Windows 10: Accidentally clicked "Allow Organization to Manage Device" while downloading Skype for...

Discus and support Accidentally clicked "Allow Organization to Manage Device" while downloading Skype for... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, sorry this is long I recently downloaded Skype for Business 2016 from the Microsoft app store on my Windows 10 Home and accidentally checked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 4oclock, Sep 27, 2020.

1. 4oclock Win User

Accidentally clicked "Allow Organization to Manage Device" while downloading Skype for...

Hello, sorry this is long

I recently downloaded Skype for Business 2016 from the Microsoft app store on my Windows 10 Home and accidentally checked the box for "allow organization to manage device" while logging in. I didn't think anything was going to happen but....

Next day when I turned the laptop on, the first thing I saw on the sign-in screen was a prompt to change my password because "my organization" wants me to change it to a 6 digit number. I changed it just so I can log in. Once logged in, I tried to change my windows hello pin again but wasn't even allowed to it was grayed out.

To solve that, I searched google and followed what was said in this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/accidentally-clicked-allow-my-organization-to/528a0e3f-1642-4b88-9732-f35ecf644da4?page=1

I removed the credentials related to the university email I used for skype, restarted the computer and was finally given the option to change my pin again i.e. it was no longer greyed out in my settings.

BUT one problem remained: I still had the pin complexity thing set by "my organization" which I'm guessing is my university?. So I still couldn't change my pin back to the 4 digit number that it used to be this is my father's laptop and he wants the pin to be 4 digits.

So I searched google again and was given two options:

1 change the pin complexity through the Local Group Policy Editor thingy. But I can't because this is a Windows Home not a Windows Pro. The policy editor thing just doesn't exist on this laptop.

so my only option is 2 change pin complexity through the Registry. I CAN do this, I just have to be careful, but I'm still worried and that's why I'm posting this.

I'm worried because I noticed that every time I log in with that university email which is different than the administrator email, the option to change my Windows Hello Pin is greyed out AGAIN. So I have to disconnect it from the laptop and then the pin thing works again etc etc...

SO...does that mean if I change the pin complexity requirements in the registry, restart my computer, change the pin back to 4 digits then once again log in to skype using my university email, am i gonna be asked, ONCE AGAIN, to change my pin to 6 digits after i shut down and turn on the computer like what happened the very first time refer to first paragraph ?? Do you get what I mean? Am I going to end up doing all that for nothing and going back to square one? I don't wanna test it out...especially since this is not my laptop...and you shouldn't be playing around in the registry. So what do you advise I do?

All I truly want is for this "organization" to get off the laptop, to stop "managing the device". Make it go away! Undo the changes it did to the laptop!!

I uninstalled and reinstalled skype, nothing happened

Thank you. Sorry that was a very long post.

I would very much appreciate some help please.

:)

4oclock, Sep 27, 2020
  2. 4oclock Win User

Accidentally clicked "Allow Organization to Manage Device" while downloading Skype for Business (2016) - pin complexity

Hello, (sorry this is long)

I recently downloaded Skype for Business (2016) from the Microsoft app store on my Windows 10 (Home) and accidentally checked the box for "allow organization to manage device" while logging in. I didn't think anything was going to happen but....

Next day when I turned the laptop on, the first thing I saw on the sign-in screen was a prompt to change my password because "my organization" wants me to change it to a 6 digit number. I changed it just so I can log in. Once logged in, I tried to change
    my windows hello pin again but wasn't even allowed to (it was grayed out).

To solve that, I searched google and followed what was said in this post: Accidentally clicked "Allow my organization to manage my device" in OneNote.

I removed the credentials related to the university email I used for skype, restarted the computer and was finally given the option to change my pin again (i.e. it was no longer greyed out in my settings).

BUT one problem remained: I still had the pin complexity thing (set by "my organization") (which I'm guessing is my university?). So I still couldn't change my pin back to the 4 digit number that it used to be (this is my father's laptop and he wants the
    pin to be 4 digits).

So I searched google again and was given two options:

1) change the pin complexity through the Local Group Policy Editor thingy. But I can't because this is a Windows Home not a Windows Pro. The policy editor thing just doesn't exist on this laptop.

so my only option is 2) change pin complexity through the Registry. I CAN do this, I just have to be careful, but I'm still worried and that's why I'm posting this.

I'm worried because I noticed that every time I log in with that university email (which is different than the administrator email), the option to change my Windows Hello Pin is greyed out AGAIN. So I have to disconnect it from the laptop and then
    the pin thing works again etc etc...

