Windows 10: Accidental deletion of all personal files on WIN 10

Discus and support Accidental deletion of all personal files on WIN 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Converted to Windows 10 recently. One issue from the conversion was creation of duplicate sets of files, including my all important DOCUMENTS file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LemL., Apr 17, 2021.

1. LemL. Win User

Accidental deletion of all personal files on WIN 10

Converted to Windows 10 recently. One issue from the conversion was creation of duplicate sets of files, including my all important DOCUMENTS file. Stupidly, I tried to delete one of them & this deleted both sets of files. The DOCUMENTS file both of them was too big for RECYCLE file so both DOCUMENTS files were deleted. I freaked out. Could not find obvious way to retrieve the files or way to get a live Windows 10 staffer. So left computer on & have not used it. HELP!

:)

LemL., Apr 17, 2021
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 17, 2021
  4. natr0n Win User

win 7 need perm to delete files

Is there anyway to have full control to delete things

ever since this new win 7 install this mfpos randomly says i need perm to delete anything.

anyone know of a reg file to load on startup or something

*Bang Head :banghead:

natr0n, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Accidental deletion of all personal files on WIN 10 - Similar Threads - Accidental deletion personal

2. Accidentally deleted the file "INetHistory".

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted the file "INetHistory".: Accidentally deleted the file INetHistory from appdata (Local). Being stupid as i am, i ended up disregarding a redditor's advice not to mess too much with files i don't know what they are for and deleted it accidentally. Nothing seems different, but i wonder if i should do...
  3. Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file

Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file: Yeah so I feel like a complete idiot right now. I got the temp profile issue and meant to delete the non .bak, but deleted the bak on accident. What should I do? submitted by /u/colepher2 [link] [comments]...
  4. Update Windows XP to Windows 10 and delete all personal files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Windows XP to Windows 10 and delete all personal files?: Hi, I have a couple of Windows XP laptops that I want to clean out all the personal information and update to Windows 10. Do I need to update to windows 7 to be able to update to windows 10? Can I directly update to windows 10 from XP. Are there any tutorials that will...
  5. Windows have deleted all of my personal files

Windows have deleted all of my personal files: Just turned on my computer to find all my files gone what now? submitted by /u/69cole96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gq8wju/windows_have_deleted_all_of_my_personal_files/
  6. accidentally deleted system files windows 10

accidentally deleted system files windows 10: Hi all, While uninstalling a program, I might have accidentally deleted some other windows system file too. Didn't realise it until I restart the pc next day. now I am at a "choose your keyboard layout" screen > troubleshoot > advanced options and none of the options...
  7. Accidentally deleted windows files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally deleted windows files.: So an accident happened. I was messing around with a Windows XP vm in virtualbox and discovered it had a file manager. So what if i deleted the C:\ drive of the VM? I did exactly that, but instead accidentally chose the actual C:\ drive on my actual system and did not realize...
  8. ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES

ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES: I accidentally deleted files from Downloads Folder using Clean Now button (it can be found in Settings - Storage - Click on "Change how we free up space automatically". I forgot that I didn't have a back up copy of all my files in the Downloads Folder but at that time I...
  9. Accidentally deleted registry file

Accidentally deleted registry file: Accidentaly deleted “microsoft” from registry files when i meant to delete something else. I can’t do much as of now but when i try to start windows it says error and restarts it again, until i get the troubleshoot screen. Any help/advice to fix this and restore the...
  10. Accidental mass file deletion in SharePoint.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidental mass file deletion in SharePoint.: Hi There - We have been on the phone with MS many times over the past two weeks and still cannot figure out what happened. One of our user's computers deleted over 50,000 files from our SharePoint. The employee did not initiate any type of deletion. We have no idea how...