Windows 10: Accessing photos for album creation

Discus and support Accessing photos for album creation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a large number of photos going back decades and I would like to create some new albums. The number of years available seems to be limited in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HowardSimons, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Accessing photos for album creation

I have a large number of photos going back decades and I would like to create some new albums. The number of years available seems to be limited in the Photo program. Is there a way to open up my photo archives completely?

:)

HowardSimons, Nov 18, 2019

2. Photo Album Access

Using Edge, I'm unable to access photos in an album at a vpweb website. When I click the album, I get a message that my "browser is not supported." Is there a way around this glitch? or do I just need to use a different browser? Any suggestions?

KimberlyRodriguez_832, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Greedo Win User
    Where are Windows photo albums actually saved

The Windows 10 photo app allows you to save pictures to "Creations" such as photo albums. Where are these albums located in Explorer?

The implication from what I've read is that they are somewhere on the user's OneDrive - but I don't imagine the photos themselves are saved into an album, merely their filepaths. Either way I can't find this information.

Can I access the file paths associated with the images contained in one of these albums?

(NB, I don't want to upload to onedrive, I just want to know where the album data is saved on the machine usually, and whether I can access it from explorer or the command line say)

Greedo, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Ben N Win User

Accessing photos for album creation

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Accessing photos for album creation

1. Accessing photos for album creation - Similar Threads - Accessing photos album

2. Photos Album

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Album: Why does it include general internet content along with my photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-album/bea6450b-f9e3-41c5-bcff-b4257a67287f
  3. Photo's Album

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo's Album: My photo file keeps crashing and will not upload all my new photo's of my SD card. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-album/cc95e459-19e7-49f5-9708-c2ee4d168fef
  4. photo album

photo album: I spent 4 hours last night selecting photos for a photo book using the photos app on windows 10, now I want to upload the photos to a website so that I can create my photobook. There seems to be no way of doing this. What is the point in having a photo album if you can't...
  5. photo album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo album: i scan photos, save them, then can't find them again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-album/3b68fd48-22d8-4682-81ab-4ca8afee7100"
  6. Cant access my photos in albums

Cant access my photos in albums: Hello I am unable to access my photos in any of my created albums. It allows me to add to add a new photo to an existing album and to create a new album but when I try to access the album it just shut down and defaults to my desktop screen. Everything else seems to be...
  7. Photo Album Access

Photo Album Access: Hi, Recently I have been unable to access the albums I have created in my photo file. I can access all photos, but if I try to access a specific album, I get bounced back to my desk top. I've re-booted my computer, used my anti-virus tool to no avail. Thanks for any...
  8. photo albums

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo albums: I set up an album using windows 10 but when i display the album it only shows selected photos.how do you change the storyboard to include all the photos chosen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-albums/7526ae66-5392-44b0-9ef7-c45d5a44fc34
  9. Photos in albums

Photos in albums: how do I rearrange photos in an album? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-albums/7c58d5fd-c858-4b9e-9018-95e307057db6"
  10. Photo albums

Photo albums: I have created albums for the past 2 years. I can now see the album names but no pictures show when I access the album name. Instead, windows 10 closes the picture app and takes me back to the desktop. Help!...