SO...does that mean if I change the pin complexity requirements in the registry, restart my computer, change the pin back to 4 digits then once again log in to skype using my university email, am i gonna be asked, ONCE AGAIN, to change my pin to
    6 digits after i shut down and turn on the computer like what happened the very first time (refer to first paragraph) ??
    Do you get what I mean? Am I going to end up doing all that for nothing and going back to square one? I don't wanna test it out...especially
    since this is not my laptop...and you shouldn't be playing around in the registry. So what do you advise I do?

All I truly want is for this "organization" to get off the laptop, to stop "managing the device". Make it go away! Undo the changes it did to the laptop!!

(I uninstalled and reinstalled skype, nothing happened)

Thank you. Sorry that was a very long post.

I would very much appreciate some help please.

4oclock, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Dean213 Win User
    Accidentally clicked "Allow my organization to manage my device" in Teams

I've been working from home for a few months and recently needed to re-sign in to my Microsoft Teams app using my work credentials. I mistakenly blasted through the prompts and left the "Allow my organization to manage my device" box checked. This introduced
    a couple of problems:

1. I do NOT want my work to have ANY access to my device

2. Now when I try to unlock my device, the four-digit PIN I've been using for years is no longer good enough and needs to be changed by "my organization". I use a four-digit simple PIN as a small-step lock that is easy for me to type in. Upgrading to a six-digit
    PIN or a traditional account password as my primary unlocking does not suit my needs.

I've been able to remove my work account from my Windows profile and signed into Teams again, this time leaving the box unchecked. However, even after rebooting, the PIN entry issue persists. I'm now concerned I don't have the necessary privacy and control
    over my own device that I used to have.

Dean213, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Accidentally clicked "Allow Organization to Manage Device" while downloading Skype for...

skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally clicked "Allow Organization to Manage Device" while downloading Skype for...

1. Accidentally clicked "Allow Organization to Manage Device" while downloading Skype for... - Similar Threads - Accidentally clicked Allow

2. "Allow my organization to manage my device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Allow my organization to manage my device": Hello,I am confused about the “Allow my organization to manage my device” setting, or how work/school accounts work in general. If I sign in through my work account on my home computer, will they be able to see what I do? What can they change or see on my device?It would be...
  3. "Allow my organization to manage my device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Allow my organization to manage my device": Hello,I am confused about the “Allow my organization to manage my device” setting, or how work/school accounts work in general. If I sign in through my work account on my home computer, will they be able to see what I do? What can they change or see on my device?It would be...
  4. Device & Browser managed by organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device & Browser managed by organization: I've had a problem recently where i've lost access to some settings that i need to use, It says my computer is being managed by my school organization and ive tried ways to remove it but nothings working, Group policy editor and command prompt, I dont think they could help on...
  5. Accidently clicked "allow organization to manage mydevice" for WORD and now it keeps...

Accidently clicked "allow organization to manage mydevice" for WORD and now it keeps...: How do I stop my organization from managing my device? The computer is logged in with a personal account but I used my school email to sign in with WORD and removing the school account from the computer doesn't fix it....
  6. Allow my organization to manage my device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow my organization to manage my device: Hello Everyone, I have a question, currently my work IT requested that in Microsoft Teams installed on my PC to check "Allow my organization to manage my device". Noting that I do not have the pass for this Microsoft Teams account, since the IT input it whenever MS Teams...
  7. Accidentally clicked "Allow Organization to Manage Device" while downloading Skype for...

Accidentally clicked "Allow Organization to Manage Device" while downloading Skype for...: Hello, sorry this is long I recently downloaded Skype for Business 2016 from the Microsoft app store on my Windows 10 Home and accidentally checked the box for "allow organization to manage device" while logging in. I didn't think anything was going to happen but.... Next...
  8. What is "Allow my organization to manage my device"?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What is "Allow my organization to manage my device"?: I recently signed in with my work account and I was prompted with this. Can my organization wipe my data and control Windows settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-allow-my-organization-to-manage-my-device/231ab7ea-1acb-4b03-9f63-3e8350279388
  9. Accidentally clicked "Allow my organization to manage my device" in Teams

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally clicked "Allow my organization to manage my device" in Teams: I've been working from home for a few months and recently needed to re-sign in to my Microsoft Teams app using my work credentials. I mistakenly blasted through the prompts and left the "Allow my organization to manage my device" box checked. This introduced a couple of...
  10. Delete organization management of device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delete organization management of device: When I installed my companies e-mail adress to get Microsoft Office on my personal pc, I left the "allow the organisation to manage my device" button checked. A few moments later, my pc forced me to restart and change my pincode, because the organisation has made some rules...