Windows 10: Accidentally changed Display Adapter settings

Discus and support Accidentally changed Display Adapter settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Lenovo IdeaPad that originally came with Windows 7. I recently installedwindows 10. Since I was facing an issue with the graphics card driver I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ManasPurwar, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Accidentally changed Display Adapter settings

I have Lenovo IdeaPad that originally came with Windows 7. I recently installedwindows 10. Since I was facing an issue with the graphics card driver I accidentally changed the Display Adapter fromMicrosoft Basic Display Adapter to Nvidia Legacy Device. I thought that this will resolve my problem. It asked me to restairt. But now every time I open my laptop itstucks at the loading sign and nothing happens!

Please help me!

:)

ManasPurwar, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Display problems with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Hi,

It is possible that you are experiencing an audio and video streaming issues due to a corrupted or an outdated display driver. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us the exact error message you received?
    • Have you tried updating your display drivers?
    • Does this happen only when you're streaming a video?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot Wireless Display Adapters. You may expand each section that best describes your situation and check if the issue still persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Accidentally changed Display Adapter settings

Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally changed Display Adapter settings

1. Accidentally changed Display Adapter settings - Similar Threads - Accidentally changed Display

2. I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER: Hi, I need helps!My PC is a window 10 PC and base on device manager, my PC has 2 display adapter: 1 Intel UHD 770 As I remember 2 NVIDIA RTX 2080 SuperWhile try to get more FPS on gaming performance, I go to search box -> Device Manager then I go to the display adapter...
  3. I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER: Hi, I need helps!My PC is a window 10 PC and base on device manager, my PC has 2 display adapter: 1 Intel UHD 770 As I remember 2 NVIDIA RTX 2080 SuperWhile try to get more FPS on gaming performance, I go to search box -> Device Manager then I go to the display adapter...
  4. I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. changing display adapter

changing display adapter: so when I try to change my AMD display adapter to Microsoft basic display adapter it shows this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-display-adapter/7556be17-76a6-4508-9bb6-2bcae5a60684
  6. Not able to access Display Adapter Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to access Display Adapter Settings: I have trying to access my display settings but I am getting an error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item"I am logged in as an administrator....
  7. Revert Display Adapter Settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert Display Adapter Settings?: Hello All, As I am now working from home the next month or so I connected additional monitors to my work laptop so I'd have more screens. Everything was fine except the one screen was overfilled. When I changed the aspect ratio for this one monitor within the Windows...
  8. Changing display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing display settings: When I turn my HP laptop off and back on, the display setting for duplicate screens changes to show display only on screen 2. The laptop is HDMIed to a Sharp TV. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-display-settings/9c433081-5e0d-4608-b700-1e62f647bfe0
  9. Changing display adapter for monitor

Changing display adapter for monitor: My question In the device manager, as well as in the Advanced Screen Settings, Windows tell me that my external monitor is connected to/run by the least powerful of the two graphics cards in my laptop namely the Intel UHD Graphics 620, my integrated GPU, but I wan't to...
  10. TURN OFF THE ADAPTIVE DISPLAY SETTINGS.

TURN OFF THE ADAPTIVE DISPLAY SETTINGS.: Many of us are experiencing the screen dimming due to the adaptive display setting in windows 10. Rather than following complicate procedures aimed at disabling this option, I found that simply going into DEVICE MANAGER-->SENSORS-->AMBIENT LIGHT...