Windows 10: Accidentally closed Windows Explorer

Discus and support Accidentally closed Windows Explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I accidentally close windows explorer. Everything turned black in the bacround. I know you are supposed to hit control-alt-delete but I can't do that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MinigunL5, Jul 12, 2020.

1. MinigunL5 Win User

Accidentally closed Windows Explorer

I accidentally close windows explorer. Everything turned black in the bacround. I know you are supposed to hit control-alt-delete but I can't do that. I shut down my PC with the button and now when I restart this: http://imgur.com/a/82KKX4W comes up. I can't even get onto the actual PC without it saying my PC ran into a prblem. Is there anyway I can fix it? Maybe by using command promt?

:)

MinigunL5, Jul 12, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Accidentally closed Windows Explorer

Windows 10 Internet Explorer keeps reopening after I close browser

Hi,

In order for us to properly address your issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you install any toolbars or add-ons in Internet Explorer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    The initial troubleshooting steps you can try is to reset Internet Explorer. Follow the steps below to reset Internet Explorer.

• Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows.
    • Press the Windows key + R.
    • At the command prompt that comes up, type inetcpl.cpl and then hit Enter.
    • When Internet Options opens, select the Advanced tab.
    • Look for Reset Internet Explorer Settings.
    • Choose Reset.
    • When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the default settings, select
      Close.
    We'll wait for the result.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally closed Windows Explorer

1. Accidentally closed Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Accidentally closed Explorer

2. Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.: When I try to open Windows Explorer running Windows 10 the file opens for a few seconds and then closes. I have turned off / on with and without unplugging everything. I have run sfc/scannow . The computer is a couple of years old and I have not had any problems like this...
  3. Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.: When I try to open Windows Explorer running Windows 10 the file opens for a few seconds and then closes. I have turned off / on with and without unplugging everything. I have run sfc/scannow . The computer is a couple of years old and I have not had any problems like this...
  4. Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Screen frozen in RDP after accidentally closing explorer in taskmanage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screen frozen in RDP after accidentally closing explorer in taskmanage: Hello Initially my taskbar was stuck in the windows RDP which I was working on. I tried to fix it by closing the windows explorer in the task manager. After then my screen is somehow stuck in the desktop . I am unable to use the task bar or even open windows tab . All I am...
  6. Screen frozen in RDP after accidentally closing explorer in taskmanage

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen frozen in RDP after accidentally closing explorer in taskmanage: Hello Initially my taskbar was stuck in the windows RDP which I was working on. I tried to fix it by closing the windows explorer in the task manager. After then my screen is somehow stuck in the desktop . I am unable to use the task bar or even open windows tab . All I am...
  7. Accidentally closed windows explorer and now laptop keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally closed windows explorer and now laptop keeps crashing: I have a dell laptop with windows 10. I accidentally ended the windows explorer task in task manager and my screen went black. I restarted my laptop but it keeps crashing on startup. I tried starting a new task explorer.exe but the same problem keeps happening....
  8. ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED ACCESS TO MY APPS!

ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED ACCESS TO MY APPS!: i WAS ON A PAGE WHERE I WAS GETTING FREE MICROSOFT APPS. THEN LOOKED AT DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CALL IT BUT EITHER SECURITY OR PERMISSIONS FOR THE APPS ACCESS AND CLOSED ACCESS. NOW I CAN'T OPEN MY DROPBOX OR ONE NOTE. HOW TO FIND THAT PAGE WHERE I CAN ALLOW ACCESS? THANKS!...
  9. Applications accidentally closed

Applications accidentally closed: A good enhancement would be able to put a lock on an application you don't want to accidentally shutdown. I often have multiple apps open and sometimes I accidentally close the window for an app by pressing the X in top right corner. It would be helpful if I could CHOOSE to...
  10. Close File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Close File Explorer Window: Using Taskkill to close File Explorer ends some programs running in System Tray, because it closes the Desktop, while Ccleaner can close it without ending any programs, how can this be done with a batch file? 130259