Windows 10: Accidental Webcam Driver Deletion

Discus and support Accidental Webcam Driver Deletion in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I got a new Logitech webcam for my Gaming PC but it had a built in mic. I wanted to remove it but didn't know how. I went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jraylor, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Jraylor Win User

Accidental Webcam Driver Deletion

Hello everyone.

I got a new Logitech webcam for my Gaming PC but it had a built in mic. I wanted to remove it but didn't know how. I went into Devices and Printers and deleted the device from the audio section, thinking it'd only delete the audio-input part of the cam, but i proved myself wrong.

If there's anybody out there that has had the same / a similar problem, and had success restoring the driver for the webcam, i'd please like to know how you did, as i have only just got it, thanks.

- Jraylor

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

Jraylor, Dec 25, 2019

2. Webcam Driver Update is Automatically Deleted

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve your issue.

I would suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to rectify the issue.

Step 1:

Un-install/remove all the previous webcam driver software that are located in your PC.

Step 2: Go to Device Manager and follow the procedure below.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, double click and expand Webcam
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Accidental Webcam Driver Deletion

Updating Webcam Drivers

I have an ASUS GL551JW with a built-in webcam. I am having sync issues between the audio and video when I use Camtasia 8.6. The software manufacture told me to check my webcam drivers.

I checked the drivers and they are from 2006. They are Microsoft drivers. I contacted ASUS and they couldn't provide me any information on updated drivers, but they were able to give me the following details about my webcam:

I have been searching online but I'm not finding anything that is helpful for obtaining updated drivers. Maybe there aren't any updated drivers, but I am hoping that they've been updated since 2006.

I have already downloaded the Intel chipset drivers from ASUS. I am not sure if that would include the webcam drivers. That's what ASUS told me to download.

Device Manager lists the webcam as: USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam. I am using Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can someone help me find some updated drivers for this webcam?

P.S. I am planning on buying a "real" webcam in the next couple months, but until then, I need to try to get this one working. Everything works fine on this webcam, and the video is good, it's just out of sync with any recorded audio.

Kenneth R. Jones, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Accidental Webcam Driver Deletion

1. Accidental Webcam Driver Deletion - Similar Threads - Accidental Webcam Driver

2. Reinstall Deleted webcam driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Deleted webcam driver.: Please help, my webcam is not working. And no driver is showing from device manager. I'm using Acer Swift Sf314-41. I tried troubleshooting, scan for hardware devices, add legacy driver, resetting camera and restart device...
  3. Reinstall Deleted webcam driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Deleted webcam driver.: Please help, my webcam is not working. And no driver is showing from device manager. I'm using Acer Swift Sf314-41. I tried troubleshooting, scan for hardware devices, add legacy driver, resetting camera and restart device...
  4. Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall: My device is hp laptop Windows 11. I deleted the inbuilt webcam driver by mistake and now the webcam won't work.The camera driver is missing from device manager so I can't reinstall driver from there. I have already tried: aTroubleshootingbTried"scan for hardware...
  5. Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall

Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall: My device is hp laptop Windows 11. I deleted the inbuilt webcam driver by mistake and now the webcam won't work.The camera driver is missing from device manager so I can't reinstall driver from there. I have already tried: aTroubleshootingbTried"scan for hardware...
  6. Accidentally Delete Sharp Audio Driver

Accidentally Delete Sharp Audio Driver: Hi,I use hdmi cable to connect laptop to Sharp TV, before it worked fine. Then not sure why and how, the audio doesn't automatically switch to TV when it is connected to the TV. I have tried to look at Playback, the SHARP word is there. I accidentally remove it. Now on...
  7. Accidentally Delete Sharp Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally Delete Sharp Audio Driver: Hi,I use hdmi cable to connect laptop to Sharp TV, before it worked fine. Then not sure why and how, the audio doesn't automatically switch to TV when it is connected to the TV. I have tried to look at Playback, the SHARP word is there. I accidentally remove it. Now on...
  8. I deleted my built in webcam accidentally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted my built in webcam accidentally: So i was in device manager and by accidentally uninstalled my built in webcam, everything says to go back into device manager and update it, but its no longer in device manager. Please help and thank you. submitted by /u/Super_Boi_Thicc [link] [comments]...
  9. Accidentally Deleted Bluetooth Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally Deleted Bluetooth Drivers: I have accidentally deleted bluetooth drivers from my computer. I have tried to follow instructions online and I am not successful in doing this. My computer details are HP ALL IN ONE PC SERIAL NO 4CH54239G1 PRODUCT NO G7S60EA#ABU Can you help please...
  10. Accidentally removed/deleted drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Accidentally removed/deleted drivers: Well I can't believe the anguish this has put me through. I foolishly uninstalled my gpu drivers and also clicked the box to delete all files etc. As if that wasnt bad enough I carelessly followed advice I shouldn't have and removed my GPU after retrieving it from 'hidden...