...