Windows 10: Accident trying to do something

Discus and support Accident trying to do something in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidentally uninstalled a device on my Windows 10 with Device Manger, Is there any way I can get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Cloutier, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Accident trying to do something

I accidentally uninstalled a device on my Windows 10 with Device Manger,

Is there any way I can get it back?

:)

John Cloutier, Feb 7, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 7, 2021
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Accident trying to do something

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Accident trying to do something

1. Accident trying to do something - Similar Threads - Accident trying something

2. Microsoft do something!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft do something!: Microsoft, you have a user, who - seems to be able to get around your censors, or may or may not be working for you - after being reported, constantly changes their name to avoid being completely banned, accusing people on your site of Child Sexual Assault and other offenses,...
  3. Microsoft do something!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft do something!: Microsoft, you have a user, who - seems to be able to get around your censors, or may or may not be working for you - after being reported, constantly changes their name to avoid being completely banned, accusing people on your site of Child Sexual Assault and other offenses,...
  4. Accident

Accident: I opened msconfig and set the maximum memory to 3. Now my system is always restarting. How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accident/c81cc1a2-290f-4574-a897-a46acf577662
  5. Accident

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accident: I opened msconfig and set the maximum memory to 3. Now my system is always restarting. How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accident/c81cc1a2-290f-4574-a897-a46acf577662
  6. Is this a virus or did I do something wrong by accident

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is this a virus or did I do something wrong by accident: My mouse cursor is too big and when it goes over items you can see through them but it inverts the colors. It will still click on some things but wont click on the settings or any Microsoft apps like PowerPoint, Microsoft word or excel...
  7. Accidently deleted something in windows hello face setting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Accidently deleted something in windows hello face setting: I was checking settings of my newly bought laptop with windows 10 home. I accidently uninstalled a setting or maybe was a feature namely windows hello face(don't remember rest of it)... I went on that page through a notification saying that something(i don't remember exactly)...
  8. trying to download something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to download something: you see I'm trying to download a animation program called Macromedia Flash (adobe flash player) but idk which site to download it from I tried to download it on few sites but it seem to say it was not safe to download or not commonly downloaded since its a exe file I'm not...
  9. Buying something by accident

Buying something by accident: i bought an expansion pack on forza horizon by accident and im really struggling in life so i need a refund please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-money/buying-something-by-accident/e0860201-ffd4-444c-986d-5faac6fc6da2
  10. Trying Something new

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying Something new: Hello, Preparing to remove AVG antivirus, I read carefully all your answers and made some experiments, downloaded "bitdefender" both versions, the 'offline' and the 'online' from same site, and 'revo uninstaller portable'. Then I put my pc in "time freeze' mode to chk them...