Windows 10: Accidentally Created another user account with the same email

Discus and support Accidentally Created another user account with the same email in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, so I was trying to install a program that wouldnt run due to certain account settings I had in place. To get around this I created another family... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ArchibaldGiven, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Accidentally Created another user account with the same email

Hi, so I was trying to install a program that wouldnt run due to certain account settings I had in place. To get around this I created another family user to download the program on that account and then have access to it. unfortunately I created the second account using the same email as my original user account. I'm not sure what exactly happened but now all the settings on my main account got removed personalization's etc. I wanted to reset to a previous date to try and get past this but it said I would need to remove the new account in order to make this change. I think because I used the same email I the remove option is gone, I deleted the account through control panel but it is still there under accounts in settings. Not sure what to do and this is very frustrating as there is no way to remove the account and my main account basically got its settings reset. In addition for some reason along with all of this the backlit keyboard stopped working.

:)

ArchibaldGiven, Feb 24, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

different user accounts, only one email address?

Hi Geoff, welcome to the Ten Forums.

In Windows 10 it is not possible to use the same MS account for more than one user account on the same computer. If User-A signs in with an MS account User-A@AnyEmail.com, that MS account (email address) cannot be used to sign in any other user than User-A. User-B needs to use either a different MS account or a local account. However, you can use the same MS account on multiple computers.

There's no way to work around this restriction.

In your case I would simply install Windows 10 on both computers with a local admin account, then create an additional standard user account as an MS account on both computers using the same email address. If any of the two computers requires the gaming account, too, as you explained I would make this account a local account.

Tutorials:

3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Accidentally Created another user account with the same email

Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally Created another user account with the same email

1. Accidentally Created another user account with the same email - Similar Threads - Accidentally Created another

2. Multiple Microsoft accounts with the same email address can* be created.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Microsoft accounts with the same email address can* be created.: Multiple Microsoft accounts with the same email address cannot be created. told by Microsoftand yet I've somehow, done just that it's annoying. I'm a diesel technician lol I don't work where there's an I.T department nor am I'm in school. IDK what did I don't want to just...
  3. Multiple Microsoft accounts with the same email address can* be created.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Microsoft accounts with the same email address can* be created.: Multiple Microsoft accounts with the same email address cannot be created. told by Microsoftand yet I've somehow, done just that it's annoying. I'm a diesel technician lol I don't work where there's an I.T department nor am I'm in school. IDK what did I don't want to just...
  4. Transfer outlook email account to another microsoft user account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Transfer outlook email account to another microsoft user account: I have a Windows 10 Home system (V 20H2) on a HP Spectre laptop I have 2 email accounts defined on on one Microsoft User Account. I want to transfer one of these email accounts (and all its files and data) onto another separate Microsoft User Account on the same computer...
  5. Another user created a Microsoft account using my email address without my permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another user created a Microsoft account using my email address without my permission: So while I was working from home, my phone alerts me about an email from Microsoft stating that an account has been created in via my email. I get a verification PIN but I do nothing with it due to my job. Next I received another email stating that the account name has been...
  6. Accidentally created a second account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally created a second account: I purchased a new laptop and accidentally set up a second Microsoft Account using my gmail email. I forgot that my account was set up with an old email from a couple years ago. Everything is registered or connected with that old account. Now the new account is frozen for 30...
  7. Not able to create another user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to create another user: I created a new local user, but when i restarted only my old user is showing and the newly created user is not showing Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-create-another-user/39857e01-b148-45bc-a8e1-634d09375194
  8. Accidentally created another User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accidentally created another User: I was trying to follow the instructions to dispense with logging in with user name and password every time I boot up... went thru "netplwiz" and after unticking the requisite box and clicking OK it presented me with a user name I hadn't chosen (although it's part of my GMail...
  9. How to switch email accounts for the same user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to switch email accounts for the same user?: My windows (hotmail) account was recently hacked, and is irretrievable. I have created a new windows account, but my windows 10 user is associated with that old account that I no longer have access to. How do I change the email of this account? 35153
  10. Can One Create User without creating a Email account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can One Create User without creating a Email account?: I am just dumb founded that I cannot create a user account without creating a email account for the user. I don't want to create a email for a child. This is unacceptable. Is there any way to create one without the invasion. 70463