Windows 10: Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive

Discus and support Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My ssd is slowly filling up so as a way to free up a little bit of space I thought I'd move the screenshot folder to my D drive(which is a hard drive).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThilankaDR, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive

My ssd is slowly filling up so as a way to free up a little bit of space I thought I'd move the screenshot folder to my D drive(which is a hard drive). But when doing this, instead of selecting a folder I selected the drive itself. So now all the screenshots are making a mess of my drive and I don't no how to make the screenshots save to a folder.

:)

ThilankaDR, Sep 26, 2019
  2. JREnglish Win User

My Documents file location set to a second drive. Unable to change file location back.

After installing a second drive I wanted to change the file location of 'Documents'. To do this I went the file properties to change its location from a file on drive C to a file on drive D. However I accidentally select drive D itself instead of the file
    within it. Now I cannot change the location of 'Documents', nor can I restore its default location. When I attempt to do so I receive this message: "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information". Access is denied."

Looking for any help available.

JREnglish, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 26, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive

Accidentally saved my documents folder to the Hard drive (DAccidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive :) without a location

This is a common enough occurrence, here is how to put your My Documents back into a folder:

• Open Windows File Explorer, create a folder called My Documents on your D Drive
    • Put whatever files and folder should be in your My Documents folder into that folder
    • Click on Quick Access on the left hand side of File Explorer
    • On the right hand side right click the My Documents Library Folder and select Properties
    • Select the Location Tab and Type D:\My Documents as the location
    • When asked if you want to Merge Contents - select No

I hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive

1. Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive - Similar Threads - Accidentally changed screenshot

2. Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 but not Screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 but not Screenshots: There have been many discussions about changing the default location of Saves in the Snipping Tool but they all apply to Screenshots, too. I like that if I do a screenshot Windows+PrintScrn it goes into the Screenshots folder. However, I use the Snipping Tool often to capture...
  3. Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 but not Screenshots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 but not Screenshots: There have been many discussions about changing the default location of Saves in the Snipping Tool but they all apply to Screenshots, too. I like that if I do a screenshot Windows+PrintScrn it goes into the Screenshots folder. However, I use the Snipping Tool often to capture...
  4. Accidental change of security settings on D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental change of security settings on D drive: Hello. I accidentally kicked on Deny permissions for my C drive and now I can't access it. Can anyone help me undo my ridiculous mistakeplease?...
  5. Accidental change of security settings on D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental change of security settings on D drive: Hello. I accidentally kicked on Deny permissions for my C drive and now I can't access it. Can anyone help me undo my ridiculous mistakeplease?...
  6. Can't set D drive as default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set D drive as default save location: I'm trying to set my D drive as my default for installing apps but keep getting an error 0x80073d0e [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-d-drive-as-default-save-location/6b331c2f-20ea-4237-8e4e-788bc4157660
  7. How to save a screenshot to the desired location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to save a screenshot to the desired location?: I've taken a screenshot and then it saves to the screenshots folder. This folder is located on my SSD. I know a screenshot doesn't take up much room but is there any way that I could have it automatically save to the desired location? submitted by /u/Zach_Zach_700 [link]...
  8. i accidentally changed the location of my screenshots directly to the D drive and not a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i accidentally changed the location of my screenshots directly to the D drive and not a folder: [ATTACH]i tried to move the location of my screenshots folder from C drive to D but i accidentally forgot to choose a folder on where to save it and so it saves it directly to my D drive and i have to manually move it everytime...
  9. Windows 10 screenshot save location

Windows 10 screenshot save location: I did a debloat from farag2 github project and after that my screenshot save location is somehow changed. I want to change it to default loction that is Pictures>>Screenshots. I googled it and it provided to go to properties of Screenshots folder and change from the Location...
  10. Change default save location to a network drive

Change default save location to a network drive: I know how to change the default save location in settings, but it only gives me options for the C/D drive and usb drives. I would like to change the default location to our network drive, where all files are saved. Is there any way to do this? submitted by /u/rellogic...