Windows 10: Accidentally Cleaned my USB Through Diskpart

Discus and support Accidentally Cleaned my USB Through Diskpart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Earlier today I was trying to format one of my partitions with my usb plugged in through diskpart but instead bricked my usb. I used diskpart clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Retr0Thief, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Accidentally Cleaned my USB Through Diskpart

Earlier today I was trying to format one of my partitions with my usb plugged in through diskpart but instead bricked my usb. I used diskpart clean thinking the 30gb disk was my partition for some reason but it was actually my 30gb usb. I tried formatting it through the file explorer on another computer but it failed and says unknown capacity. I looked for solutions and checked my disk management to look for unallocated space but theres nothing there. Is there anything I can do to unbrick my usb?

submitted by /u/Retr0Thief
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Retr0Thief, Feb 21, 2020

2. DISKPART CLEAN

Hello

I'm Peter F independent Advisor

You will get this error when you are using diskpart clean command on system disk. The system disk contains the Windows operating system files and other critical files, if you are allowed to clean the system disk, all the data and partitions will be gone. That
    will result in a lot of errors and chaos. Meanwhile, the delete volume is greyed out in Disk Management. In this case, the new SSD drive may be regarded as the system disk due to the system files, etc.

Using Windows installation disc to clean

If you have the Windows installation disc, you can follow these steps to solve clean is not allowed issue in Windows 7/8/10:

1. Insert the Windows installation disc, then boot from it.

2. Click Repair your computer> Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.

3. Then input the diskpart commands to clean hard disk:

diskpart

list disk

select disk [disknumber]

clean

Diskpart Clean

Then you could create a new partition on the drive to solve this problem.

Reference

https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/virtual...

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Feb 21, 2020
  3. ClarenceE Win User
    Diskpart: the clean function fails to clean usb drive

When using the Diskpart function to clean a usb drive, the utility fails to complete the clean function giving the error message that is followed by not being able to access the drive.

I then must do the create partition primary command and that works. From there on I am able to select the partition 1, format in fat32, assign and exit.

I would like to know how to get the Clean command in the Diskpart utility to work properly.

By the way, note that the usb/s that I do this only all check out with regard to having no disk errors and the usb/s do not have a write protect on them.

Thank you for your help in advance.

On 23 Oct 2017, the Microsoft Community Team asked if this inquiry was solved so I am posting here that nobody has responded to this question, except the one post from lacrumb below that suggested I repost in another place, which I did.

The new Fall Creators update went well, but the clean function internal to Diskpart still throws back the unable to access disk message. When I enter the create partition primary, it is created, but again the clean command throws back the same response and
    it all starts again, meaning I can create a partition primary and even use the USB thumb drive.

ClarenceE, Feb 21, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Accidentally Cleaned my USB Through Diskpart

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally Cleaned my USB Through Diskpart

1. Accidentally Cleaned my USB Through Diskpart - Similar Threads - Accidentally Cleaned USB

2. i have accidentally cleaned my bitlocked partition through diskpart. How may i recover my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have accidentally cleaned my bitlocked partition through diskpart. How may i recover my...: I have a external hard disk, it was protected through bitlocked. I have accidentally cleaned and formatted that hard disk through diskpart of windows. How may i recover my data?...
  3. i have accidentally cleaned my bitlocked partition through diskpart. How may i recover my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have accidentally cleaned my bitlocked partition through diskpart. How may i recover my...: I have a external hard disk, it was protected through bitlocked. I have accidentally cleaned and formatted that hard disk through diskpart of windows. How may i recover my data?...
  4. Accidentally wiped my Operating System drive with diskpart clean all command

Accidentally wiped my Operating System drive with diskpart clean all command: I was using the command prompt diskpart clean all command to wipe an SSD. When it finished cleaning that disk, I accidentally hit enter again and the "clean all" command started once more. I didn't feel like waiting hours again for it to finish so I googled how to stop a...
  5. Diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diskpart clean: Hello,I recently used clean command in diskpart and it is the only drive in my laptop and i installed windows in it. How do i get the files back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-clean/d5d23cc0-1366-4054-b1ee-8645fa015585
  6. Diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart clean: Hello,I recently used clean command in diskpart and it is the only drive in my laptop and i installed windows in it. How do i get the files back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-clean/d5d23cc0-1366-4054-b1ee-8645fa015585
  7. Diskpart clean

8. Unable to clean usb using diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to clean usb using diskpart: Yesterday I encountered an error that when using diskpart i was unable to clean my usb drive, I searched the internet for answers but any answer can't fix up my problem, so can anyone help me?[ATTACH]...
  9. Diskpart Clean USB Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Diskpart Clean USB Problem: I recently created a bootable USB device for Windows 10 then did these steps I found on the web: Plug in the flash drive. At a command prompt run: diskpart List disk (Enter) Select disk (number of flash drive) (Press Enter) Clean (It will wipe the drive completely, including...
  10. DISKPART CLEAN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISKPART CLEAN: Why won't diskpart clean work on my laptop? Thank you [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-clean/14acc163-1e60-4373-8363-c5942ae68e51

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pendrive accidentaly cleaned by diskpart

2. accidentally cleaned flash on diskpart

3. accidentally cleaned windows 10 installation usb

4. by mistake cleaned my drive through diskpart\