Windows 10: accidentally changed SID ProfileList in regedit without using another administrator account

Discus and support accidentally changed SID ProfileList in regedit without using another administrator account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So the chronology, I want to change the name of the users file, I have created another administrator account. but I forgot the switch to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nikicp, Jun 4, 2020.

1. nikicp Win User

accidentally changed SID ProfileList in regedit without using another administrator account

So the chronology, I want to change the name of the users file, I have created another administrator account. but I forgot the switch to the administrator account that I made earlier. so I changed SID ProfileList using my main administrator account. after changing the value data in the ProfileList, immediately a bug or error I do not know what this is happening. I see the mail in the taskbar disappears, and also when opening the start and scroll app list, its look like not responding. and I also can't use windows search. I have read about renaming user accounts on the Microsoft site, it says "If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system" can someone help me how to fix it? is there any other way besides reinstalling?

This is link youtube that i recorded where is the problem

:)

nikicp, Jun 4, 2020
  2. TakeCVI Win User

Profilelist missing in regedit

When i want to use my laptop, i cant login into my laptop then this happen :

The user profile service failed the sign-in
    User profile cannot be loaded

And then my friend told me to edit "profilelist" in regedit, but there's nothing in my "profilelist"

How to fix it?

TakeCVI, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Administrator account prevents me from reverting Windows 10 to 8.1

Administrator account prevents Windows 10 rollback

Use one of the solutions below and then try again to rollback.

Solution 1

Source Roll Back of Windows 10

Solution 2

Source Go back to Windows 7 with User account issue

DavidPostill, Jun 4, 2020
  4. accidentally changed SID ProfileList in regedit without using another administrator account

Change User Name Folders

This involves using the command line to access the security identifier (SID) then making the necessary change in the Registry. Before you go any further, enable then log into the built-in Administrator account. As a precaution, create a system restore
    point in advance.

Open Start

Type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator /active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

To access all the information within the SID requires using the Windows Management Instrumentation Command line to reveal the value needed to find and change it in the Registry. Open the command prompt with Administrator privileges, type: wmic user account
    list full then hit Enter. Scroll down then take note of the SID values for the account you want to change.

Type: cls to clear the screen. The next step is to rename the account. Doing this from the command line is just as easy.

Type CD c:\users then hit Enter.

Type: rename OldAccountName NewAccountName

For example, rename “Angry Dah Cosof” “Angela Brown”

Open Start, type: regedit

Right-click Regedit.

Click Run as administrator.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

Remember that SID value we accessed earlier? Now is the time to reference it.

Once you find it, select it, then double-click the value ProfileImagePath. You will see the old name we had earlier is still there. Change it to the new name you want to use.

Source:
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-account...

Andre for Directly, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

accidentally changed SID ProfileList in regedit without using another administrator account

1. accidentally changed SID ProfileList in regedit without using another administrator account - Similar Threads - accidentally changed SID

2. How to change administrator without the administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change administrator without the administrator account: Hi!I have some difficulties at work. Normally, or like on the other computers my IT-coworker is the administrator, but not on the one I have. The administrator on this program doesn't work here anymore, and she is deleted from the firm. We've tried to contact support at the...
  3. How to change administrator without the administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change administrator without the administrator account: Hi!I have some difficulties at work. Normally, or like on the other computers my IT-coworker is the administrator, but not on the one I have. The administrator on this program doesn't work here anymore, and she is deleted from the firm. We've tried to contact support at the...
  4. Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest: Hello,As the subject suggests, I accidentally changed my only admin account to guest today. The account is also my Microsoft account, and I don't have any other accounts on my computer. So I ended up with only a guest account and can't use my laptop to its full potential....
  5. Accidently changed SID ProfileList Value Path. Unable to access my Profile. Please help.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidently changed SID ProfileList Value Path. Unable to access my Profile. Please help.: I wanted to change the name of the users file but I did not create any restore point. So, I changed SID ProfileList using my main administrator account. I changed the value path for all the files in the list. Now, I am unable to access my profile. I am signed in to a...
  6. Accidentally removed my administrator and don't have another account with administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally removed my administrator and don't have another account with administrator: Help submitted by /u/BlocogElonMusk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrua5k/accidentally_removed_my_administrator_and_dont/
  7. Accidentally deleted administrator account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted administrator account: I was trying to change the name on my mother's administrator's account (where she is the administrator), and I have somehow erased her administrator account altogether. The only account remaining is mine, which is a local, non-administrator account. I've gone to Control Panel...
  8. Profilelist missing in regedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Profilelist missing in regedit: When i want to use my laptop, i cant login into my laptop then this happen : The user profile service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded And then my friend told me to edit "profilelist" in regedit, but there's nothing in my "profilelist" How to fix it?...
  9. accidentally removed administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    accidentally removed administrator account: now i have no access i can't even open settings i tried a lot of solutions but they were all useless so please help and thank you...
  10. Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account: I'm unsure if this is the proper section of the forum, but here goes. I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first was released. I had no issues initially. Randomly, my computer chose to log me in to a temporary profile. I was unable to access my files or pictures, and no amount of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accodentally changed profile list username