Windows 10: Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest

Discus and support Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,As the subject suggests, I accidentally changed my only admin account to guest today. The account is also my Microsoft account, and I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thomas_979, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest

Hello,As the subject suggests, I accidentally changed my only admin account to guest today. The account is also my Microsoft account, and I don't have any other accounts on my computer. So I ended up with only a guest account and can't use my laptop to its full potential. Since I'm not the admin anymore, I can't simply make a recovery or create a new admin account. I'm really desperate. What should I do in such case?Thanks

:)

Thomas_979, Sep 7, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Sep 7, 2021
  3. decimus Win User
    Managing guest account as administrator

That's what I was looking for. Thanks!

decimus, Sep 7, 2021
  4. tsram90 Win User

Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest

1. Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest - Similar Threads - Accidentally changed Administrator

2. Change Administrator Guest

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Administrator Guest: Ran net user in cmd and noticed that the Administrator was set to guest. Went to setting and check if I was the only admin visible and I am. Guest account is not visible. How do I change that admin slot from Guest to my admin log in?? Thanks for the help, Ty....
  3. i have accidentally changed my administrator account to standard account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i have accidentally changed my administrator account to standard account: respected sir , i have accidentally changed my administrator account to a standard account and now when i try to sign in and enter the password it says wrong password so i sign in by using 3 questions. i dont have the administrator account . what can i do plz help...
  4. Accidentally deleted administrator account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted administrator account: I was trying to change the name on my mother's administrator's account (where she is the administrator), and I have somehow erased her administrator account altogether. The only account remaining is mine, which is a local, non-administrator account. I've gone to Control Panel...
  5. Can't Login as Administrator, Only Guest

Can't Login as Administrator, Only Guest: I am logged in only as guest. I can't find any options to log in as admin. Can't update apps, or even start in safe mode. I've researched several posts about this with no definitive answer. I came across a Microsoft community post saying that this occurred with a user after...
  6. Windows 10 only account somehow changed to guest account

Windows 10 only account somehow changed to guest account: Hello im running windows 10 that is updated and i recently ran into a problem where my account says its a guest account and after i log in i cant access anything that requires admin. When i try to access user settings in control panel it asks for admin password which i know...
  7. My Account is shown as Local, accidentally changed from Administrator :(

My Account is shown as Local, accidentally changed from Administrator :(: I cannot make any changes or remove Apps. I have two Account. My Account to startup with shows as only Local.... How do I make it Administrator? I cannot add or remove anything. Help.......
  8. Managing guest account as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing guest account as administrator: I created a standard guest account with restricted access to settings. Now I would like to do some personalization tweaks on that account (add profile picture, edit input languages and layouts etc). I can't do that when logged in as a guest. Is there a way to configure the...
  9. accidentally removed administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    accidentally removed administrator account: now i have no access i can't even open settings i tried a lot of solutions but they were all useless so please help and thank you...
  10. Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account: I'm unsure if this is the proper section of the forum, but here goes. I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first was released. I had no issues initially. Randomly, my computer chose to log me in to a temporary profile. I was unable to access my files or pictures, and no amount of...