Windows 10: Accidentally called back scam number

Discus and support Accidentally called back scam number in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft support,This morning I had a call while i was asleep, and since I was expecting a phone call, I called it back.Uppon answer I heard a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FinalDebt92, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Accidentally called back scam number

Dear Microsoft support,This morning I had a call while i was asleep, and since I was expecting a phone call, I called it back.Uppon answer I heard a "beep" so i hang up.I am pretty over secure with such things so my paranoia is freaking out right now.So I called it back one more time, but this time someone picked up, but seemed to be a normal person this time, so i apologized and hang up.Is there any chance of being hacked or anything bad?I did not give any personal detail any anything, aside first name.

:)

FinalDebt92, Jan 3, 2022
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jan 3, 2022
  3. Jsssssssss, Jan 3, 2022
  4. Time Lady Win User

Accidentally called back scam number

Scam calls

If there’s a phone number listed then you may be able to use the call block function of your phone to block the call.

If unknown number there still may be a way to block all calls between certain hours within your phone settings.

Are the calls arriving on your home phone or mobile?

Which brand of phone are you using? I’ll check.

If you answered the call did you allow them access to your PC or give them any bank or credit card details?

Unfortunately these scam calls are a nuisance, if they clam to be Microsoft then you can report them to MS.

https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/microsoftsecur...

I hope this helps.

Time Lady, Jan 3, 2022
Thema:

Accidentally called back scam number

1. Accidentally called back scam number - Similar Threads - Accidentally called scam

2. scam calling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scam calling: so i went on this website and it said my pc has been locked so i called there number for it and it was a scam number and i went on task manager and ended chrome but the thing is i want to bring this to your attention than not know but can i talk to an agent to resolve my...
  3. scam calling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scam calling: so i went on this website and it said my pc has been locked so i called there number for it and it was a scam number and i went on task manager and ended chrome but the thing is i want to bring this to your attention than not know but can i talk to an agent to resolve my...
  4. Accidentally called back scam number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally called back scam number: Dear Microsoft support,This morning I had a call while i was asleep, and since I was expecting a phone call, I called it back.Uppon answer I heard a "beep" so i hang up.I am pretty over secure with such things so my paranoia is freaking out right now.So I called it back one...
  5. Accidentally called back scam number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally called back scam number: Dear Microsoft support,This morning I had a call while i was asleep, and since I was expecting a phone call, I called it back.Uppon answer I heard a "beep" so i hang up.I am pretty over secure with such things so my paranoia is freaking out right now.So I called it back one...
  6. Scam calls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam calls: Avast and windows defender Virus and fake tech support never do a fake free gift-card just like this this is a scam don't go to it[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scam-calls/96dd9244-d803-48cd-8d88-47d09095ef3a
  7. Scam call..

Scam call..: HAVE BEEN RECEIVING SEVERAL SCAM CALLS LATELY CLAIMING TO BE MICROSOFT AGENTS SAYING THAT MY COMPUTER IS AT RISK OF LOSING ALL OF MY INFORMATION AND THAT I NEED TO CALL THIS NUMBER IMMEDIATELY FOR UPDATES ON DRIVERS ETC. I HAVE TIRED TO CALL BACK BUT NO ONE EVER ANSWERS. THIS...
  8. Scam call

Scam call: I just had a phone call from Microsoft, 855-000-0955, stating that my computer has been compromised. Is this a scam call? Would Microsoft ever call me with this kind of information?...
  9. Scam: Tells my computer is compromised and call a number

Scam: Tells my computer is compromised and call a number: I received an email with a recording telling me my computer was compromised. it gave me a phone number to call and someone helped. his number is 1-877-997-4999. I'm hoping this wasn't a scam. [Original Title: Scam]...
  10. Scam calls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scam calls: Can somebody out there help me PLEASE. The last two nights I have been woken by "this is Microsoft" . The calls came Wednesday 7/11/18 11:30p.m. and 7/12/18 12:15 a.m. Friday 7/13/18 at 12:00a.m. and 12:30 a.m. Help please...