Windows 10: Accessing the same account/files/documents on multiple PCs

Discus and support Accessing the same account/files/documents on multiple PCs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am a business owner with 5 PCs. I want all of my employees to have their own account to log-in to. It would be ideal for them to have all their files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bwhite1234, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Accessing the same account/files/documents on multiple PCs

I am a business owner with 5 PCs. I want all of my employees to have their own account to log-in to. It would be ideal for them to have all their files accessible on all computers and for me to be able to control their accounts; i.e. if they no longer worked with us I could disable it, etc. What is the best way to do this?

:)

Bwhite1234, Oct 15, 2018

2. Prooblems accessing documents

Hi Jilly,

Generally, the Documents folder found under Quick access is the Documents folder built-in to Windows, and not the Documents folder in OneDrive. Since you mentioned that both This PC and OneDrive are giving you the "Location is not available." message,
    do you mean to say that both Documents folders are missing from Quick access?

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, you are accessing your Documents through This PC, instead of Quick access. Have you tried pinning the Documents folder from This PC to Quick access? If not, we suggest that you do. This way, you won't need to
    go through several folders to reach your files.

Here's how:

• Access the contents of of the user account that you're using, in your case, it's the
      jilly folder from This PC > OS (CAccessing the same account/files/documents on multiple PCs :) >
      Users > jilly.
    • Right-click on Documents, and then select Pin to Quick access.

Regarding the OneDrive folder, we suggest restoring the Documents folder from the OneDrive recycle bin so we can avoid further errors. You may refer to this
    support article for steps on how to restore deleted files and folders
    in OneDrive.

Is your OneDrive synced to your Windows 10 PC? If so, you can try to restore the Documents folder from
    http://onedrive.live.com. Steps on how to restore deleted files and folders can be found in this
    support article under the
    Restore deleted items section.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Accessing the same account/files/documents on multiple PCs

Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Accessing the same account/files/documents on multiple PCs

1. Accessing the same account/files/documents on multiple PCs - Similar Threads - Accessing same account

2. Multiple accounts with same fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple accounts with same fingerprint: I want add 11+ accounts with fingerprint entry, how to evade "That fingerprint has already been set up on another account" problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-accounts-with-same-fingerprint/011534e0-6c04-4615-8866-124fecd7a403
  3. Multiple accounts with same fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple accounts with same fingerprint: I want add 11+ accounts with fingerprint entry, how to evade "That fingerprint has already been set up on another account" problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-accounts-with-same-fingerprint/011534e0-6c04-4615-8866-124fecd7a403
  4. Multiple Comps with the same account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Comps with the same account.: I have been using the same Microsoft 10 account on my Desktop Comp, and two Laptops. I have someone who wants to use my one laptop, but my question is, if this person deletes the account on the one like completely gets rid of my account on the one laptop, will it remain on...
  5. Multiple users in same account

Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  6. Your Phone - same phone / multiple PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone - same phone / multiple PCs: I'm thinking about getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, and am intrigued about the "Your Phone" feature. However, I see that you have to sign in with a specific Microsoft account. But, what if I want to use it with 2 different PCs (Home and Work) that have different MS...
  7. Using the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs

Using the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs: I would just like to know if I can use the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs, since I intend to purchase a more powerful one and I don’t think I can sell my old PC, so that I intend to just leave my account logged on into it and refer to the files and other apps every so...
  8. Multiple access to same pdf file from homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple access to same pdf file from homegroup: Hope this post is not duplicate Hi how to setup a homegroup with 10 users accessing a pdf file simultaneously/concurrently at the same time in the my documents folder.They will only be allowed read permission, no way they can move/copy or edit the file.i do not think they...
  9. Shared folders with same accounts on two PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared folders with same accounts on two PCs: If I have an administrator account on two PCs on my local network, both with the same names and passwords, shouldn't they be able to have the same access on each other's PCs? For example, if I have a shared folder \\PC1\Folder and the local account Bob with the password...
  10. Quick Access, Documents, multiple windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access, Documents, multiple windows: Hello everyone! I hope you can help me today, I've been having a problem that's been driving me up the wall. I have my "Documents" folder under Quick Access when I open the File Explorer. Every time I open a folder within the Documents folder that is sitting under Quick...