Windows 10: Accessing photo app under my directory

Discus and support Accessing photo app under my directory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there an easy way to connect the photo app to the directory so that when I am trying to attach a picture which is from the photo app to an email?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SharleenLozano, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Accessing photo app under my directory

Is there an easy way to connect the photo app to the directory so that when I am trying to attach a picture which is from the photo app to an email?

:)

SharleenLozano, Dec 7, 2018

2. File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Recent Directories in Windows 10

Hi Phil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Yes, the recent directory list is not available in the quick access and frequent directories list doesn't appear in the Quick access. As this feature is by design. So I suggest you to give your feedback in Windows feedback app.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Arnie Est Win User

Accessing photo app under my directory

How to make shared photo directory visible in PICTURES app in WindowsMoblie 10?

Hello Piotr,

Shared photos from OneDrive can only be viewed by the owner of the photos on the Photos app. The person you shared it with can only view or edit it on OneDrive. We would recommend that you send a suggestion in
    Feedback Hub app to make this feature available on Windows 10 Mobile.

To send a suggestion, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All apps, search for the Feedback Hub
      app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Arnie Est, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Accessing photo app under my directory

1. Accessing photo app under my directory - Similar Threads - Accessing photo app

2. How to access Dropbox in the photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access Dropbox in the photos app: I've just got a new Windows 11 laptop. Previously I had Windows Photo Gallery where I could access Dropbox from the left hand side. Now I have the Photos app which seems to me to be a huge step back. Please can someone tell me how I now view Dropbox other than separately...
  3. How to access Dropbox in the photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access Dropbox in the photos app: I've just got a new Windows 11 laptop. Previously I had Windows Photo Gallery where I could access Dropbox from the left hand side. Now I have the Photos app which seems to me to be a huge step back. Please can someone tell me how I now view Dropbox other than separately...
  4. Prevent specific app for accessing specific file / directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prevent specific app for accessing specific file / directory: Is it possible to prevent specific app for accessing specific file / directory? On privacy setting it only has option for accessing file system. And on Apps & features setting, not all apps has advanced option button.. What I want to do is something like "prevent foobar.exe...
  5. photo program to make a photo directory for PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    photo program to make a photo directory for PC: I would like to find out which software can make a photo directory that is flexible and can add and remove people. The software was publisher but I could have done a nicer document it I had understood all the feature. I used published and made a directory but its didn't...
  6. Photo App under Win-10

Photo App under Win-10: Trouble uploading Photos from iPhone to Win-10 PC. The Win-10 "Photos" App tries to upload all Photos from the iPhone, not only the new photos. As such, it quits uploading at about 6,296 photos. The iPhone has 9,600 total photos stored on it. What gives here???...
  7. Accessing Photos from microsoft photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing Photos from microsoft photo app: Hi I am having trouble to add photos to FB from Microsoft photo account. I can see my photos but when I want to add them on FB then I can not access photo app. How can I access my photos from uploading directly from Microsoft photo to Fb witout having to save it in another...
  8. There is no preview app option under settings in photos

There is no preview app option under settings in photos: I wanted to try the Preview App option in Photos, but I couldn't find it under photo settings. D you know why it is not there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-preview-app-option-under-settings-in/552d37a6-5736-47f0-b373-3b97d16d522b
  9. Photos App missing under certain user accounts

Photos App missing under certain user accounts: My computer is joined to a on-prem domain running Windows 10 Enterprise x64, build 1709. My user profile is roaming with Folder Redirection enabled (by Group Policy). I had to recreate my roaming profile and ever since then have been having issues. First, the built-in...
  10. app directory

app directory: How can I find a particular directory, specifically the maps app (Microsoft maps)? Thanks *Smile 55720