Windows 10: Accessing Photos from microsoft photo app

Discus and support Accessing Photos from microsoft photo app in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am having trouble to add photos to FB from Microsoft photo account. I can see my photos but when I want to add them on FB then I can not access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bara_67, Apr 6, 2019.

1. bara_67 Win User

Accessing Photos from microsoft photo app

Hi

I am having trouble to add photos to FB from Microsoft photo account. I can see my photos but when I want to add them on FB then I can not access photo app. How can I access my photos from uploading directly from Microsoft photo to Fb witout having to save it in another folder

:)

bara_67, Apr 6, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 6, 2019
  3. File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Accessing Photos from microsoft photo app

Windows 10 Photo App unable to sync photos

Hi,

I realize that you face difficulty with photos app. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know whether you are using same Microsoft account to login to the Windows photo app on both laptop and Desktop.

If not I suggest you to use same Microsoft account to log-in both laptop and desktop.

Then sign out of the photos app and restart the system. Then login again into Windows photo app and check.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the source location within the windows photo app. Please follow below steps to change the source location.

• Type photos in search bar and press enter.

• Then click on settings (gear icon) in photos app and under
      sources section add the path where photos are saved.
    Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with photos app.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Accessing Photos from microsoft photo app

1. Accessing Photos from microsoft photo app - Similar Threads - Accessing Photos microsoft

2. Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos: Hi all,I am working to download all of the photos in the Microsoft Photos App to an external hard drive. Last night I had pictures on the app dating back to 1999. Now the photos only date back to 2012. I am praying I havent lost 13 years of photos.I checked my recycle bin to...
  3. Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos: Hi all,I am working to download all of the photos in the Microsoft Photos App to an external hard drive. Last night I had pictures on the app dating back to 1999. Now the photos only date back to 2012. I am praying I havent lost 13 years of photos.I checked my recycle bin to...
  4. Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Photo microsoft app not openning photos: Photo app does not open any photos, but if I select modify/edit the image, then I am able to open it. What could be the solution here.thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-microsoft-app-not-openning-photos/57eeae5d-c54b-452c-8f46-1a232234d956
  5. Album of photos missing from Microsoft Photos App

Album of photos missing from Microsoft Photos App: An entire album of photos is missing from my Microsoft photos app. My hard drive was rebooted inadvertently. I have been able to recover all other files, but now a full album of photos is missing from the app. Where can I go to retrieve the missing 385 photos?...
  6. microsoft photos app

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft photos app: What happened to the delete files after import option in photos app.? I noticed it missing April 10, 2020. It seems pretty dumb to remove it. Did you guys hire trump to do updates or something?...
  7. Microsoft photo app

Microsoft photo app: The photo app on my desktop computer does not show the file info information for each picture anymore. It used to show the date of the picture, camera used, etc. Now when I click on file information for a picture it clicks out of the app entirely. The same app on my laptop...
  8. Microsoft Photo App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo App: Hello, I just recently noticed that the Microsoft Photo App wasn't showing a lot of my photos. I went to Settings, Apps found the Photo app and clicked repair and it didn't do anything. I clicked it twice and with no luck. Then I clicked the reset option and it stated my...
  9. Microsoft Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos app: I cannot figure out how to use a new Photo app. I mean the program that has replaced Picture Manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app/9a6adda9-d373-4f0c-88cd-9c9abdab45d4"
  10. Photo app from Microsoft down

Photo app from Microsoft down: I got first a System error -2147219196 and after restoring via Microsoft information I got the stem error -2147219195. The Microsoft photo-app does nog work any longer....