Windows 10: Accidentally connected Ethernet cable to WAN port of router for the first time, Windows now...

Discus and support Accidentally connected Ethernet cable to WAN port of router for the first time, Windows now... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I accidentally plugged my computer into the WAN port of my router Now it is plugged into a standard LAN port The connection type is still showing as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NotErikUden, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Accidentally connected Ethernet cable to WAN port of router for the first time, Windows now...

I accidentally plugged my computer into the WAN port of my router

Now it is plugged into a standard LAN port

The connection type is still showing as "WAN Miniport"

Any ideas on how to fix this?

submitted by /u/NotErikUden
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NotErikUden, Mar 5, 2021

2. Ethernet connection Error

Hi Anuj Indoria,

if you have a router, the ethernet network cable from the ISP must be connected to the router's WAN port, then you need another ethernet network cable to be connected to a LAN port on the router and the PC's ethernet port.
    If you have the router, there is no need to configure the PPPoE broadband connection on your PC.
    Have you configured the router correctly according to the parameters that your ISP has provided you with?
    Is the router yours or is it owned by your ISP?
    Can you send a photo of your router showing the LAN and WAN ports on the back?
    Otherwise specify the exact brand and model of your router.

franco d'esaro, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Ethernet cable not working.

You need to solve your problem one step at a time, e.g. like so:

• Connect your CAT5 cable directly to your router. If it does not work, replace the cable.
    • Connect the cable to your TP-Link wall plug. If it does not work, reconfigure or replace the wall plug.

Frederik Long, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Accidentally connected Ethernet cable to WAN port of router for the first time, Windows now...

Router Ethernet Port problem.

Have you contacted your ISP?

Their Technical support group will have access to advanced online diagnostic tools and should be able to quickly identify the problem. If you've tested the ports and the Ethernet cables, try the ISP's technical support service.

You could spend hours only to find the set top has a fault. If you want to spend the time, please identify the ISP, set top box and router with name and model numbers. Sometimes Google will be useful. *Smile

W10 Tweaker, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally connected Ethernet cable to WAN port of router for the first time, Windows now...

1. Accidentally connected Ethernet cable to WAN port of router for the first time, Windows now... - Similar Threads - Accidentally connected Ethernet

2. Time will not sync on ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time will not sync on ethernet cable.: Well a couple months ago, I turned on the PC and saw that the time was incorrect. So I tried to sync it in the setting, but when I do it just says that it timed out. So a couple of weeks ago I bought a USB to WIFI and connected it that way, That fixed it. But the WIFI speed...
  3. Time will not sync on ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time will not sync on ethernet cable.: Well a couple months ago, I turned on the PC and saw that the time was incorrect. So I tried to sync it in the setting, but when I do it just says that it timed out. So a couple of weeks ago I bought a USB to WIFI and connected it that way, That fixed it. But the WIFI speed...
  4. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  5. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  6. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Router Ethernet Port problem.

Router Ethernet Port problem.: I have just been supplied with a new router by my fibre optic supplier. The router has 4 Ethernet ports and I have my PC connected to one of them. I also have a set top box for my streaming TV signal, this is connected by cable to another of the Ethernet ports. The PC...
  8. My Computer says to connect an Ethernet cable now.

My Computer says to connect an Ethernet cable now.: Hello! Now i do not know when this problem started, but my WiFi has been having some problems on my computer where it says that I need to connect an Ethernet cable. I do not understand what made this happen as it just started randomly. Sometimes my WiFi will work when I...
  9. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  10. Connecting wifi to physical router for ethernet cable use

Connecting wifi to physical router for ethernet cable use: Hello folks, This is not exactly Windows 10 issue but a networking issue that I need some help with. I am in a situation, where I need to use ethernet cable connection but there is no physical ethernet port to connect to, but there is ample wifi. I have this pocket...