Windows 10: ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED ACCESS TO MY APPS!

Discus and support ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED ACCESS TO MY APPS! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i WAS ON A PAGE WHERE I WAS GETTING FREE MICROSOFT APPS. THEN LOOKED AT DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CALL IT BUT EITHER SECURITY OR PERMISSIONS FOR THE APPS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JACQUELINE STIGMAN, Mar 24, 2020.

1. ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED ACCESS TO MY APPS!

i WAS ON A PAGE WHERE I WAS GETTING FREE MICROSOFT APPS. THEN LOOKED AT DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CALL IT BUT EITHER SECURITY OR PERMISSIONS FOR THE APPS ACCESS AND CLOSED ACCESS. NOW I CAN'T OPEN MY DROPBOX OR ONE NOTE. HOW TO FIND THAT PAGE WHERE I CAN ALLOW ACCESS? THANKS!

:)

JACQUELINE STIGMAN, Mar 24, 2020

2. Applications accidentally closed

A good enhancement would be able to put a lock on an application you don't want to accidentally shutdown. I often have multiple apps open and sometimes I accidentally close the window for an app by pressing the X in top right corner. It would be helpful
    if I could CHOOSE to lock out applications I don't want to accidentally close for a period of time or during that session. At least where Windows would ask DO YOU REALLY WANT TO CLOSE THIS APP DOWN. I would not like it on all apps but ones I choose to enable
    this LOCK.

Miguel_Paz, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Mar 24, 2020
  4. ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED ACCESS TO MY APPS!

Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED ACCESS TO MY APPS!

1. ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED ACCESS TO MY APPS! - Similar Threads - ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED ACCESS

2. accidentally closed my laptop during windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    accidentally closed my laptop during windows update: i accidentally closed my laptop during a windows update and now my laptop turns on and off by itself. the screen stays black. right when the laptop ons it shuts right down by itself. it ons and offs by itself. tried holding down the power button but it doesnt work. using asus...
  3. Accidentally accessed unsecure site

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally accessed unsecure site: Dear support. I accidentally accessed an unsecure site by typing the site i wanted to go to wrong. And since i am pretty paranoid when it comes to safety. I am a little worried. I immediately typed the site in the search bar again after seeing the "" at the securr...
  4. Accidental App removal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidental App removal: I was downloading a video editing software, I removed it because I changed my mind and felt like downloading another one, when I close out of chrome I see the startup window of the video editing software I installed last time and had the wordsWELCOME and there were two...
  5. Accidentally closed Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidentally closed Windows Explorer: I accidentally close windows explorer. Everything turned black in the bacround. I know you are supposed to hit control-alt-delete but I can't do that. I shut down my PC with the button and now when I restart this: http://imgur.com/a/82KKX4W comes up. I can't even get onto the...
  6. Access to Laptop accidentally set

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to Laptop accidentally set: I am trying to prep a Window 10 laptop for a friend; however, he turned it on and gave it a name without an associated email and with no password. How can I override the booting to correct the name and set-up the laptopn?...
  7. Accidentally denied access to my own D:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally denied access to my own D:\: Hi everyone, Hope you are safe. I did something really silly today, in my attempt to create a new user and restrict their access to D:\ I locked myself completely out of it. These are the steps I took: 1. Right clicked D:\ the Properties 2. Security tab, clicked on...
  8. app closing

in Windows 10 Customization
    app closing: I installed JLPT N4 app. I can open it. When I click on the section "Study Guide" and click start bar it closes. I can go to another section call Quizzes and it seems to work fine. I have gone to app settings and did the reset-did not help. I uninstalled and restored app...
  9. Applications accidentally closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications accidentally closed: A good enhancement would be able to put a lock on an application you don't want to accidentally shutdown. I often have multiple apps open and sometimes I accidentally close the window for an app by pressing the X in top right corner. It would be helpful if I could CHOOSE to...
  10. I accidentally uninstalled an app on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I accidentally uninstalled an app on my laptop: details Windows 10 home Version 1803 Inspirion 13-7378 Intel core 2.4 GHz 64 bit operating system I inadvertently uninstalled one of the programs on my laptop. Unfortunately all I saw before it went away was that it was a Microsoft apt. But I don't know which one. And...