Windows 10: Accessing shared files thorugh programs

Discus and support Accessing shared files thorugh programs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer at work has no problem opening and interacting with a shared network drive, but when I open a program, the program can not find any files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wolfroke, Mar 3, 2020.

1. wolfroke Win User

Accessing shared files thorugh programs

My computer at work has no problem opening and interacting with a shared network drive, but when I open a program, the program can not find any files in the shared folders. It's multiple programs that can't find the network. I can copy the file onto my C: drive but that's just a hassle of moving files back and forth. How can I fix this problem?

:)

wolfroke, Mar 3, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Mar 3, 2020
  3. LaCie Introduces File Access and Sharing for Families

Today LaCie announced an all-new network storage solution that connects the entire family to their music, movie and photo files. The LaCie CloudBox stores files in a single location so family members can easily share them with friends, and access them from anywhere on any device.

ONE-PLUG, ONE-CLICK SETUP
    The LaCie CloudBox makes setup worry-free thanks to its two-step set-up process. Simply plug the LaCie CloudBox into a power outlet and connect the Ethernet cable into a router. The LaCie CloudBox does the rest with no software to install. In just a few minutes, the LaCie CloudBox will appear on the user's Mac or PC just like a connected device.

Accessing shared files thorugh programs lacie_cloudbox_01_thm.jpg

SHARE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS
    With the LaCie CloudBox, all files are stored in one place, enabling convenient file access and sharing. The CloudBox includes UPnP capability so Dad can stream Zombie movies to the Xbox 360, iPad, or any network-connected computer and TV.

Sister can use LaCie's MyNAS application to access her brother's dubstep music collection from her college dorm room. Once brother grants her access to the music folder, she can play files directly from her desktop or smart phone.

Mom can share her photo albums with out-of-town family and friends by sharing a secure download link. She doesn't have to worry about privacy or size limitations. All the files are under her full control. Plus, parents can create private folders to keep business and tax files safe from prying eyes.

FILES ARE SAFE AT HOME OR ON THE GO
    The LaCie CloudBox goes beyond the home network. It can automatically back up multiple computers in the home. The included backup software for PC and Mac helps the family ensure all zombie movies, music collections and family photos are backed up should they experience a laptop, phone or tablet crash or loss. And for families that are always out and about, the LaCie CloudBox ensures they can access files from any network-connected smart phone, tablet or laptop. They never have to worry about syncing the latest music download because the files are always accessible.

CLOUDBOX IN ACTION: ONE FAMILY'S STORY
    Even though families live under the same roof, their gadgets and file locations are very different. For one such family, the LaCie CloudBox brings them and their files together in surprising ways -- .

AVAILABILITY
    The LaCie CloudBox, design by Neil Poulton, is available in 1 TB, 2 TB and 3 TB capacities through the LaCie Online Store and LaCie Resellers starting at $119.99.

Cristian_25H, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Accessing shared files thorugh programs

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Accessing shared files thorugh programs

1. Accessing shared files thorugh programs - Similar Threads - Accessing shared files

2. Program Files x86 not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Files x86 not accessible: Program Files x86 is just no accessible, it is visible in the file explorer, I can open it but cannot create/delete any files or folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-x86-not-accessible/982c0f1a-41cb-4c8e-99c0-8e759d51d26d
  3. Program Files x86 not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Files x86 not accessible: Program Files x86 is just no accessible, it is visible in the file explorer, I can open it but cannot create/delete any files or folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-x86-not-accessible/982c0f1a-41cb-4c8e-99c0-8e759d51d26d
  4. Program Files x86 not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't Access File Sharing or Network

Can't Access File Sharing or Network: Hello,I'm having a difficult time right now getting my file sharing and Network to run.Im trying to use Roon Audio via a ROCK NUC10i3. I'm at this stephttps://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roon-os-missing-codecsBut I have nothing showing up in my network drive.I've...
  6. Cant' access programs or file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant' access programs or file: After I tried to delete a secondary drive that I created , my pc is not working like ; I cant install or uninstall software on my pc, and I cant access files and programs including the elevated command prompt , Disk management , device manager and I can't even open exe files...
  7. Extracting Files and Accessing Programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extracting Files and Accessing Programs: I am the only user for my laptop. It was set up that way when I purchased the computer last year. Some way despite the fact that I am the administrator of the computer in the control panel the File Explorer had a user named Administrator and all my content and user privileges...
  8. Access to Program Files denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to Program Files denied: I've set up Avast to run my daily scan via the program ashcmd.exe and then display the report file, "quick.txt", which is stored in C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software. I was able to edit the report and save it last week but today I got the message Access to C:\ProgramData\AVAST...
  9. Can access Shared Files but not Shared Printers

Can access Shared Files but not Shared Printers: I have a small office network with 4 work stations. One of them (we'll call it #2) has 2 printers connected to it that are used by the other Work stations. I can access shared Files and Folders on #2 from #1 just like normal. But the Printers have all the sudden become...
  10. Network Sharing File Access Problem

Network Sharing File Access Problem: I've been reviewing the simple folder sharing setup on my three Windows 10 PCs. I'm trying to share folders between three computers on the same network by right clicking the folder and giving access to Everyone without using a Home Group. All computers have Windows 10 Pro (PC...