Windows 10: Accessing Security Users/Groups in Win10 Home

Discus and support Accessing Security Users/Groups in Win10 Home in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to use this feature as I know it is buried deep inside Windows 10 Home Edition but when I launch the lusrmgr.msc control panel it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Wonder Woman, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Accessing Security Users/Groups in Win10 Home

Hello,

I would like to use this feature as I know it is buried deep inside Windows 10 Home Edition but when I launch the lusrmgr.msc control panel it tells me that the snapin cannot be used with this version of Windows and to use the User Accounts CP. I can see that the functionality is in fact used but buried in Windows 10 Home because it shows up in many instances when you right click on things and do a "deep dive" into the security tab and advanced. How can I get at this functionality/feature for Windows 10 Home Edition.

I am a help desk tech with 25 years experience, going to computer cert school and at home during the current lock down of the world and I am looking for things to do and would like to learn this. I discovered it because I wanted to look at the contents of my WindowsApp folder but it told me I do not have access and gave me a cursory instruction list of how to gain access but I have a user/group that comes up as corrupted and instructing me to delete it but it will not allow for the deletion as it is greyed out. I am the 100% owner admin on my laptop. I have long ago taken full 100% ownership of everything on my laptop.

Sincerely,

Here are screenshots of what I see:

Accessing Security Users/Groups in Win10 Home [​IMG]

:)

Wonder Woman, Apr 16, 2020

2. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Apr 16, 2020
  3. How to Create MUlti-user Folder Security for a School Setting

Samuria,

Thanks for the suggests. A couple of comments or questions.
    1)There is no group called Everyone on my security tab
    2)is there a precedence order on the list of Users/groups on the Security tab. For example is it top to bottom or bottom up? Do individual users have precedence to groups
    3) is there a defined hierarchy to the list of. For example is Users a subset of Authenticated Users,....

Again, thanks for taking your time to respond

Jerrythesurfer, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Thelps Win User

Accessing Security Users/Groups in Win10 Home

Security - User, Group or Built-In Security Principal: Explanation?

Could someone explain the purpose of all the accounts listed under the Advanced button of the User, Group or Built-In Security Principal search-box that appears when you click the Change link under Advanced Security Settings (Properties > Security > Advanced) for any file or folder?

Specifically, the long list of names made available when you click Find Now. Such as 'Administrators', 'Creator Owner', 'authenticated authority asserted identity' etc.

What is the purpose of these names/groups? Is there a way to reduce the number of these by pruning unused/unwanted groups? Are there options to edit the members of these groups etc?

The more detail and depth people can go into on this the better.

Much appreciated.

Thelps, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Accessing Security Users/Groups in Win10 Home

1. Accessing Security Users/Groups in Win10 Home - Similar Threads - Accessing Security Users

2. unable to show User Security Groups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to show User Security Groups: HiSome user accounts and test accounts come back with Access Denied when trying to get a list of the User Security Groups:i.e. Gpresult /r in command prompt and whoami /groups both give an Access Denied in the Security Groups sectionHow can I best troublrshoot this?thanks...
  3. Removable Drive Access Access restriction Implementation on Security Group and not the...

Removable Drive Access Access restriction Implementation on Security Group and not the...: Hello all, I have implemented Removable Drive Access Access restriction on all the OUs with an exemption of one OUs into which I drag and drop a PC to allow access. Please help set elevation options such that whenever I need to allow access, I just elevate the user or add...
  4. Can't Access Local users and groups.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Access Local users and groups.: I used this application called virtual hardware to customize my hwids and stuff I think that's what it did haha. Ever since I used this, I cant access Local users and groups. It says invalid path. And when I try to access net user in cmd is says windows error. Any help is...
  5. How to grant one user access to a folder that is in a Security Group in AD that is denied...

How to grant one user access to a folder that is in a Security Group in AD that is denied...: So I have a folder on a server that has an explicit deny for a certain OU but want to give one person, that is in that OU, access to that folder. Is there a way to make a exception for that user or a way to override the deny that is in the security permissions for that...
  6. How to access Local User and Group Management in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 News
    How to access Local User and Group Management in Windows 10 Home: [ATTACH]Local User and Group Management snap-in or lusrmgr.msc are one of the features of Windows 10, which allows admins to manage local users and groups […] This article How to access Local User and Group Management in Windows 10 Home first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. Unable to access Users & Groups in Windows 10 Home

Unable to access Users & Groups in Windows 10 Home: Win-10 Home "Users & Groups" in Computer Management why can I not see them when I have Administrator rights?? ***Modified title from: Win-10 Home "Users & Groups"***...
  8. Win-10 Home "Users & Groups"

Win-10 Home "Users & Groups": Win-10 Home "Users & Groups" in Computer Management why can I not see them when I have Administrator rights?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home-users-groups/6efbd67c-4872-48c9-8b48-e5c7863f9463
  9. Security - User, Group or Built-In Security Principal: Explanation?

Security - User, Group or Built-In Security Principal: Explanation?: Could someone explain the purpose of all the accounts listed under the Advanced button of the User, Group or Built-In Security Principal search-box that appears when you click the Change link under Advanced Security Settings (Properties > Security > Advanced) for any file or...
  10. Home Group Can't access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home Group Can't access: hey guys just install windows 10 after upgrade from 8.1 i try upgrade on other PC from 8.1 he create homegroup with no problems!!!!! (all PC in WORKGROUP) when i try to do that i get error. i read that i need 2 servies work, one of them Peer networking grouping. when i...