Windows 10: Accidentally clicked on an AD on PH site

Discus and support Accidentally clicked on an AD on PH site in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear support, I do realize this might not be the best place to ask. But since i am pretty paranoid atm i feel like i got no choice. I accidentally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FinalDebt92, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Accidentally clicked on an AD on PH site

Dear support,

I do realize this might not be the best place to ask.
    But since i am pretty paranoid atm i feel like i got no choice.

I accidentally pressed an ad on PH while scrolling on my phone.
    And it loaded up an page which i instantly pressed away.
    I just do not know if i am safe or not.

I used incognito mode and my chrome is on highest security mode and didn't block the site uppon loading.
    Also i use Kaspersky security which even with a full scan didn't found any threats.
    I just want to be sure if i am safe or not.

In addition i will add the link associated to the ad for if anyone could make sure.

https://as.2020mustang.com/as/c?p=****&at=a&al=&stno=2-630-1316-8085-0-0-3324-5434-3&u=livehdcams.com/cam/JessycaAraya/;AFNO=1-610111

And it redirects to..

https://livehdcams.com/cam/JessycaAraya/?AFNO=1-610111&name=JessycaAraya&stno=2-630-1316-8085-0-0-3324-5434-3&utm_campaign=&utm_content=5434&utm_medium=&utm_source=630

I also checked the link in googles safe browsing URL check.
    And it didn't show any threats.

P.s. Yes i do understand the links might have censored text due to community rules.

I just hope someone can assist me and confirm if i am safe or not to ease my paranoia.

Thanks in advance,
    Blaze.

:)

FinalDebt92, Feb 26, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 26, 2021
  3. knickii Win User
    how to reset suggestion dictionary windows 10 phone or delete a suggestion i added accidentally

Hi,

I'd accidentally added few words to the dictionary, they are all incorrect spelling. How to I delete these words that I added accidentally, or reset the suggestion dictionary all together.

I'm using windows 10 mobile.

knickii, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Accidentally clicked on an AD on PH site

Windows 10 Share on right click

I recently right clicked on a sensitive file and instead of clicking on Open with, accidentally clicked on the Share button. The following window popped up:

Accidentally clicked on an AD on PH site [​IMG]

I immediately pressed the Esc key and the window disappeared. Does this window automatically share the file with the contacts listed in this window? Or would I have had to select a contact and go through additional steps to actually share the file? I'm worried that I've shared sensitive financial information with contacts that really shouldn't have seen them.

commodorejim, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally clicked on an AD on PH site

1. Accidentally clicked on an AD on PH site - Similar Threads - Accidentally clicked site

2. Accidentally Clicked "Not a Fan" on Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Clicked "Not a Fan" on Lockscreen: Twice now I've accidentally hit "not a fan" on the lockscreen. Is there any way to reset the lockscreen to get those images back? I know how to download them as .jpg, but I don't want them just sitting on my HDD, I want them back in rotation on the lockscreen. Is there a way...
  3. Accidentally Clicked "Not a Fan" on Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally Clicked "Not a Fan" on Lockscreen: Twice now I've accidentally hit "not a fan" on the lockscreen. Is there any way to reset the lockscreen to get those images back? I know how to download them as .jpg, but I don't want them just sitting on my HDD, I want them back in rotation on the lockscreen. Is there a way...
  4. Accidentally Clicked "Not a Fan" on Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Accidentally clicked PH ad

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally clicked PH ad: Dear support, I do realize this might not be the best place to ask. But since i am pretty paranoid atm i feel like i got no choice. I accidentally pressed an ad on PH while scrolling on my phone. And it loaded up an page which i instantly pressed away. I just do not...
  6. Accidentally accessed unsecure site

Accidentally accessed unsecure site: Dear support. I accidentally accessed an unsecure site by typing the site i wanted to go to wrong. And since i am pretty paranoid when it comes to safety. I am a little worried. I immediately typed the site in the search bar again after seeing the "" at the securr...
  7. Accidentally clicked an ad that gave me a pop up.

Accidentally clicked an ad that gave me a pop up.: Hello, I forgot what website it was but it gave me a popup about my computer being blocked on the website. I panicked and clicked the "leave now" option on the pop-up since it wouldn't let me click the actual X on the tab and it closed the browser for me. I'm really nervous...
  8. Accidentally clicked the wrong setting!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally clicked the wrong setting!: Hi can anyone help me please, I was downloading a link for a mod for fallout new vegas from a site on google chrome the issue is when i clicked the link and the pop up to choose the location for the download etc.. I accidentally clicked so that it ALWAYS downloads and...
  9. FAKE AD LEADS TO MALWARE SITE

FAKE AD LEADS TO MALWARE SITE: In a Bing search, I came across an online ad which lists our company name, our web address and other info about our company. Click on the ad and you will be redirected to somewhere else. We did not place any online ads. To whom would I direct an inquiry?...
  10. ccleaner ad before going to site

in Browsers and Email
    ccleaner ad before going to site: I use ccleaner for my home page on both firefox and chrome lately click on home button just brings up ad to add ccleaner to firefox and chrome how do I stop that, I cannot find a way 129762