Windows 10: Accessing screensaver settings button

Discus and support Accessing screensaver settings button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, been using windows 10 for a while and got to say will it ever be streamlined to the point will never have to fix or modify anything in the OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by encom45, Dec 31, 2018.

1. encom45 Win User

Accessing screensaver settings button

Hello, been using windows 10 for a while and got to say will it ever be streamlined to the point will never have to fix or modify anything in the OS for it work properly out of the gate for even mundane selections ok so for the issue

now today this moment when i went to access under personlize - screensaver settings it comes up with this error:

attached as .jpg

ive checked GPpolicy it is set to enable and EULA changed to 1 - solution back in 2015

*cry

:)

encom45, Dec 31, 2018
  2. rivre Win User

Can't access more than 100 screensavers in settings menu?

I have lots of small screensavers installed - many are just variations and sets of a similar theme, but show individually in the screensavers settings drop-down box. It seems that I cannot access anything beyond the first 100 - for me that means anything after midway through the letter S isn't listed in the drop-down box. So I can't access settings for some of my screensavers, as I need to bring it up through that drop-down box and click settings.

Is there any way around this? Why would it be capped at 100? I counted and I have 100 listings available, and it ends part-way through the letter S.

rivre, Dec 31, 2018
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Accessing screensaver settings button :)

terrace, Dec 31, 2018
  4. rivre Win User

Can't access more than 100 screensavers in settings menu?

Just made a restore point just in case, and installed it. Instantly I have access through the program to all the screensavers and settings. Thanks a ton for the suggestion!

I still can't imagine why Windows would limit me like that. But thankfully there's something out there that lets me work around it.

rivre, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Accessing screensaver settings button - Similar Threads - Accessing screensaver settings

2. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings: I've changed the settings for my Lock Screen as well as Screensaver such that it should not ever turn on. Yet, after leaving my computer for 15 minutes, the lock screen turns on. I want this completely disabled, is this a bug?...
  3. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings: I've changed the settings for my Lock Screen as well as Screensaver such that it should not ever turn on. Yet, after leaving my computer for 15 minutes, the lock screen turns on. I want this completely disabled, is this a bug?...
  4. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle: have tried online solutions and also contacted customer service but still cant solve this problem.the setting all changed to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-all-setting-is-off-but-still-goes-into/d744e647-f77c-4c92-948e-ecb61b2ad811
  6. How to download and set screensavers

How to download and set screensavers: How to download screensavers and actually see them listed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-and-set-screensavers/222cef55-144e-4e24-83fe-dd3947b779bf
  7. Screensaver settings

Screensaver settings: Hi I have one small problem when using the screensaver settings on windows 10 pc. I went to choose "photos" in the drop down menu to display it as my screensaver. Then when I went to the right and clicked on the button that said "settings..." the screensaver settings window...
  8. Windows 10 screensaver settings

Windows 10 screensaver settings: How do I use Custom Reflection in 3D Text Screen Saver for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/windows-10-screensaver-settings/ba9c5a2f-3591-49d1-9adb-d43dbf8522ee
  9. Screensaver options and settings disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver options and settings disappeared: All of a sudden, I believe it was after MS last big update I tried to change a screensaver setting and discovered access to the settings is no longer there. Even if I search for screensaver in the main search window, it finds nothing. My old settings still work but there...
  10. Can't access more than 100 screensavers in settings menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access more than 100 screensavers in settings menu?: I have lots of small screensavers installed - many are just variations and sets of a similar theme, but show individually in the screensavers settings drop-down box. It seems that I cannot access anything beyond the first 100 - for me that means anything after midway through...