Windows 10: Accidentally deleted a bunch of files with storage sense

Discus and support Accidentally deleted a bunch of files with storage sense in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I wanted to make some space on my computer and let's just say I'm not much of a tech wiz. So I went onto my storage settings to see what was taking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gunga13, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Accidentally deleted a bunch of files with storage sense

So I wanted to make some space on my computer and let's just say I'm not much of a tech wiz. So I went onto my storage settings to see what was taking up the most space. It said that there was about 30GBs worth of Temp files in Downloads (which should've been a red flag) and that it could remove them. I being an idiot thought this would delete useless files, but instead it's deleted pretty much everything in my downloads folder. Is there any way I can reverse this stupid mistake? I tried doing a system restore and got 0x8007045b error.

submitted by /u/gunga13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gunga13, Jan 28, 2021

2. What did Windows Storage Sense delete?

Hi, Garth

You can not find what was deleted. The only precautious way is having this disabled.

Windows 10 should have Storage sense disabled by default, but you can check and turn off the feature as necessary using these steps:

1.Open Settings.

2.Click on System.

3.Click on Storage.

4.Turn off the Storage sense toggle switch.

Once you've completed the steps, the feature will stop running automatically on your device.

In the event that your device starts running out of space to perform an upgrade or store files, you can re-enable the feature and use these tips to free up space.

Good luck !

HiltonOishi, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Storage Sense configuration for deleting temporary files

hi

My name is Smith and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

try open Start > Settings > System > Storage >

Toggle on Storage sense

Click Change how we free up space

Toggle on Storage sense again if its not

Make sure Delete temporary files that my apps aren't using is checked

SmithErikson, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Accidentally deleted a bunch of files with storage sense

XV6900 - Recover Deleted Data on Storage Card

I'm missing a bunch of data off of my storage card. I'm afraid that the files were accidentally delete (most of them are pwi). Is there a way to recover deleted notes (.pwi) files off of a storage card?

Abercrombie07, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally deleted a bunch of files with storage sense

1. Accidentally deleted a bunch of files with storage sense - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted bunch

2. Does storage sense delete personal files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does storage sense delete personal files?: I just wanna ask if it deleted personal files, recently, a bunch of files in my downloads folder had suddenly disappeared luckily the files weren't too important and I think it's because of storage sense. Is it better to turn it off and delete files manually or to use a...
  3. Does storage sense delete personal files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does storage sense delete personal files?: I just wanna ask if it deleted personal files, recently, a bunch of files in my downloads folder had suddenly disappeared luckily the files weren't too important and I think it's because of storage sense. Is it better to turn it off and delete files manually or to use a...
  4. "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES: Windows deleted the entire contents of two different folders within the past month and those are only the ones of which I am aware! I just discovered that Windows 10 has a "Storage Sense" option where it will automatically delete files it thinks you do not need if the system...
  5. "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES: Windows deleted the entire contents of two different folders within the past month and those are only the ones of which I am aware! I just discovered that Windows 10 has a "Storage Sense" option where it will automatically delete files it thinks you do not need if the system...
  6. "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Storage sense deleting files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage sense deleting files: I know I'm asking this question again but it is because I want more clarity. So, the problem is my c drive was almost full like 114.5/118 GB occupied and my recycle bin was empty. I deleted a zip file that I downloaded from google drive from downloads folder, it was of size...
  8. Storage sense deleting files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Storage sense deleting files: My c drive was almost full like only 4.5 GB was free and my recycle bin was empty then I deleted a downloaded zip file from downloads folder and later after some time saw that my recycle bin was empty. My storage sense was on would run when on low disk space and set to delete...
  9. Storage sense automatically deleted my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage sense automatically deleted my files: Good Day, I had only only 1.7 GB of free space in my C drive. I was planning to free up space in the near future by checking and deleting those files I wouldn't need. To my surprise, I found today that my C drive showed 9.38 GB of free space. I didn't know...
  10. Storage Sense configuration for deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense configuration for deleting temporary files: Storage Sense is doing its work silently and has an option to "Delete temporary files that my apps aren't using". What does that mean in more detail? Can it silently remove files from "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp"? If so, based on what conditions? Not opened for x...