Windows 10: Accessing tftpd in wsl2 docker container

Discus and support Accessing tftpd in wsl2 docker container in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Problem: Connect to tftpd in Docker from WSL2. Client tftp is running inside wsl2 ubuntu Server is tftpd-hpa running inside docker for windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by arcmac, Jun 25, 2020.

1. arcmac Win User

Accessing tftpd in wsl2 docker container

Problem: Connect to tftpd in Docker from WSL2.

Client tftp is running inside wsl2 ubuntu

Server is tftpd-hpa running inside docker for windows started from wsl2 ubuntu

Windows firewall should be irrelevant, however it is also disabled completelty

Summary:

I can udp netcat from Alice to Bob port 69
    I can tftp load a file inside Bob
    When I tftp from Alite to netcat on Bob I see tftp traffic coming in
    But I can not tftp load a file in Alice from Bob, connection timeout

**** ?????

Reproduction:

I installed WSL2 on Windows 10 V 2004 with Ubuntu V20.04
    I installed Docker for Windows.
    I installed Ubuntu V20.04 in Docker.

Two terminals, Alice is wsl2 bash, Bob is Docker bash; docker run.

Bob: nc -ul4 69

Alice: nc -u 127.0.0.1 69

-> Both can chat

Bob: start nc -ul4 69

Alice: tftp 127.0.0.1

get test.txt

-> Bob can see alice talking tftp

Bob: start tftpd-hpa with option -4

Bob: tftp 127.0.0.1

get test.txt

-> Bob can download a file from its own tftpd

Bob: start tftpd-hpa with option -4

Alice: tftp 127.0.0.1

get test.txt

-> Timeout this is unexpected

Netstat on Alice and Bob look exactly identical in both cases nc and tftpd.

Bob:

Active Internet connections servers and established

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State

udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:tftp 0.0.0.0:*

Alice:

Active Internet connections servers and established

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State

udp6 0 0 [::]:tftp [::]:*

Fyi: Using the internal wsl2 ip instead of 127.0.0.1 makes no difference.

Question:

Any explaination ?

Next steps:

logging I got no /var/log/messages yet and tethereal ?

Exclusions:

I will not install a linux docker inside WSL2 as this is a commercial project and not recommended

Thanks a lot, apreciated.

:)

arcmac, Jun 25, 2020

2. Can't connect to Windows network services from WSL2

I have Ubuntu 18.04 running in WSL2, from which I want to connect to Docker Desktop running on Windows.

From cmd.exe I see that Docker service is listening on 127.0.0.1:2375:

Code:
    C:\Windows\System32>curl 127.0.0.1:2375/info{"ID":"Z2IX:WLIX:FT2V:ZQYY:6222:M6Y6:EGZW:6D2G:EGVY:YABG:VYUM:MB2A","Containers":6,"ContainersRunning":2,"ContainersPaused":0...
    But in WSL2, I got this output by `docker info`:

`ERROR: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at tcp://127.0.0.1:2375. Is the docker daemon running?`

No connection to 127.0.0.1:2375 from WLS2:

Code:
    $ curl 127.0.0.1:2375curl: (7) Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 2375: Connection refused
    The option "Expose daemon on tcp://localhost:2375 without TLS" is ticked.

Mikhail Batcer, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop

Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop

Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jco...ws-10-desktop/

Cluster Head, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Accessing tftpd in wsl2 docker container

How to use visual studio in Docker

Our source code contains dependency for w:\ drive.

Because of which, multiple releases can't be build on the same machine.

So, is there any option to use visual studio with a docker container, so that we can build multiple releases paralelly.

Any other solution also please suggest.

Changing our source code is not a valid option, please don't raise on a discussion on this.

Uday Kiran Reddy, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Accessing tftpd in wsl2 docker container

1. Accessing tftpd in wsl2 docker container - Similar Threads - Accessing tftpd wsl2

2. Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blackscreen after installing docker ans wsl2 on windows: I installed docker and wsl And Ubuntu distro on it, after that it freezed and when i restart everything is super slow.I can only use cmd Does anybody knows what to do, im stuuuucked ......
  3. Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop to run a Kubernetes cluster

Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop to run a Kubernetes cluster: Up until a couple months ago I was able to use Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Kubernetes WITHOUT having a Linux distro on my dev system. During the last 2 month period of time I did not do any development of services in K8s and did not even start Docker Desktop.Now I am ready...
  4. Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop to run a Kubernetes cluster

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop to run a Kubernetes cluster: Up until a couple months ago I was able to use Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Kubernetes WITHOUT having a Linux distro on my dev system. During the last 2 month period of time I did not do any development of services in K8s and did not even start Docker Desktop.Now I am ready...
  5. Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop: Up until a couple months ago I was able to use Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Kubernetes WITHOUT having a Linux distro on my dev system. During that 2 month period of time I did not do development of services in K8s and did not even start Docker Desktop.Now I am ready to...
  6. Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop

Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop: Up until a couple months ago I was able to use Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Kubernetes WITHOUT having a Linux distro on my dev system. During that 2 month period of time I did not do development of services in K8s and did not even start Docker Desktop.Now I am ready to...
  7. HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2: I have been having BSODs over the last 3 months or so with the error codes I provided in the title.I use VSCode for coding along with Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Ubuntu 22. 04. on Windows.I have attached the DxDiag and dump files from the Windows\Minidump folder in the...
  8. HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2

HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2: I have been having BSODs over the last 3 months or so with the error codes I provided in the title.I use VSCode for coding along with Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Ubuntu 22. 04. on Windows.I have attached the DxDiag and dump files from the Windows\Minidump folder in the...
  9. Docker on WSL2 Ubuntu 20.04

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Docker on WSL2 Ubuntu 20.04: How can I install docker? I tried $ sudo apt install docker.io Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Suggested packages: aufs-tools debootstrap docker-doc rinse zfs-fuse | zfsutils The following NEW packages will be...
  10. Run a docker container with KVM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run a docker container with KVM?: Hello, I need to run a docker container with KVM on a windows host. I’ve heard it’s possible to run a Linux VM using Hyper-V and then enable KVM in that Linux VM some how. So a nested Hyper-V to KVM container. Could someone tell me how to do this? Can I use VirtualBox for...