Windows 10: Accessing programs on boot drive from old drives.

Discus and support Accessing programs on boot drive from old drives. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded to an ssd for a boot drive with around 500gb. Now, I would like to put some programs here but I want most of my games and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheItaIianMike, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Accessing programs on boot drive from old drives.

Hello,

I recently upgraded to an ssd for a boot drive with around 500gb. Now, I would like to put some programs here but I want most of my games and programs to be be loaded from one of my two hard drives. Currently, the ssd is the C: drive. I also cannot seem to access programs from any drive except from the C: drive. How would I go about this?

:)

TheItaIianMike, Mar 21, 2020

2. Windows 7 booting off wrong drive?!?!?

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have two hard drives, a 1.5TB drive, and a 160GB drive. Windows is installed on the 1.5TB drive, as are all my files and programs. The 160GB drive has a bunch of old files, and apparently the bootmgr and boot folder. Nothing else is on the 160GB drive, other than media files etc.

If I remove the 160GB drive from the machine, windows refuses to boot, plug it back in, it works fine. The setup with two hard drives I have now is temporary, as the 160GB drive will go into another machine.

My question is, can someone give me a step by step on how to make windows force to boot off the 1.5TB drive, ignoring the 160GB drive in the boot process completely?
    I don't know how to do this in Windows 7, on XP I would just run the /fixmbr command and its related ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I would really really rather not have to wipe and reinstall, I know it can be done without one as I've had this issue with XP before.

speedy11131, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Accessing a Hard Drive...

You can boot from Norton Ghost and clone that disk to your hard drive. Then boot normally install virtual machine with xp and from that machine access cloned drive. It's a complex but safe process.

Drone, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Accessing programs on boot drive from old drives.

accessing old programs

recently added second hard drive (CAccessing programs on boot drive from old drives. :)with Windows 10 OS in addition to old hard drive (windows 10 OS as well) (KAccessing programs on boot drive from old drives. :) which has my old programs - how do i access the old programs?

GlennButler1, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Accessing programs on boot drive from old drives.

1. Accessing programs on boot drive from old drives. - Similar Threads - Accessing programs boot

2. Can't Boot into Cloned Drive to Delete Old Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Boot into Cloned Drive to Delete Old Drive: Hi I recently cloned my SSD using Clonezilla and was trying to boot into the new cloned drive to reformat the old drive so I can use it for normal storage. Both SSD's use the NVMe M.2 format but my motherboard only has space for one of them so I bought a PCIe adapter for the...
  3. Boot windows from new drive while keeping old drive’s file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot windows from new drive while keeping old drive’s file?: I just bought a new ssd to install windows on because my hard drive sounds like the Daytona 500 when booting up. I have 100s of gbs worth of programs and files I want to keep. Anyway of having windows on both, but only running on one? submitted by /u/MostLikelyALlama...
  4. Accessing "localstate" location on old drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing "localstate" location on old drive.: My computer has had 2 drives for years. The C: Drive SSD holds the operating system. The D: Drive Hard disk was for general use. When using the windows store, it was set to install new apps to the D: drive. Let me use Minecraft for windows 10 as an example:...
  5. trying to access old hard drive

trying to access old hard drive: Good morning all. I recently purchased a new computer, and I'm using old hard drives to move files off other computers, and the hard drives off computers which died, and I kept the drives from. I'm on my last two drives, and I'm not able to access either. I plug them in--...
  6. Can't Access 'old' drives

Can't Access 'old' drives: I got a new parts in my pc, and The things I changed was the Processor and Motherboard. The Storage devices were left unchanged. It's been awhile since I changed the parts but, everything that I had previously had installed/had on my 'old' system was still there, but. Locked...
  7. Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it.: I am running Windows 10 964 BIT) I want to access the data on an old hard drive that still has an old version of windows on it. (I have a docking facility.) How do I do that without the two operating systems conflicting?...
  8. Lost boot from ssd ,now boots from old drive ,

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost boot from ssd ,now boots from old drive ,: Hello : Tonight my son's computer lost booting from his ssd , the old hard drive boots fine but slow . Need to make the new ssd drive bootable . Weird this worked for 1 month until tonight . 1903 version (os Build 18362.499) Ideas . thanks [img] [img] 144186
  9. How to open Access from the old drive?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to open Access from the old drive?: I have a client that had an employee intentionally permanently delete their work off a laptop. This employee also uninstalled the programs associated with some of the data. Using data recovery software I was able to recover everything that had been deleted that had not been...
  10. How to boot an old Win7 drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to boot an old Win7 drive: My old computer died but I was able to read the old drive with my new computer using Win10. I would like to be able to boot the old drive using my new computer with Win10 or set up a partition on my new computer to run programs written that uses Office Cal 2003 on the old...