Windows 10: Accidentally created a second account

Discus and support Accidentally created a second account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I purchased a new laptop and accidentally set up a second Microsoft Account using my gmail email. I forgot that my account was set up with an old email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mr. TJB, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Mr. TJB Win User

Accidentally created a second account

I purchased a new laptop and accidentally set up a second Microsoft Account using my gmail email. I forgot that my account was set up with an old email from a couple years ago. Everything is registered or connected with that old account. Now the new account is frozen for 30 days. How do I get rid of this new account?

:)

Mr. TJB, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Fortitude Win User

Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account?

Firstly, I should say that someone suggested this Forum to me and it's one of the most useful things that I have come across on the Internet!
    I read somewhere that one way to safeguard your system is to create a second Administrator account in addition to the one that is built-in in Windows, so that should there be a problem with the "original" Administrator account you would use the second one to restore the first one.
    If this is indeed advisable, what are the steps to do it? I presume that I should password-protect the second Administrator account.
    Would I have the second Administrator account always enabled and the original Administrator account always disabled?

Fortitude, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 9, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition  

Hi @Kari,

I suggest you add an optional final step to remove the drive letter (R in your case) so Macrium Partition is hidden from File Explorer, minimising risk of accidental overwriting or file deletion.

As a second observation, the tutorial you have created works for Windows 10 installers as well - maybe you would like to add a comment on that as well, or copy and make a second tutorial?

Cheers

M.

cereberus, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Accidentally created a second account - Similar Threads - Accidentally created second

2. I created a second account and made the second account Administrator. Now my files are...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I created a second account and made the second account Administrator. Now my files are...: I created a second Microsoft account some time ago and thought it had it had its own name and and email account. Discovered today it does not so I have spent last two days try to separate the accounts and it seems impossible. My brain is trying to keep it all straight but...
  3. I created a second account and made the second account Administrator. Now my files are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I created a second account and made the second account Administrator. Now my files are...: I created a second Microsoft account some time ago and thought it had it had its own name and and email account. Discovered today it does not so I have spent last two days try to separate the accounts and it seems impossible. My brain is trying to keep it all straight but...
  4. I created a second account and made the second account Administrator. Now my files are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accidentally Created another user account with the same email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accidentally Created another user account with the same email: Hi, so I was trying to install a program that wouldnt run due to certain account settings I had in place. To get around this I created another family user to download the program on that account and then have access to it. unfortunately I created the second account using the...
  6. Accidental 2nd Account Created AND USED FOR MONTHS - Combine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidental 2nd Account Created AND USED FOR MONTHS - Combine?: My laptop crashed at the beginning of December and I had to reload EVERYTHING and I accidently created a second Microsoft Account I thought I was creating a Dell account. Until today, I didn't realize this had happened AND I've been using this second account for everything...
  7. How do I delete an accidentally created Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I delete an accidentally created Microsoft Account: I bought 2 tablets and created 2 new Microsoft Accounts when installing Windows 10. I want to delete these 2 accounts. What is the best way to do this. Do I have to be on the device on which the account was created to delete it? Thanks Thomas...
  8. A second user account was created by itself.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A second user account was created by itself.: Hello, I have a very strange issue that I simply can not figure out. My system has only one user account which has full admin. I set up netplwiz to simply log into windows without any authentication needed (yeah, yeah, I know, but the computer remains at home in a locked...
  9. Windows second account created

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows second account created: Hello, yesterday when I booted up my PC, Windows tried to login to an account that I didn't create as shown on the image above. I don't remember creating an account, the only thing I did was to remove the password from my main account by typing netplwiz on the run box. Now...
  10. Create a second generic account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create a second generic account: I have created an account on this pc, password protected at sign-in, for administrative/personal use. Now I want to create a second generic account so others can use the pc, no password is necessary on that one. I had this before in Windows 7, but I am stumped how to do...