Windows 10: accessing the windows system event log

Discus and support accessing the windows system event log in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Network Error: Another computer on this network has the same IP address on this computer. Access the windows system event log for details. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MATTLAZARO, Nov 26, 2020.

1. accessing the windows system event log

Network Error: Another computer on this network has the same IP address on this computer. Access the windows system event log for details. How do I resolve this problem?

:)

MATTLAZARO, Nov 26, 2020

2. Stopping Windows Error Reports Repeating in the Event Log when System has no network access

In Windows 10 I am seeing a change in the behaviour of WER over previous versions when the PC has no access to the internet so cannot contact the WER logging site.

In older versions of Windows the WER event log entry occurred once in the Event Log when viewed using Event Viewer.

In Win 10 the WER event log entries repeat themselves every 20 or so minutes until they are removed from the Problem Reports list.

I have tried changing some of the registry settings from WER Settings - Win32 apps but have only managed to prevent the entry ever being logged which is not the behaviour I am after.

Does anyone know what settings to change to get the WER system to log to the Event Log just once when the system cannot contact the central error site?

Thanks

Glyn

Glyn Forster, Nov 26, 2020
  3. You are about to be logged off - Windows will shut down in 1 minute

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check whether the automatic restart option is disabled or not as below.

• Press “Windows+X” and go to “Control Panel”.
    • Click on “System and Security” and click on “System”.
    • On the left hand side click on “Advanced system settings”.
    • Click on “Advanced” tab, then under “Startup and Recovery” click on “Settings”.
    • Under “System Failure” uncheck the option “Automatically Restart”.
    • Then click on “ok” and check whether the issue persist or not.

Also, I suggest you to check whether any task has been schedule for automatic restart as below.

• In the search box type as “Task Scheduler”.
    • Under “Task Scheduler summary” you can find any task has been created or not.
    • If any task has been created then I suggest you to remove it and check if the issue persist or not.

To determine what is causing the issue, I suggest you to check the event logs in the event viewer logs to know more about the issue.

Try the following steps to access Event Viewer:

• Press 'Windows key + R' simultaneously on your keyboard to bring the run dialog box.
    • Type ‘eventvwr’ (without quotes) and press ‘OK’.
    • Expand ‘Windows Logs’ on the left pane and look for the error logs under Application and System.
    • Copy the information and post it here so that we can analyze it.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

accessing the windows system event log

Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you on a domain network?
    2. May I know the make and the model number of your system?

The event logs you have provided seems to be the security logs that is generated when you login to your system. For more information on the event that was generated, you can check
    4672(S): Special privileges assigned to new logon.

The Windows error logs will be located at Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System.

Please follow the step below and check if it works for you.

Step: Improve Windows 10 Performance.

Try some of the following suggestions to help
    make your Windows 10 PC run better
    . The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Note: The last step on the article contains Windows Reset, I suggest you not to perform Windows reset, as there is a change your data and applications will be wiped and also
    the OS will reverted back to previous version you upgraded from.

If the issue still persists, please reply to this post with more information so that we can identify the root cause of this issue and assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

accessing the windows system event log

1. accessing the windows system event log - Similar Threads - accessing system event

2. System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService: Hello,On notebook - So far, everything looks and feels good, but the system event log is showing multiple UserModePowerService events, ID 12. This happens a few times a second, then every few seconds, generating hundreds of events. Message generated by this event:Process...
  3. System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService: Hello,On notebook - So far, everything looks and feels good, but the system event log is showing multiple UserModePowerService events, ID 12. This happens a few times a second, then every few seconds, generating hundreds of events. Message generated by this event:Process...
  4. System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System event log is showing thousand events - UserModePowerService ID12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System event log is showing thousand events - UserModePowerService ID12: Hello, On notebook - So far, everything looks and feels good, but the system event log is showing multiple UserModePowerService events, ID 12. This happens a few times a second, then every few seconds, generating hundreds of events. Message generated by this event: Process...
  6. System event log is showing thousand events - UserModePowerService ID12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System event log is showing thousand events - UserModePowerService ID12: Hello, On notebook - So far, everything looks and feels good, but the system event log is showing multiple UserModePowerService events, ID 12. This happens a few times a second, then every few seconds, generating hundreds of events. Message generated by this event: Process...
  7. System event log is showing thousand events - UserModePowerService ID12

8. What is Dbx in Event Viewer > Windows logs > system ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Dbx in Event Viewer > Windows logs > system ?: Hello so basically I contacted the Dell support there this guy wanted to remotely connect to my laptop so he told me I might have an OS issue but he asked me to login to my Microsoft account while he was remotely connected to my laptop then when I logged in the saw everything...
  9. What is Dbx in Event Viewer > Windows logs > system ?

What is Dbx in Event Viewer > Windows logs > system ?: Hello so basically I contacted the Dell support there this guy wanted to remotely connect to my laptop so he told me I might have an OS issue but he asked me to login to my Microsoft account while he was remotely connected to my laptop then when I logged in the saw everything...
  10. Stopping Windows Error Reports Repeating in the Event Log when System has no network access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stopping Windows Error Reports Repeating in the Event Log when System has no network access: In Windows 10 I am seeing a change in the behaviour of WER over previous versions when the PC has no access to the internet so cannot contact the WER logging site. In older versions of Windows the WER event log entry occurred once in the Event Log when viewed using Event...