Windows 10: Accidental double purchase

Discus and support Accidental double purchase in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just built a new PC and purchased a Window's 10 Home digital license for the OS. I accidently purchased it twice however, and I don't know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by shaneD., Feb 13, 2021.

1. shaneD. Win User

Accidental double purchase

I just built a new PC and purchased a Window's 10 Home digital license for the OS. I accidently purchased it twice however, and I don't know how to return a license since I accidently bought 2. I only redeemed one and I was hoping to get in touch with someone at Microsoft for some help.

:)

shaneD., Feb 13, 2021

2. accidental purchase

I have an accidental purchase. Is there a way for me to cancel the purchase and get credit back for the purchase made?

LeosFamily, Feb 13, 2021
  3. RickC Win User
    Tremors cause accidental double clicks and double letters.

The OP is talking about both 'mouse click' and keyboard issues due to tremor. There doesn't appear to be the same granularity for mouse clicks in Win 10 (or I'm just looking in the wrong places).

Unfortunately, Microsoft Support docs for Win 10 only give very generalised info about amending the keyboard but it appears the registry settings refer mainly to milliseconds.

Note: It's a pain navigating through Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard (under Interaction in the navigation pane) so if you're doing this a lot it's far easier to create a shortcut on the desktop:

1. Right-click on a blank area of the desktop and select New > Shortcut.

Accidental double purchase [​IMG]

2. Enter ms-settings:easeofaccess-keyboard as the 'location' then click on the Next button.

3. Name the shortcut something like Keyboard settings.

4. Right-click on the newly-created shortcut and choose Properties.

5. Change the 'Shortcut' key to CTRL+ALT+K then click on the Apply then OK buttons.

Now using CTRL+ALT+K together will open the Ease of Access centre directly to the Keyboard area.

Similarly, substituting ms-settings:easeofaccess-mouse at step 2 (and using CTRL+ALT+M) will let you go directly to the Mouse area. (If you use AutoHotkey it's even easier... I have an always-running AHK script and just use WIN+k and WIN+m respectively to open keyboard and mouse settings.)

Hope this helps...

RickC, Feb 13, 2021
  4. nidotech Win User

double purchase after hard reset the phone

1. purchase need for speed at the phone

2. hard reset the phone

3. download need for speed trial

4. purchase need for speed again

5. ahh, double purchase in my billing Accidental double purchase :(

nidotech, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Accidental double purchase - Similar Threads - Accidental double purchase

2. Accidentally purchasing the wrong item

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Accidentally purchasing the wrong item: I purchased a Xbox controller from the Microsoft store , however it was not the controller I wanted so as soon as I realised I cancelled the purchase but I was still charged for it , after I received an email that said that they had cancelled my order and had not charged me...
  3. Accidentally purchasing the wrong item

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally purchasing the wrong item: I purchased a Xbox controller from the Microsoft store , however it was not the controller I wanted so as soon as I realised I cancelled the purchase but I was still charged for it , after I received an email that said that they had cancelled my order and had not charged me...
  4. Accidentally purchasing the wrong item

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wrong Minecraft version accidentally purchased

Wrong Minecraft version accidentally purchased: I accidentally bought the Windows 10 version on the Microsoft store thinking it was the Java Edition. Can I swap my version for Java? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-minecraft-version-accidentally-purchased/b2d45c0c-d566-438b-9256-bfe514b86db3
  6. accidental microsoft point purchase

accidental microsoft point purchase: so i accidently bought a Magzter GOLD Subscription by accident costing me 3000 points and now i have 1780 points, is there a possible way i could refund it or get my points back?...
  7. Accidental purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental purchase: I bought minecraft dungeons: flames of the nether dlc accidentally how to refund it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidental-purchase/d49b5f50-5116-4ed2-b502-64c81485bc53
  8. Return a game purchased accidentally

Return a game purchased accidentally: How do I return a game I accidentally bought? ***Modified title from: Return*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-a-game-purchased-accidentally/8475b070-ad91-4c0d-aed7-4bea24e38872
  9. Tremors cause accidental double clicks and double letters.

in Windows 10 Support
    Tremors cause accidental double clicks and double letters.: My hands shake. So, when I click on something, I often get an undesired double click and often accidentally double letters when I'm typing. Is there a way to slow my PC's response to clicks and keystrokes by A VERY SMALL AMOUNT so as to ignore the second impulse? I found a...
  10. Refund for accidental purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refund for accidental purchase: Hi: We bought a laptop. I'm not used to it. I accidentally bought an app for a mobile device instead of PC. I am hoping for a refund. I was trying to purchase an offline app, Roget's Thesaurus, and instead bought the one for a mobile device. After that, I thought I was...