Windows 10: Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest

Discus and support Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,As the subject suggests, I accidentally changed my only admin account to guest today. The account is also my Microsoft account, and I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thomas_979, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest

Hello,As the subject suggests, I accidentally changed my only admin account to guest today. The account is also my Microsoft account, and I don't have any other accounts on my computer. So I ended up with only a guest account and can't use my laptop to its full potential. Since I'm not the admin anymore, I can't simply make a recovery or create a new admin account. I'm really desperate. What should I do in such case?Thanks

:)

Thomas_979, Sep 7, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Sep 7, 2021
  3. decimus Win User
    Managing guest account as administrator

That's what I was looking for. Thanks!

decimus, Sep 7, 2021
  4. tsram90 Win User

Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest

1. Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest - Similar Threads - Accidentally changed Administrator

2. How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??: Hi I accidentally change my account administrator into an account standard and i don't know how to change it back , i literally do anything, and nothing is working. And i don't have an another account on my computer. I really don't know what to do , pls help !!!...
  3. Changing guest account to administrator account

Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  4. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  5. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account: I accidentally switched my admin account to a guest account so now I want to get it to an admin account but when I try to open the command promptadmin or change settings, my pc ask for administrator permission but I can't allow it because now my account is a guest. And also I...
  7. I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account: I accidentally switched my admin account to a guest account so now I want to get it to an admin account but when I try to open the command promptadmin or change settings, my pc ask for administrator permission but I can't allow it because now my account is a guest. And also I...
  8. Change Administrator Guest

Change Administrator Guest: Ran net user in cmd and noticed that the Administrator was set to guest. Went to setting and check if I was the only admin visible and I am. Guest account is not visible. How do I change that admin slot from Guest to my admin log in?? Thanks for the help, Ty....
  9. Can't Login as Administrator, Only Guest

Can't Login as Administrator, Only Guest: I am logged in only as guest. I can't find any options to log in as admin. Can't update apps, or even start in safe mode. I've researched several posts about this with no definitive answer. I came across a Microsoft community post saying that this occurred with a user after...
  10. Managing guest account as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing guest account as administrator: I created a standard guest account with restricted access to settings. Now I would like to do some personalization tweaks on that account (add profile picture, edit input languages and layouts etc). I can't do that when logged in as a guest. Is there a way to configure the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account