Windows 10: Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor

Discus and support Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I Accidentally deleted the wrong files in the registry editor instead of deleting files in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by edenbensal, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor

Hello,
    I Accidentally deleted the wrong files in the registry editor
    instead of deleting files in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers i've deleted in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

Luckily for me i backed up before deleting them. after i found my mistake i import them again but i received this error

Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor [​IMG]

how much bad this is it?

:)

edenbensal, Aug 10, 2019

2. Windows registry accidentally deleted

Hi Osi,

We acknowledge that you're experiencing an issue regarding the registry and it is possible to restore a deleted registry if you have a system restore point which can take you back to an earlier point before the issue occurred. We would suggest checking the
    post of J W Stuart from this
    thread
    to see the steps that you can follow in restoring from a system restore point.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Deleting Registries in Registry Editor

When you delete in the Registry Editor, it's alternative way to free up space?

Jeanne Gabriela, Aug 10, 2019
  4. SachitRam Win User

Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor

temporary profile, and the real profile got deleted accidentally from registry editor.

So yesterday i turned on my computer and logged on. Then i realized all my stuffs got deleted and i was logged in in a temporary profile. I had this problem before and i fixed it last time, but this time when i opened registry manager, i accidentally deleted
    my real profile. I want to restore the file (from registry editor) but i dont know where i can find my profile file. Help!

SachitRam, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor

1. Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor - Similar Threads - Accidentally delete wrong

2. Accidental registry deletion.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental registry deletion.: I accidentally deleted the highlighted file in the registry editior and now everything isn't working properly, please help me ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidental-registry-deletion/792891b7-a7c6-4164-a0a2-cad33dbf3dd3
  3. I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor It was the Microsoft folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor It was the Microsoft folder: and now my screen is black but it powers on.What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-a-folder-in-the-registry/0dd7c4f7-a1e3-4af0-a71b-e8afac3419c6
  4. I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor It was the Microsoft folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor It was the Microsoft folder: and now my screen is black but it powers on.What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-a-folder-in-the-registry/0dd7c4f7-a1e3-4af0-a71b-e8afac3419c6
  5. I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows DefenderI deleted the end file - Windows DefenderWas that file important? I think it was. Is there a way to get that data back in case something bad happens to my PC for deleting it?Can anyone help me as I don't have a...
  6. I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows DefenderI deleted the end file - Windows DefenderWas that file important? I think it was. Is there a way to get that data back in case something bad happens to my PC for deleting it?Can anyone help me as I don't have a...
  7. Registry Editor accidental mistake

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry Editor accidental mistake: Help me, I trying to find something in the registry editor file. I make a mistake by renaming a file into "runas" because I'm following Youtube tutorial, can someone tell me the correct name. I'm afraid to close the computer because if it can't run.[ATTACH]...
  8. i accidentally deleted my runasuser key in registry editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i accidentally deleted my runasuser key in registry editor: [ATTACH] in the registry editor HKEY CLASSES ROOTS/msi package/shell theres supposed to be a runasuser key that is for installing apps nut now that its not there i cant install anything.i accidentally deleted it so can i see what is the original key of runasuser so i can...
  9. oops accidentally deleted wrong registry files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    oops accidentally deleted wrong registry files.: Hello, so apple is quite annoying and keeps adding "icloud photos" in file explorer. The way to get rid of it is to delete certain registry files. I accidentally deleted the wrong folder I think and have no idea what I deleted. Nothing seems to have occurred from doing that...
  10. Accidentally deleted Command Processor folder in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally deleted Command Processor folder in Registry Editor: In an attempt to follow a fix for an issue I was having with the command prompt, I accidentally deleted the Command Processor folder in registry editor. The command prompt still works, but I've lost the autocomplete function. How do I restore this folder? It was located:...