Windows 10: accidentally changed external drive to esd-usb

Discus and support accidentally changed external drive to esd-usb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Accidentally converted my 1TB external hard drive to a ESD-USB I built a new custom PC and I needed to download Windows 10 for it so I used my Toshiba... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristineDonovan, Aug 9, 2019.

1. accidentally changed external drive to esd-usb

Accidentally converted my 1TB external hard drive to a ESD-USB

I built a new custom PC and I needed to download Windows 10 for it so I used my Toshiba 1TB external hard drive to install the ISO of Windows 10 Home onto it and then install it onto my PC. It all worked and I now have Windows 10 Home on my new PC but my 1TB external hard drive is now a 31.9GB maximum storage external hard drive. How can I revert my hard drive back to having 1TB maximum storage

Is there any way to find all the files I had on it?

:)

ChristineDonovan, Aug 9, 2019

2. Restore previous data before external harddrive was made ESD-USB bootable drive

Hi Ashish,

ESD-USB is only the name of windows installation file and it is on its own disk partition.
    Your data and files are still on the disk but windows can´t see them. When you open the
    Disk Manager you should see empty space behind your ESD-USB. We have found a thread with the same issue as yours, we suggest that you follow the steps given by

Jimzamjimmyy
    on the second page:
    Accidentally Converted External Hard Drive to "ESD-USB".
    His response was created on
    December 31, 2016 and helped 17 people.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Aug 9, 2019
  3. External hard drive changed to esd-usb

While performing window media creation I have converted my external hard drive as bootable usb device (esd-usb). I couldn't recover my files in the hard drive . Need help

Vigneshkumar03, Aug 9, 2019
  4. grahambm Win User

accidentally changed external drive to esd-usb

Accidentally Converted External Hard Drive to "ESD-USB"

Just went to use my backup external USB drive. 300Gb. Says it is 32GB and called ESD-USB.

Can't for the life of me recall how that got onto this drive.

The drive had Macrium backups that I had made prior to installing OS on two computers. Maybe the contents of that drive should have been written to a USB thumb drive for recovery purposes.

Should I just delete the partition, format and start afresh? I want to backup each of our systems again.

grahambm, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

accidentally changed external drive to esd-usb

1. accidentally changed external drive to esd-usb - Similar Threads - accidentally changed external

2. Is this esd usb normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this esd usb normal: Hey recently I tried installing a new Windows from a bootable drive but after flashing the iso through the media installer it showed this logo instead of the normal one does this affect my Windows installation on another PC or is it okI did go through the installation by...
  3. Is this esd usb normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this esd usb normal: Hey recently I tried installing a new Windows from a bootable drive but after flashing the iso through the media installer it showed this logo instead of the normal one does this affect my Windows installation on another PC or is it okI did go through the installation by...
  4. ESD-USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESD-USB: I have installed windows on an external hard drive it had very old photos, when i tried accessing the hard drive again after i have installed windows all the photos and data have been erased and the hard drive name has been changed to ESD-USB format... what do i do to...
  5. ESD-USB

ESD-USB: I have installed windows on an external hard drive it had very old photos, when i tried accessing the hard drive again after i have installed windows all the photos and data have been erased and the hard drive name has been changed to ESD-USB format... what do i do to...
  6. External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition: A day or go I got a pop up on my windows pc that asked me what I wanted to do with the storage on an external hard drive I was using. I clicked on an option that seemed to be the one where it would keep the hard drive as is but now it wont appear under devices and drives. It...
  7. External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition

External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition: A day or go I got a pop up on my windows pc that asked me what I wanted to do with the storage on an external hard drive I was using. I clicked on an option that seemed to be the one where it would keep the hard drive as is but now it wont appear under devices and drives. It...
  8. External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. external disk data loss -ESD-USB F:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external disk data loss -ESD-USB F:: trying to download win 10 in my 2TB external disk, I ended up with an... ESD-USB F: with 31.9 GB -- What can I do? Thanks for any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-disk-data-loss-esd-usb-f/d726e03e-9ccf-4ac5-9e40-184f3b45aec9"
  10. How do I revert an external hard drive after converting to ESD-USB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I revert an external hard drive after converting to ESD-USB?: I used my 500 GB external hard drive to externally install Windows on a computer. I didn't know that would reformat all my files on the hard drive and make them disappear. Using EaseUS Data Recovery, I got my files back and they are safety saved. However, my external...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally made external harddrive esd

2. i had a data in external drive but i converted into esd-usb now unable to see data

3. i accidently reset disk usb drive and now nothing is on it

4. accidently converted external hardrive to esd usb,
  5. windows upgrade clobbered external hard drive and renamed it esd-usb,
  6. restore esd-usb hard drive windows 10,
  7. accidentally changed external drive into recovery drive,
  8. my hardrive changed into esd usb,
  9. seagate external storage turned into esd usb,
  10. reverting my hard drive from esd usb