Windows 10: Accidentally bumped my computer, now my audio is completely broken.

Discus and support Accidentally bumped my computer, now my audio is completely broken. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just now I adjusted my chair and lightly hit my computer with my leg. When this happened, I heard an ear-splitting noise and all audio and video froze.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alpacnologia, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Accidentally bumped my computer, now my audio is completely broken.

Just now I adjusted my chair and lightly hit my computer with my leg. When this happened, I heard an ear-splitting noise and all audio and video froze. To restart, I had to pull the plug on the computer and then restart to ensure it worked properly. Upon resuming normal activity, I noticed that all audio no longer happened on the computer. For example, youtube videos would make a single noise as if the device were trying to work, but then failed, and Spotify would quickly go through all the music in any album I clicked on without a sound, as if all the tracks were blank and had a 0 second duration. I'm completely at a loss as to how to fix this - although it is likely a problem with the sound card itself likely being pushed out of place by my errant knee.

:)

alpacnologia, Apr 12, 2020

2. No audio plays at all, playlists get skipped through completely.

Hi there Ethan, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest is to completely remove all the Audio drivers listed in the device manager.

Make sure to tick the box to delete the driver when uninstalling it.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Please do this on all the drivers listed under Audio and then reboot.

FerdinandNanalig, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Accidentally bumped my computer, now my audio is completely broken.

Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally bumped my computer, now my audio is completely broken.

1. Accidentally bumped my computer, now my audio is completely broken. - Similar Threads - Accidentally bumped computer

2. my audio drivers are completely broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my audio drivers are completely broken: I used to have Realtek audio drivers, after a month of my pc being off I Finally got time and went to use my pc i ended up updating the drivers and all of the sudden Realtek is gone and is taken over by High definition audio device although after the update everything was...
  3. my audio drivers are completely broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my audio drivers are completely broken: I used to have Realtek audio drivers, after a month of my pc being off I Finally got time and went to use my pc i ended up updating the drivers and all of the sudden Realtek is gone and is taken over by High definition audio device although after the update everything was...
  4. my audio drivers are completely broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my audio is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my audio is broken: when i wake my pc up from sleep my audio doesn't work and I need to go to windows sound system and do trouble shoot then its fixed I have to do this everytime and how do I fix this please?...
  6. my audio is broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my audio is broken: when i wake my pc up from sleep my audio doesn't work and I need to go to windows sound system and do trouble shoot then its fixed I have to do this everytime and how do I fix this please?...
  7. My taskbar is completely broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar is completely broken: I have been having serious trouble with my taskbar ever since windows last update. The primary monitor taskbar will not appear over ANYTHING. restarting does nothing and my system is fully up to date. I honestly wish I could replace it entirely. I use displayFusion but...
  8. My audio is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My audio is broken: Something is wrong and I can’t seem to fix it I’m using Bluetooth headphones and I want to try and I decide actually I want to use the built in speakers on my laptop but it’s bringing up troubleshooting for speakers and headphones that I plug in and I cannot use the built in...
  9. my computer is completely broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my computer is completely broken: Hello. I recently installed the newest windows update and my computer has completely broken over it. At first, it would just freeze when booting. After trying a few things, it began to crash at the windows logo with the "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" BSOD. All of the advanced...
  10. My Audio is Broken?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Audio is Broken?: Okay so basically, a couple of months back, around October 29th, 2018, I had updated my computer because of a mandatory update that kept reappearing every 50 minutes. When I had finally decided to update it, I had shut off my computer too so it'll update then shut down. The...