Windows 10: Accidentally bought an oem win10, can i still use it?

Discus and support Accidentally bought an oem win10, can i still use it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was building a computer for my GFs dad and bought all the parts on Newegg. Without realizing it i bought a non-refundable version of windows that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Damnation13, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Accidentally bought an oem win10, can i still use it?

I was building a computer for my GFs dad and bought all the parts on Newegg. Without realizing it i bought a non-refundable version of windows that came in a small white sleeve titled: Win home 10 64-bit english 1pk dsp oei dvd.

Theres red tape on the envelope that warns about opening it if im a system builder and that this is an OEM system builder license.

I dont have a dvd drive in the new computer i am building but i have my win10 usb installation stick from my personal computer.

Would i be able to use the usb with this license i purchased? Im concerned to open the envelope/ concerned i just wasted $110 since it says its unrefundable :/.

Please advise.

submitted by /u/Damnation13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Damnation13, Jul 10, 2020

2. Can I upgrade OEM Win10 Home to Retail Win10 Pro?

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries.

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version
    2. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)
    Thanks for any advice I can get...

BobMac1547x, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Accidentally bought an oem win10, can i still use it?

can i install Win10 OEM in Old hardwear pc ?

can i install Win10 OEM in Old hardwear pc ?

i'm using win10 pirated, it given so many problems

so i think should i upgrade in Win10 OEM system isnt its working fine or not ?

tejasbhavsar, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally bought an oem win10, can i still use it?

1. Accidentally bought an oem win10, can i still use it? - Similar Threads - Accidentally bought oem

2. Getting OEM bind with a used bought motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting OEM bind with a used bought motherboard: I got win 10 home activated without asking for a key. I bought a used motherboardASUS H81M. Does it depends upon good hardware getting better edition or it is a fixed edition by manufacturer? As told its used, is it legal for me to use the oem key used by another person...
  3. Getting OEM bind with a used bought motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting OEM bind with a used bought motherboard: I got win 10 home activated without asking for a key. I bought a used motherboardASUS H81M. Does it depends upon good hardware getting better edition or it is a fixed edition by manufacturer? As told its used, is it legal for me to use the oem key used by another person...
  4. Can I install 2 OS in one OEM laptop with the same OEM Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install 2 OS in one OEM laptop with the same OEM Win10?: As I would prefer doing different tasks in separate environments OS, is it alright if I install 2 OS of Win 10 in one laptop which has a Win10 of OEM ver? will the existing one expire with a new Win 10 installed?Thanks...
  5. Can I install 2 OS in one OEM laptop with the same OEM Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install 2 OS in one OEM laptop with the same OEM Win10?: As I would prefer doing different tasks in separate environments OS, is it alright if I install 2 OS of Win 10 in one laptop which has a Win10 of OEM ver? will the existing one expire with a new Win 10 installed?Thanks...
  6. Can I install 2 OS in one OEM laptop with the same OEM Win10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. OEM WIN10

OEM WIN10: I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Laptop with an OEM WIN10. Now I am planning to sell it with 2 years warranty left. What will happen to the Windows license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-win10/35b29683-88c4-4146-9af7-0188387e2c61
  8. Can I still update Windows 10 if I use an OEM Key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I still update Windows 10 if I use an OEM Key?: Can I still update Windows 10 Pro 1909 to Windows 10 Pro 2004 using an OEM Key? It would be very appreciated if you would be able to help me :) submitted by /u/JerrycHDD [link] [comments]...
  9. Can I upgrade OEM Win10 Home to Retail Win10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I upgrade OEM Win10 Home to Retail Win10 Pro?: Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version. My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to...
  10. win10 oem

win10 oem: Purchaced a OEM DVD of win10 --I am not sure what to look for when looking for the product code. I am accustomed to seeing 4 sets of 5 numbers but do not see the set on this package. 68932