Windows 10: Accessories don't want to work

Discus and support Accessories don't want to work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 1903 My computer worked fine last night and I rarely shut it off; just put it to sleep. When I tried to sign in this morning there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Nikilet Win User

Accessories don't want to work

Windows 10 Version 1903

My computer worked fine last night and I rarely shut it off; just put it to sleep.

When I tried to sign in this morning there was some gray window and I can't remember what it said, but something about pushing the F7 key.

When my desktop loaded back up I could not get any movement no matter what I did. I had to force a shutdown. I restarted, and checked updates. There were a couple ready so I clicked Install. On one of them I got a message that it failed because some files were missing or something and I should try again so I did. This time it installed. The update in question was KB4537572 to do with Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8.

I noticed that earlier KB4534132 (13), also the Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8, had failed to install. I include this info in case it has something to do with my present problem.

I can open things but, for instance, I click on the volume icon in my taskbar and it opens fine but I can not move the slider. I open Snipping Tool and select new and the screen grays out like it's supposed to. But when I get my crosshair and try to draw around what I want to take a screenshot of nothing happens.

I just went back to my desktop and tried the volume slider and the Snipping Tool again and both of them worked this time, after messing around with this for at least 30 minutes. But I'm going to post this anyway and ask, has anyone else had a similar problem to this, or does anyone know what could have caused all this?

Thank you.

:)

Nikilet, Mar 26, 2020

2. Windows 7 Snipping Tool / (Screen Shots-Capture)

1. In the Control Panel > Folder Options > View Tab first check ( tick ) the Show hidden files, folders and Drives and then Apply.
    2. Now navigate to C:\ Program Data \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Program.
    3. Inside this Program folder , you will find the 'Accessories' folder.
    4. Drag and drop the Accessories Folder on your Start Menu or All programs.
    Did this work ?

If all works again i suggest to go back to Step 1 and re-select Don`t show hidden files. folders and Drives then Apply. so you don`t accidentally delete some of these.

Frank N St31n, Mar 26, 2020
  3. armym3 Win User
    WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Mar 26, 2020
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Accessories don't want to work - Similar Threads - Accessories don't

2. No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working: Hello. Attached are photos of what I am referring too. I can't change anything. There are no options to customize/edit the controller. What am I doing wrong? What can I check?...
  3. No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working: Hello. Attached are photos of what I am referring too. I can't change anything. There are no options to customize/edit the controller. What am I doing wrong? What can I check?...
  4. I cannot install xbox accessories

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install xbox accessories: I tired everything that was already posted and nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-install-xbox-accessories/60162d50-775c-465d-8aeb-b5b9fab84356
  5. I cannot install xbox accessories

I cannot install xbox accessories: I tired everything that was already posted and nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-install-xbox-accessories/60162d50-775c-465d-8aeb-b5b9fab84356
  6. Xbox accessories app not opening: error reads "Windows OS update required" but all windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox accessories app not opening: error reads "Windows OS update required" but all windows...: I have downloaded the Xbox Accessories app to remap my Elite Series 2 controller but I cant even open the app due to an error upon opening saying "Windows OS Update Required." I have refreshed the windows update many times and everything is up to date....
  7. Xbox accessories app not opening: error reads "Windows OS update required" but all windows...

Xbox accessories app not opening: error reads "Windows OS update required" but all windows...: I have downloaded the Xbox Accessories app to remap my Elite Series 2 controller but I cant even open the app due to an error upon opening saying "Windows OS Update Required." I have refreshed the windows update many times and everything is up to date....
  8. Unable to login to Xbox accessories - Error code 0x800701F4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to Xbox accessories - Error code 0x800701F4: Hi everyone,I have an issue with the Xbox accessories version 2402.2401.17002.0 on Windows 11 Pro 23H2 - Build 22631.3085 . When I run it with my XBox Series controller connected, no error at all.But if I click on the test mode, or if I plug my USB-C Cable from my PC to the...
  9. Unable to login to Xbox accessories - Error code 0x800701F4

Unable to login to Xbox accessories - Error code 0x800701F4: Hi everyone,I have an issue with the Xbox accessories version 2402.2401.17002.0 on Windows 11 Pro 23H2 - Build 22631.3085 . When I run it with my XBox Series controller connected, no error at all.But if I click on the test mode, or if I plug my USB-C Cable from my PC to the...
  10. Windows 11 - WhatsApp and Xbox Accessories apps - UI text in Chinese characters

Windows 11 - WhatsApp and Xbox Accessories apps - UI text in Chinese characters: Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22631 Build 22631 In a couple of apps, some of the UI text is in Chinese as a UK English speaker, I am making the assumption these characters are Chinese, but they could equally be Japanese or similar language WhatsApp - Downloaded from the MS App Store....