Windows 10: Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings

Discus and support Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I sometimes search for Security in the Settings app to find the option for Security & Maintenance. This no longer works in my admin account on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings

I sometimes search for Security in the Settings app to find the option for Security & Maintenance. This no longer works in my admin account on my desktop PC running v1709. Nothing happens when I click on Security & Maintenance in the search box (see below) but it works fine in other accounts. I also think the gear wheel symbol is wrong.

sfc /scannow runs fine. Any ideas? I'm due to update this PC to v1803 - would that fix the issue since the update is basically a repair install?

Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Sep 12, 2018

2. Security and Maintenance

Hello Joseph,

Try to Search Action Center in Start Search Box and then Security and Maintenance Open.

Look for Change Security and Maintenance Settings on Left Hand Side

After Selecting option Mark Check and Uncheck for Security and Maintenance and Click Ok

Raman Singh [Insider], Sep 12, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Security and Maintenance error. windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Place your computer in clean boot state and check if it helps.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 12, 2018
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings - Similar Threads - Accessing Security Maintenance

2. Daily notification from Microsoft Security and Maintenance

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Daily notification from Microsoft Security and Maintenance: I get a daily notification from Microsoft Security and Maintenance worded as this - "We've turned on Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Your version of McAfee Antivirus and AntiSpyware are incompatible with this version of Windows." I have searched for McAfee on my computer and...
  3. I can't disable some security and maintenance settings

I can't disable some security and maintenance settings: I can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I thought Windows 10 had removed homegroup] ones since it won't let me...
  4. I can't disable some security and maintenance settings

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't disable some security and maintenance settings: I can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I thought Windows 10 had removed homegroup] ones since it won't let me...
  5. Problem regarding security and maintenance settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem regarding security and maintenance settings: I can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I thought Windows 10 had removed homegroup] ones since it won't let me...
  6. Security and Maintenance settings

Security and Maintenance settings: I am unable to activate real time protection in Windows Defender. I was advised to uncheck Spyware and unwanted software protection In change security and maintenance settings. The box is checked but it is grayed out so I an unable to uncheck it....
  7. Security & Maintenance notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Security & Maintenance notifications: I keep receiving a notification from Security & Maintenance that my file drive was turned off for too long. How do I turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-maintenance-notifications/32132747-3fff-49b7-8cd9-e2c27873d5c3
  8. security/maintenance software

security/maintenance software: I have deleted security/maintenance software off my computer, but there is still some residuals of the software that are interfering with the computers operation. I have searched for the bits that are causing the problem but they will not reveal themselves. How can I find...
  9. Cant access security and maintenance

Cant access security and maintenance: Hello Windows defender isn't appearing in services. I have been trying to access security and maintenance but it wont open. If i search for it in the windows search bar it appears but when i click on it nothing happens. How can i solve both problems?...
  10. Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings for Messages in Windows 10 By default, Windows will automatically check for security and maintenance problems and send you a message...